ADSL? WTF is going on??

O

Ono

I hear rumours that BTOpenworld will disable the ports for Netmeeting (hence no video confs) and possibly for GAMING on their ADSL.

Are they trying to piss me off?!

E

Embattle

They are unlikely to disable gaming, since thats what most are getting it for :D

O

old.CoRn

Thats when BTOPENWORLD gets its arse into gear and starts connecting everyone.
Case Scenario
-------------
Me> Oooo look adsl is coming I think i'll sign up for that and be one of the first to get it.

BT> Oooo I know lets ignore all those people who signed up for it the day it was announced and just connect the multi computer users coz they are spending more money with us.

Demon> Come with us and we will connect you within 30 days but we will charge you a hell of a lot more than BT will but hey at least you get ADSL

ME> Bugger!!!!!

O

Ono

I hope it is worth the wait ( and the 40 quid a month).
If I get stable pings (with no PL) of anything under 50 ms on CS I will be a happy bunny.

On the waiting side of things, I am one of the original sign-ups and haven't even received a contract yet!!

NOTE PLSE Mr BT guy.....Madasafish are offering ADSL for the same price as you.

Y

~YuckFou~

BT Openworld won't support Netmeeting or ICQ, definately.
Or so BT say, but then they don't know their arse from their elbow, so who knows? :)

~YuckFou~

O

old.Kurt_Angle

With my isdn i get stable 50 pings with no PL, the only thing i would use dsl for is downloading, but hey im waiting on NTL for my cable :)

O

Ono

I was just informed by someone at Broadband-Help.com that Netmeeting is allowed on Home ADSL.

BT are the masters of non-information aren't they?

I could get cable here, but it means faffing around with the phone lines again and I have heard that NTL is worse than BT in their customer relations!! (Is it possible?!)

O

old.MeddlE

If you can get cable now, what the fuck are you waiting for? Once it's in and running you shouldn't have to deal with them too much. I've been with Blueyonder since May and never speak to Telewest, there's no need. Sod waiting around for BT to get their act together, like that's gonna happen.

O

Ono

Yeah, heard many good things about Blueyonder from Telewest.

Thing is it's NTL here and they suck.

Also, as I mentioned, I just cancelled my Cable TV and telephone cos NTL (aka C&W home) were still not rolling out either Digi TV or Broadband at the time. Hence replaced with Sky Digi and (soon I hope) ADSL.

O

Ono

Posted on BW news today...

BT delay roll out ADSL....fuel crisis.

LAMERS.

G

I think Jolt are offereing a non port blocked ADSL for 50 quid a month at the moment

O

old.Nemesis

U see every1, ADSL is a myth made up by BT so they could piss every1 off.....end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom