Account question

O

old.Mirandalia

Heya, I'm going away for summer, and will be busy first few weeks at least, can I use the Terminate account to stop paying with creditcard the monthly bill, or will this action completly wipe my characters?

If it does wipe, does anyone know how to suspend it for a certain time (not paying)...

If it doesn't delete them, how long before they are deleted?

S

SilverHood

think its 3 months or so...... just cancel your current subscription, and leave the account open

could always try using RightNow

A

Alrindel

The FAQ says that characters will be saved for six months after your account ends and you can restart it any time.

V

Vell

For many people, their characters were deleted three days after the free 1 month trial period was up, so when they actaully managed to renew their account, they had to start again.

Hopefully, GOA have sorted this now. If it says 6 months on rightnow, I would probably believe this (and be very angry if they get deleted)

edit: thinkinf about it, it may be better to send a question into rightnow - they will respond with the 6 months blah blah thing, then if it does go wrong you can complain with evidence that you asked.

A

Alrindel

The "six months" figure was taken directly from the european RightNow tool.

Go to RightNow.
http://www.camelot-europe.com/en/aide/popfaq.php

Click on "Find Answers".

Search for "cancel account".

Select "How to cancel my subscription?"
How to cancel my subscription?

Question
I want to cancel my subscription to Dark Age of Camelot, how do I do?

Answer
To cancel your subscription, you must go on the official site in the "My account" header (using your account login/password), at least one week before the end of your current subscription.

You just have to check the I don't want to renew my subscription and validate. This will cancel your subscription automatically.

If you want to re-subscribe later, your "My account" section will still be available for 6 months after the end of your subscription (your characters will still be there).

V

Vell

I don't doubt that it says that on Rightnow. All I'm saying is that it hasn't always held true on the past, so it would be best to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom