ADSL Router

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Our company has a job to install 10 or so VPN's. I know what equipment works but the routers that have been choosen are Cable/DSL routers. Before when weve done this BT have their own routers/bridging device that bridges ethernet to ATM. We need a router/modem that will do the same of presenting the WAN IP to the ethernet device plugged into it. Understand what im after? :)

Anyway any recommendations for such a product?

*Edit*

Reason is we dont use BT, we use Nildram :)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
]SK[ said:
Anyway any recommendations for such a product?

*Edit*

Reason is we dont use BT, we use Nildram :)

Assuming you want adsl modem routers than can forward vpn traffic - here's some at aria

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=10729 - Linksys Wireless-G VPN Bband Router
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=121673&cks=PRL - SMC Barricade Broadband Router 4P 10/100 switch, UPnP, SPI firewall

Blimey switch broadband routers are cheap these days ;)

Ok you have a couple of options there - one is a wireless one is wired - both support vpn. I am assuming that VPN is essential for what you want to do - ADSL To site then use vpn tunnels to bring users from remote sites securely into the network etc etc
[edit]
Tbh where I work we only use cisco routers and we don't allow remote sites to vpn back in... Linksys are owned by cisco so I would always recommend them, but thats more from a 'I know cisco and I know cisco works' and owning a linksys router at home that would make me plump for them rather than having any real experience setting up vpn on adsl.
[/edit]

M

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Im not quite after a VPN router though. I basically want an ADSL router that will really just bridge the already purchased VPN router to ATM (ADSL).

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm Not sure if the router you want needs vpn then?

I think the difference is £5 for wired modems so I would just grab a vpn capable adsl modem/router anyway.

Gl

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom