Action Half-life is out!

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

A beta of Action Half-life has been released you can get it from WON or ftp.fileplanet.com/action/half-life/modifications/action.EXE

It's a biggy - 23meg

------------------
"Be vevvy, vevvy quiet! I'm hunting wabbits"

Elmer Fudd

Satan's Little Helpers
http://kamikaze.evil.to/SLH/

irc.barrysworld.com #[SLH]Half-life

O

old.C4

Ahhhh, I knew soomething was released yesterday, but forgot what. Think I'll d/load when i get home.

C4

O

old.Private Ryan

The only problem being is that there are no decent servers to play it on, even with BW dialup I can't get a ping under 350 on the 5 action servers that respond to GameSpy
frown.gif

------------------
[SLH]Private Ryan
ICQ @ 34740499
--

O

old.asandir

Thank god I've got free w/e calls
smile.gif

But will it be worth the download? Don't really like dm much.

------------------
Asandir[iD10]

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

I managed to get it downloaded (finally). The file is big because it has 12 maps included and sadly I don't think they are very good
frown.gif
The mod it self does look promising
smile.gif

O

old.C4

Well, I'm gonna download it 'casue I wanna win the "How big is your Half Life Directory" thingy
wink.gif

C4

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

Oh god - I forgot all about that!

[SLH]Pakman
Currently at : 1,084,761,202 bytes (yep 1 gig on the dot
smile.gif
)

M

Mr Lee

Not up to the standard of AQ2 I'm afraid, but it is fun and I haven't played enough yet.

O

old.Private Ryan

Why can't we have a AHL server at Barrysworld?

Quake has almost all its mods like AQ have a server

But HL only has the 2 DM and the 2 TFC
frown.gif

------------------
[SLH]Private Ryan
ICQ @ 34740499
--

O

old.C4

Yeah, that's true, and it would b nice to have more servers for all the different mods, but I don't think BW can ATM. Check the other threads n stuff.

C4

O

old.Makhno

They're probably waiting for a Linux server port. I doubt the people at Barrysworld are too keen on using NT.
As far as I'm aware, there is no Linux server port for AHL. They're having enough trouble fixing all the bugs themselves.
eg: Within the first 5 minutes of experimenting on my own map with AHLbeta2.1 I got hit by an automated cannon in the head...and it didn't kill me.

T

TedTheDog

Greetings... etc etc
Actually, we're waiting for more hardware before we can do this. Currently, we have no income. The banner income has to pay the bill for running the banner in the first place before we get any of it!! Thats taking time.

Anyway, thats all by the by, we're trying to do something else about our current almost charity like status (actually, charties have an income but I digress) so we can support the games properly.
Its not cheap this business, ask WirePlay, and we've done quite well on donations, but its now at the point whereby its a case of either do it properly or dont do it at all. We're working on Plan A
smile.gif

Yes, slowley....
But working on it

O

old.MichaelStockman

So to say, AHL sux horse bollocks. no *offence*, But is just does
Case dismissed =(

------------------
Hurry Hurry Im eating my rice and curry!!!

[This message has been edited by MichaelStockman (edited 05 September 1999).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom