Account Problems Thanks To GOA

O

old.Kainz

Right, a month before we were told that the 1.48 patch was to arrive at the end of June, I decided to take a break from DAoC altogether. Reason? Goa's patching speed was too slow and I'd be better off just running in front of a bus. I then returned to UO.

So I went to my account screen and hit the Terminate Account button. Just today I was staring at the Daoc icon on my desktop and thought what the hell, I'll patch up just for the hell of it. Patching was taking a while, so I went out for some stuff.

When I got back I found that somehow my account is active, and was able to log in? Goa took out a payment on the 06-04-2002 to 07-03-2002 without even asking me. I hit terminate account for crying out loud and yet towards the end of this month I find that my account has been active all that time while I was away! :(

Anyone got any idea what I can do? Right now I'm seething mad and somewhat pissed.

S

SFXman

Hmm, it said no "current subscription" after termination? Are you sure that when you pressed terminate you didn't have time left and it was still your "before termination payment" that let you in? Sure?

O

old.Kainz

It was quite a while ago. All I can remember is hitting terminate account, and seeing No Current Subscription for the next upcoming month.

S

SFXman

The only explanations are... the current subscription then had just barely started, thus making the illusion of a fuck up, or then... it was one. :)
Really... no other reasons.

D

Deady

Install US Daoc!

And enjoy 1.51 and the PVP server :)

S

SFXman

PvP server sounds like ass from experiences people have posted... bunch of d00dz who camp bind stones etc.

D

Deady

Its bought a sense of excitement into the game.

No more snoring while you pull the same monster over and over for 3 hours.

It may not be "fair", or "nice", but its good old fashioned fun. Sure you get ganked and laughed at when you die, and told that j00 suxxor, but thats all part of the experience imo.

Its not as good as UO was before trammel though.

O

old.Kainz

Give it a few months dead and it'll be full of exploiting sods and greifers abusing gameplay mechanics. Its like CS, make a game too competitive and you attract the most lamest kids and exploiters.
Install UO deadeh!

As for my situation. Its too far back to remember what precisely happened. All I know is I've been charged for a month of daoc when I had no clue about it being active.

O

old.Wicoa

As far as I am concerned if you press that terminate account link button then that should be it.

I suggest if you payed with credit card tell your credit card company about the matter and they will fight for a refund or suggest measures/actions you can take.

Don't forget you have to give GOA some notice I think its 2 weeks or something like that.

I don't think GOA have been that poor with the patching tho, 1.48 came down very nicely, I know a few peeps had some probs but I think its all fixed up.

I think we get one next month too. Not sure on this

Must dash,

Wicoa

O

old.Alliandre

A month till next patch? Along with a rumour I heard that we'll be getting the 1.51 patch next this would make for good news.

I love getting excited over rumours :)

A

Alrindel

All indications are that the next patch will be 1.49 and that GOA are hoping to get it live in July.

D

Deady

Good thing about being a euro'er is that you get the patches later but minus all the known exploits (ok so that can be seen as a bad thing for some people).

S

SFXman

1.51 after 1.49 wouldn't be bad except I dread the day those "already-easily-archer-killing-assassins-who-do-not-need-any-new-skills-like-see-hidden" get the new realm abilities. Especially since see hidden is passive, that is just stupid tbh...

F

Flimgoblin

they realised too late that unrestricted stealth with range is way out there in RvR.

So they put in a restriction - assassins.

Users who are viewing this thread