Acuity Buff

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Heya all,

I have reached lev 12 with my shammy. He cast the Acuity buff who shall give me a bonus to my prime casting stat....right? I dont see the raise though. If I have wrong, what does the spell do?

Grateful for any answer :)

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
chalaim said:
Heya all,

I have reached lev 12 with my shammy. He cast the Acuity buff who shall give me a bonus to my prime casting stat....right? I dont see the raise though. If I have wrong, what does the spell do?

Grateful for any answer :)

Acuity buffs only works on 'Cloth' casters. Not on hybrids and healers (Shammy).

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Correct, only classes in mid that benefit from it are runies, spritmasters and bonedancers - oh and savages like to have it in RvR to acheive grapple immunity ;)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As stated above the Acuity buff only affects pure casters and it increases your primary casting stat. +Acuity items however will work on any class with a power pool.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As stated above the Acuity buff only affects pure casters and it increases your primary casting stat. +Acuity items however will work on any class with a power pool.

I won't classify Valewalkers as pure casters, but acuity buffs affect them. So I think a better description would be "the acuity buff only affects classes which wear cloth armor" :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Thegreatest said:
I won't classify Valewalkers as pure casters, but acuity buffs affect them. So I think a better description would be "the acuity buff only affects classes which wear cloth armor" :)
According to Mythic, a 'pure' caster is one which can select the spells of all levels in all his lists and not just the highest level ones (like most hybrids).
Grab Bag
Mythic said:
Q: Why doesn't the "brain buff" affect piety for clerics/healers/etc? It gives benefits to players such as a valewalker so it's obviously not just for pure caster types.

A: From Balance Boy: ”The concentration (or PBAE version) of the Acuity or "brain buff" is designed only to give benefits to list casters. List casters are defined as those who have their entire spell list available to them as opposed to other classes who only have their highest one or two spells available from each spell line. Another way to think of it is that Acuity buff only affects cloth casters. Valewalkers are a list caster and therefore receive the benefits from the buff.”

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
The grab bag just says exactly the same as I say Requiel. All pure casters are list casters, but not all list casters are pure casters :). Hope you got what I mean, with "pure caster" I'm more thinking about a class which doesnt have any melee abbility and only relies purely on his spells for killing their enemies :)

Fortunefish, why wouldnt a Heretic benefit from the acuity buff? If they got any ranged castable direct damage like Valewalkers, I'm pretty sure they will get the benefit of acuity buffs. Just like the grab bag says, the acuity buff affects all cloth wearers and the heretic wears cloth, so it should affect them also :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom