adsl

M

M4nimal

lo

adsl modem: US Robotics - http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-broadband-product.asp?loc=unkg&prod=bb-scusb-adsl

Problem: I can connect, some days the connection runs more consistant than others, but on most days the connection will always start sending data more than its receiving. The upload rate is maxed out, I'm not downloading anything. Maybe I'm being hacked, I don't know, I have installed the latest drivers too.

Is this a common problem? Is there a way to see where this data is going? Is there a way I can reset the connection without having to reset PC? I've disabled the PPP and network connections, then re-enabled them to see if this helps - nada.

m4

T

Testin da Cable

you're running a firewall, current virus scanner etc. etc. I trust?

you can use the free, open source graphical packet sniffer ethereal to see what you're sending out onto the wire.

M

M4nimal

no firewall

McAfee (have to use this - company reasons)

Thanx for link, will check it out

T

Testin da Cable

if you don't trust your pc anymore the best thing is a reinstall matey. oh, and a firewall. try zonealarm, it's free!

N

north_star

I've had over 35 intrusion attacks and well over 40 security attacks, all this and i'm still in my first week of using BT broadband (adsl).

Thank god for Firewalls. Don't surf without it!

Y

~YuckFou~

Zone Alarm:

5757 Intrusions
981 High rated.

All blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread