Active Directory & Blizzards database management platform

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Is Active Directory the appropriate database management platform for these kind of account numbers? We us it at our University and it's fine with only 25K accounts to manage... I'm not sure if it can handle WoW's numbers tbh..

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
nikolas said:
Is Active Directory the appropriate database management platform for these kind of account numbers? We us it at our University and it's fine with only 25K accounts to manage... I'm not sure if it can handle WoW's numbers tbh..

Eh? :wij:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
no it wouldn't be the right system...

most likely some custom oracle or sql bases database with a bolted on authentication system

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They should use Novell eNDS tbh for that kinda numbers, period.

legis

Fledgling Freddie
AD can hold millions of objects. Despite this I can't see why they should use it. I hope they have their own customized db.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
yaruar said:
no it wouldn't be the right system...

most likely some custom oracle or sql bases database with a bolted on authentication system

Afaik they we're advertising a job vacancy for someone experienced with oracle ^^

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Nugusta said:
Afaik they we're advertising a job vacancy for someone experienced with oracle ^^

I'd lay money on the fact they run oracle on redhat advanced server clusters with custom database tools for the account logons and querying.

I can't say for definate, but it's the way i would have set it up (and most probably running on IBM or HP kit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom