Account Help Please!

amcmahon

Fledgling Freddie
Hi. I originally subscribed DAoC not long after release, quit after my free month, tried again when Shrouded Isles came out and quit again after a couple of months. I now wish to try again ;) yet my password is apparently invalid. I have also changed my email address so I can't use the 'lost password' link on the GOA website. Does anyone have any clues? I have emailed goa.com but am not sure how long they will take to respond, if at all.

thanks, in advance...

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
should be np to get the account back as long as u have all the cd keys etc and know the details that u wrote in when u created the account but dunno if goa have some kind of problem atm cause i have sent 2 mails recently and havent got an answer on any on em [and no it wasnt the noreply thingy :)]

amcmahon

Fledgling Freddie
you would not believe the trouble I am experiencing with Goa.Com in getting my account reactivated.

If anyone could supply with any email addresses to folks at Goa, I would greatly appreciate it.

The email address that I supplied when I first registered is no longer active so I supplied a new one to them. They now say I have 2 accounts and need to supply another email address for them to add to my first account. I don't have another email address to give to them so we are at a stalemate it seems.

:twak:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
All game and subscription passwords were changed after a hacking incident last August/September which is why your old passowrds are no longer valid. New ones were sent out shortly after this but if you no longer have access to the original registered email address, then I imagine you won't have them any more.
All accounts must be registered to a unique email address. For security reasons, the billing system will not accept email addresses which are already in the database. If you don't have another regular POP mail account to use then you can set up a webmail account with one of any number of providers. As these are inherently less secure than POP mail, I would encourage you to choose a secure password for it, do not choose a secret question and not to keep the password in an unencrypted file.
Depending on your ISP, you may be able to setup multiple mailboxes and therefore have multiple email addresses with your regular POP mail.

amcmahon

Fledgling Freddie
thank you for the reply requiel. If my replies from Goa had been as informative I might be a lot less frustrated than I am now.

I still do not understand why Goa are telling me I have 2 accounts. Have they setup another account solely to deal with this query, hence why they can't change my original account to my new email address? If so, why can't they just merge the two accounts?

amcmahon

Fledgling Freddie
/sigh so i setup another email account to re-register, Goa kindly change the email address on my original account for me and give a link to retreive my details. I retreive my password, resubscribe & pay my money and guess what? The login server tells me that the 'account or password is incorrect'....grrrr....is there a delay or something with their database???

and another problem. I bought a triple pack of DAoC, SI & ToA so my wife can play with me. I register the CD key, enter all my details etc, until I reach a point telling me that an email has been sent with password etc. I never receive the email. Furthermore, using the 'forgotten details' link on the goa page results in the message 'email address not in database'.

I am not having much luck with DAoC. perhaps I should just go back to EQ, never had anything like these problems :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom