account splitting

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
ok i know america has this option already, think they got it with nf, but does anyone know when/if we will be getting account splitting? i seriously need to get my gf's character off my account :p

any help appreciated, thx :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
It will arrive at the same time as in game mariage

From what i remember GoA stripped that out from the EURO version to "do something better" and that was ohh 2 years ago :) ?

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think you will see any account splitting in the near future ;)

Kinda ironic though as it should bring in more money for GOA, oh well their headache I guess :D

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
Grimmen said:
Dont think you will see any account splitting in the near future ;)

Kinda ironic though as it should bring in more money for GOA, oh well their headache I guess :D

i thought that but then i was thinking, if they aint working on it there must be some bloody good reason why not. but the only thing i could think off at this hour was ..account splitting = server overload .?!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
We have a totally different billing system to the US, hence why GOA said its not yet on the cards. Im sure its not forgetten, but they do have more important things to do like patching and keeping the gorre populus in kleenex.

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
We have a totally different billing system to the US, hence why GOA said its not yet on the cards. Im sure its not forgetten, but they do have more important things to do like patching and keeping the gorre populus in kleenex.

well if they cant handle it cause they have to patch and keep gorre fixed, then we will never see it. and tbh they like said it allmost a year ago i think, not sure though, but its been a loooong time, they should have worked something out by now. they cant use the patches as an excuse, cause they will never go away.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
but they do have more important things to do like patching and keeping the gorre populus in kleenex.

Well if you see it from GOA's perspective I would atleast think that bringin in cash is the most important thing and account splitting should be boost in their income as there are alot of ppl just waiting for account splitting to arrive. :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Blitzing said:
well if they cant handle it cause they have to patch and keep gorre fixed, then we will never see it. and tbh they like said it allmost a year ago i think, not sure though, but its been a loooong time, they should have worked something out by now. they cant use the patches as an excuse, cause they will never go away.
patches are an excuse...err no. Account splitting became available in May this year (6 months ago fyi) in the US. The GOA team have to look after 3 languages, 12 servers plus Gorre, patching to live and Gorre, replying to crap rightnow "why dont i wtfpwn" questions etc etc. Since may (dont think you noticed this part) most of the GOA GMs have been replaced with new improved models (Erivoss, Requiel etc etc), who have not only drastically improved customer services, but also manage to put on a fortnightly event on all servers, spend a lot of time helping in game ressetting MLs and artis and generally being helpful.

They didnt rule it out, but think of the complications such as account security that have to be taken into account, one slip up and poof, your chars deleted and you got nothing.

Be patient young padawan.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
i find account splitting very amusing.
The idea behind it is to allow family/friends who play your account to separate their character to a new account, thus providing more income to Mythic through the second subscribed account.

But, its against the euro CoC to share your account, or lend it? So what are they gonna do? Transfer the char for £X then ban both accounts for breach of the CoC? :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
frogster said:
The idea behind it is to allow family/friends who play your account to separate their character to a new account, thus providing more income to Mythic through the second subscribed account.

But, its against the euro CoC to share your account, or lend it? So what are they gonna do? Transfer the char for £X then ban both accounts for breach of the CoC? :p
LOL!!!!:clap:

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Time to bring up the request for account splitting..

I fail to see the problem, actually. K.. There is a difference in billing system, no argue there, but do it manually then. For ever account split they will get a new paying customer, how much more value can you get from a person?

I think there is quite some of us, sharing aco***** within family or other stuff that really want this Account split, but I also dont think there will be like thousands of them.. So the extra work should be pretty low imo.

So please, please GOA, let us pay you more money..

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
There are many problems with any account spliting, copying character came a bit later than NF if I remember well anyway. Yet for account spliting, they have problems with distributing the game and offering new accounts, mostly legal problems. They are a telco and not a game publisher, guess why their experience in solving this kind of problems are very limited?

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
There are many problems with any account spliting, copying character came a bit later than NF if I remember well anyway.

Actually no..Account splitting came with 1.69 (or was it 1.68?) so the function with transfering characters are already in game.
The problem according to GOA is that the billing system is different.

Demrog

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see it was well... but in my case it will actually lose GOA money. I want to transfer my 50 shaman off my 2nd account onto my main account and then (possibly) shut the 2nd account down...

I said possibly ;)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It couldn't do that.

The system in the US can move characters from one account to an account which has no characters on any server only.

Darzil

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
will never happen, from what i read US players type an ingame command, then phone customer support to validate the request.

Notice the word phone! NO WAY IN HELL GOA WILL EVER GIVE US A DIRECT WAY TO CONTACT THEM :p

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Jacilja said:
will never happen, from what i read US players type an ingame command, then phone customer support to validate the request.

Notice the word phone! NO WAY IN HELL GOA WILL EVER GIVE US A DIRECT WAY TO CONTACT THEM :p

lol have anyof you tryed asking via right now and seeing if they will even comment on it ?

and to bitch about somthing else the dam "SHIFT" bug is back :<<

santacruz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but any news on when this will happen if ever?

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
<Walks in through the cloud of dust that settled on this thread>

Old? Old!? Ancient!! <coughs> As far as I know, you cannot split your account on the euro-servers at all.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
frogster said:

How about if you have two crafters on one account, a tailor and an armorcrafter. It'd be easier when doing orders to have them on seperate accounts so you can work both simultaneously.
Or if you want to duo with two classes on your account, one as buffbot?

There are tons of options where accountsharing isn't a reason...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well i just want account sharing so i can sell off my ranger and vamp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom