Action against gold spammers

Syri

FH is my second home
Aion? Online :: Notices - Addressing Gold Spam

We currently have Game Masters monitoring all our servers. They track chat channels closely and have been banning thousands of spammers every day. This form of active monitoring is a part of a much larger network of tools and sensors that we’re currently utilizing to help create a better game experience for the Aion community across the board.

If you’re experiencing chat spam, there is a way for you to address this immediately on your own and help us create a better gameplay experience for everyone. You can use the Block User feature. All you need to do is to right-click on a user’s name and choose to block that user. While this doesn’t eliminate the problem, it is one small step you can actively make to improve your game experience. Using Block User also helps us identify spammers much more quickly.
NC Soft are doing something about the spam after all! Maybe they should consider renaming that "Block" option to "Report Spam" instead...

rynnor

Rockhound
Does anyone actually see any evidence of this supposed crackdown tho?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone actually see any evidence of this supposed crackdown tho?

Same question seems to be being asked everywhere, try unblocking some of the gold spammers on your ignore list and see if they are actually gone.

Judging from many of the forum posts on the subject, it's slow, not an overnight ban-em-all thing, but the wheels are apparently turning.

Syri

FH is my second home
Well, there's a new patch gone live, that promises an "improved chat filter". Logged in, and would you believe it... no gold spam. not one message. dunno what they did, but someone's done something right. let's hope it stays this way!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The filter today improved a lot - I only saw one spammer to block today.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Same question seems to be being asked everywhere, try unblocking some of the gold spammers on your ignore list and see if they are actually gone.

i did that once with a spammer i blocked 1.5 weeks ago.... and guess what, he was still going strong :)

rynnor

Rockhound
i did that once with a spammer i blocked 1.5 weeks ago.... and guess what, he was still going strong :)

I started an alt on Kahrun and his chat was instantly filled by 7 spammers lol - blocking works but theres no sign of less spammers so I tend to think the bannings are apocryphal.

Edit: Oh and one of them seemed very familiar - think I blocked him on my main when the server opened :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Lol - new patch going in with fix for gold spammers - the fix consists of changing it to level 10 requirement to spam - lol!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
It's not a completey bad move.

The time from 5 to 10 will definitely reduce the frequency of new spammers appearing.

It's practically impossible to remove gold spammers full stop. That said, I block 1-2 more a day and that takes 3 seconds...

rynnor

Rockhound
It's not a completey bad move.

The time from 5 to 10 will definitely reduce the frequency of new spammers appearing.

It's practically impossible to remove gold spammers full stop. That said, I block 1-2 more a day and that takes 3 seconds...

If they actually banned accounts it would drop off fast - as it is the spammers create a new spam character every few days and delete the old one - raising it from 5-10 will only mildly inconvenience them whilst seriously inconveniencing a lot of paying customers - they are just looking for easy fixes that dont require human intervention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom