[Advice] £200 or so to improve my PC?

E

Embattle

Athlon -> Athlon Thunderbird -> Athlon Palomino -> Athlon Thoroughbred

O

Ono

Anyone know where I can get an Athlon TB 1.4 GHz 100MHz FSB?

S

Summo

Ha ha. Of course, I knew that, really.

:(

Thanks, Embeh. ;)

O

old.Devilfish2k2

Get down ur local computer fair if u want cheap parts!!!

Best place by far! ;)

I think it was about £30 for a stick of 256mb PC133 Ram, but don't quote me on that.

All stuff like processors and memory is dirt cheap.

:D

O

Ono

Originally posted by Devilfish2k2
Get down ur local computer fair if u want cheap parts!!!

Best place by far! ;)

I think it was about £30 for a stick of 256mb PC133 Ram, but don't quote me on that.

All stuff like processors and memory is dirt cheap.

:D

Anywhere that doesn't involve a trip to the East Midlands and buying from geeks? :p

O

old.Devilfish2k2

Buying from geeks, errrr...what ?

And thats got what to do with the price of fish?

I said local computer fair, as within a certain localaty of ur home.

I'm sure London has computer fairs.

:p

S

S-Gray

Why not the North West? (manchester) best comp fair around

/Edit ah nevermind, just checked your location.. grr heh

O

Ono

Originally posted by Super_Gray
Why not the North West? (manchester) best comp fair around

/Edit ah nevermind, just checked your location.. grr heh

I have heard of something dodgy called Bowlers in Manchester. You know it SG?

S

S-Gray

thats the place Ono, VERY Large Place, its like a Sports Areana, supposed to be the biggest Computer Fair in the UK. The only dodgy stuff ive come across in there is Memory, last time i bought 128mb from there (bout a year ago) it was faulty and couldnt find the guy again. Everything else has been spot on tho

O

Ono

Bowlers is where you can buy the DVD of Spiderman the Movie and SW:Attack of the Clones I hear. ;)

S

S-Gray

you can get absolutly anything, my "contact" got Spiderman, Ep2, and shit loads more, but they dont sell these on the premises (as its illegal?) instead all the guys selling copies etc are on the outside, and you wanna see how much they make.. jesus heh

i remember once, cops where in an undercover car, and they just stormed into the road and caught everyone off guard, the guys left all their gear except their money and did a bunk

O

Ono

Originally posted by Super_Gray
i remember once, cops where in an undercover car, and they just stormed into the road and caught everyone off guard, the guys left all their gear except their money and did a bunk

I have heard that Bowlers get frequently raided by Trading Standards and FACT. There was quite a lot said about the place (and one trader in particular) at another forum.

S

S-Gray

i havent been in a few months, mainly because its usually a pain in the arse on the motorway, but my "supplier" goes on a weekly basis to get DVDs, and up-to-date hardware

W

Wilier

Ive got a bid in on an Athlon 1.4 with cooler in ebay for £45. Only 2 hrs to go.

Ive actually pretty much built my pc from ebay, never had any trouble.

W

Wilier

Boooo. :(

Auction ended whilst I was out on site. Sold for £46.

Dammitt.

W

Wilier

headshot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom