Ads in Games Part 2

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
In a follow up to my previous post on "ads in games" I did some digging around and I could not believe my eyes when I saw this:

NEW YORK, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Massive Incorporated today launched the world's first video game advertising network, giving top global brands a new opportunity to deliver dynamic advertising campaigns across a network of titles and genres to reach the 18-34 year old male audience that is increasingly difficult to reach through television and other existing advertising channels.

The detailed report can be seen here. What will it mean for us gamers? :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that article said:
The enthusiasm and support we've received from both game publishers and advertisers proves that we're delivering just what they've been waiting for

I notice a distinct lack of the term "end user" in that sentence. I'm having a vision along the lines of "before you enter this dungeon, please consider taking a moment to visit Blah Blah inc auto parts!"
what's next? online surveys? :/

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
TdC said:
I notice a distinct lack of the term "end user" in that sentence. I'm having a vision along the lines of "before you enter this dungeon, please consider taking a moment to visit Blah Blah inc auto parts!"
what's next? online surveys? :/
lololol aye it will be like going to those popup websites lolol.. i can see it now:p u enter dungeon nr3 .. <popup> try this it makes u stronger and more attractive<popup> <frustrated user hammering the close button>

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont worry, I'm sure if it was annoyingly implemented some enterprising young sould would find a way to remove them :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thank baby Jebus for enterprising young souls...they have helped me out with so many software difficulties.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
pfffffffffffffffff

imagine going to a alchemist in some rpg:

Minor healing potion - 5 health
Medium healing potion - 10 health
Major healing potion - 20 health
Bottle of Coca Cola - 40 health

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah, but consider that actually purchasing that +40health bottle o'coke may be registered by the ad company? your spams would become more coke-oriented, you may get coke-related snail mail. in the future, your digital television may suddenly start spewing coke adverts (and related products naturally, like MaccyD and Nike)

the potential is mind boggling. oh, and naturally having your firewall block the uplink port will result in a loss of gaming enjoyment. ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom