Games Action Point Bulletin (APB) Beta Giveaway

Afran

Part of the furniture
Don't really know anything about this game, just that it's supposed to be some sort of GTA style MMO.

They're currently giving beta keys away so may aswell grab one while you can at All Points Bulletin Demo Key Giveaway, they have 8500 EU keys left but might go fast :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looks like a fun cops&robbers style MMO.

Atleast something slightly new into the mix, have to wait a couple of months for it to really pick up though, get some major issues fixed etc.

Oh yeah, it's all points bulletin it seems.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Read some interesting stuff about this;

- 3d real voice comm, actual voice that can be changed to fit character.
- Super customization.
- own radio playtracks(that others can hear if they own same song)
- Basic monthly subscription OR hourly subscription.

Good innovation if any.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think the guy that is behind this was a old DAOC player he did lemmings and the first two grand theft autos as well :)

I have played Beta and there were too many 13 years olds treating it like GTA :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the guy that is behind this was a old DAOC player he did lemmings and the first two grand theft autos as well :)

I have played Beta and there were too many 13 years olds treating it like GTA :(

Yeah, original gta and that other...game...with enforcers etc, anyay, good reviews.

It's about time and it's good that a right guy for the job is making it happen.

Here's hoping it works.

Afran i just noticed it myself later :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, original gta and that other...game...with enforcers etc, anyay, good reviews.

It's about time and it's good that a right guy for the job is making it happen.

Here's hoping it works.

Afran i just noticed it myself later :p

Yeah a MMO with a MMO lover behind the wheel should be interesting.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah a MMO with a MMO lover behind the wheel should be interesting.

True, and what he said in one interview that "I'm not trying to compete with wow etc", which is a good thing.

Not to mention, who better to do a gta style mmo then the brain behind original gta :p

You know, when gta was fun like saints row instead of the latest reallity blaster.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Could be amazing, but could also be Champions Online :(

Marc

FH is my second home
Anyway remember the old APB arcade game where you had to strangle the guy at the end of each mission?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyway remember the old APB arcade game where you had to strangle the guy at the end of each mission?

I remember playing APB on the Amiga I think, can't remember strangling at the end of the missions. May have to see if I can find it on an emulator.

Marc

FH is my second home
I remember playing APB on the Amiga I think, can't remember strangling at the end of the missions. May have to see if I can find it on an emulator.

Trust me, on the arcade version you had to strangle the guy you catch to make him confess lol

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Been reading up on this game, it seems great, worth getting on the beta anyway, still 8000 odd EU beta keys left.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wonder if they're giving keys via the company site too.

Don't want to sign up on yet another site if i don't have to.

Ah nevermind, you only get a 5h demo of it and i'm not around when it launches(19th or so).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just noticed that, only 5 hours game time for an open beta.... pretty poor, not enought time to make a buying decision.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yeah 5 hours kind of sucks. Played for 2 hours so far, seems quite good, some obvious balance issues already but hey it's beta. Not really looking for a new MMO but it seems decent :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My finger keeps hovering over the buy button on Steam with this. Looks pretty good but trying to steer clear of MMOs until at least 6 months after release now. Got burnt by so many half arsed piles of crap, WAR, Conan, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Fallen Earth etc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The subscription model is the only thing making think of adopting this early Raven - No tie ins, it's a pay as you go model with no re-occurring subs. Also it's flexible, you can buy game time by the hour, with no expiry, or unlimited with a 30 day expiry.

Afran

Part of the furniture
The VIP missions are kinda cool, sucks that you can be spawned right on top of when you're the target though.. literally had a vehicle spawn on me, insta death and down to 2/3 lives :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom