advert??

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Saw an advert on freddyshouse just now for cheap powerlevling and chreap gold in Wow

woot??

isnt that ilegal?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Report it then :)

Or do you mean google ads, you don't have any control over what they display afaik so oh well.

Athan

Resident Freddy
And no it's not illegal, although it is against the EULA/T&C etc that Blizzard have you agree to when you play WoW. Yes, there is a difference.

But like FuzzyLogic said, with google ads there's no way to control such things (although perhaps there should be).

-Ath

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
AFAIK, If you can get the URL of the site, then it can be blocked in the google control panel. I'm sure if you post in feedback, someone might look at it.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Ryuno said:
AFAIK, If you can get the URL of the site, then it can be blocked in the google control panel. I'm sure if you post in feedback, someone might look at it.
It's already been mentioned two or three times in the feedback forum - quite a while ago. So I doubt it, I guess.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Imon said:
Saw an advert on freddyshouse just now for cheap powerlevling and chreap gold in Wow

woot??

isnt that ilegal?

Who cares really. WoW is crap and I cant see any government passing laws about cheating in games tbh...unless of course you are create a financial loss or something...

Athan

Resident Freddy
The legality, or not, of it is a red herring. As my first post implied this is a mis-use of the word. When anyone ever uses the word 'illegal' in relation to MMOG currency selling what they actually mean is "is against the terms of the agreement between players of that game and the company running it".

Given that, the reason to care (yes, you only will if you play the game) is because selling of game currency encourages certain ingame actions that tend to unbalance the game community, usually with relation to the economy in the game, and certainly the availability of certain items. Oh, and MMOG companies tend to end up taking measures designed to reduce the attractiveness of farming for currency, despite the fact those measures have a detrimental effect on 'genuine' players as well.

To close with I'll point out that it isn't actually the currency sellers, or their advertising, that are the problem. It's the idiots that buy the game currency. If there were no buyers there'd be no market for the sellers and thus no problem. As such any effort to make the sellers less visible helps in reducing the number of buys, which means not having such ads on FH might help a teensy weensy little bit (yes, anyone wanting to buy wow gold need only go google for the term).

-Ath

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Tis funny though, use good old BW Green and as if by magic the adverts are gone. (not seen any since FH opened tbh)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sharma said:
Tis funny though, use good old BW Green and as if by magic the adverts are gone. (not seen any since FH opened tbh)

Suppressed if you pay yer bargain 10 quid subs :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Which would explain why I've never seen any and wondered wtf this thread was about :p

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Theres someone that doesnt block ads? Thatll teach ya

And Athan: your reply might be just a little over the top given that the original poster couldnt even spell "illegal" :fluffle: (or "powerlevelling". or even "cheap". is he a brooky clone?)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Am I alone in struggling to find a particle of shit to give to someone about this thread?

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Such hostality :eek:

The ads are doing exactly what they're meant to do anyway ;) It's targetted advertising and i bet more people are interested in Gold/Power Level than how to defeat some Goblin Shaman located in the corner of the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom