account closed

L

lairiodd

Just tried to log on and am getting account closed error message. Having checked my visa online ... it seems they havent automatically billed me this time.

What do you think is the fastest way for me to get back online ?

I have:

a) sent a report to rightnow
b) sent a mail to subscriptions@goa.com

When I look at the account details at camelot-europe it says closed. I was thinking of activating secure payment and retyping my credit card details ... think that would help ? ... my only worry is that that would incur 2-3 days for confirmation of the credit card and would preempt them just pressing a button for my next payment. My other problem is that it is 4:15 so is getting late in the day and think if I am to have any chance of playing today I need them to fix it before they go home for Today.

I was also thinking of sending kemor a mail too, but last time I sent him a mail he told me to send subscription@goa.com

A

Alrindel

When my subscription ran out, I retyped my credit card information, and my account was reactivated about ten minutes later. Admittedly I have a french carte bleu, but any VISA card should be as fast.

O

old.Questor

i was just gonna post here about that! it says acount closed but yet in subscriptions it says this

My current subscription:

None

My next subscription:
1 month - DAoC From: 10-01-2002 To: 10-31-2002 Amount: 6.00

Important notice : You will be automatically billed for the price of this period at the end of your current subscription period. Before this date, you may change your billing plan or terminate your subscription

so according to my next subscription i should be able to play BUT! my current subscription says i dont have a current subscription!? :(

i've also mailed rightnow hope they get back to me soon or get it sorted asap, i'm missing the game already!

I've never had this problem before, i was thinking maybe i've just tried to log on at a bank/billing transfer time and the payment hasn't gone through yet thats all i can think off!:confused: :confused:

Questor

F

Flimgoblin

if the account page is working then it'll happen instantly :)

visa transactions online are instant - as are switch/solo/etc...

O

old.Questor

gah couldnt be arsed waiting so i just signed up for 6months and its working now! :clap: :clap:

heres my VISA info

number **** **** **** ****

Account name * *****

enjoy some free gaming on me! :cool: :eek: :cool:

L

lairiodd

Same here tried reentering my credit card details and its working now. (only for 1 month in my case :) )

Thanks for the advise, thought credit cards had to be manually checked the first time they are used.

O

old.KW

I was billed on Aug27 even tho my last sub ran out on Aug07, I didnt renew, so how come im being charge yet cant log in :m00:

A

arrithus

I had that this morning too. They normally take the money and tell me they are doing so. This time they decided not to take the money and not to tell me it was due.

I can't log in as I lost my password when I reinstalled. Right Now haven't got back to me with the password which is a bit boring :(

L

legot

my accounts done the same,i thibk it'll work tomorrow so i'm not going to bother retyping anything

D

Damini

This problem happens time and time again. Its so silly. GOA really need to slap some people's bottoms.

Hereby ends Damini's helpful advice.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Gee... one should really think that GOA was able to sort out the payment problems after eight months...
Not one week without a post about closed accounts.............:flame:

A

arrithus

Do you think it will sort itself out or will I have to wait for Right Now to send me my password? so I can log in and resubmit?

A

arrithus

Well Right now have sent me my subscription password. I was quite suprised to find it pop up at 7:30 BST

They also explained that my account had been closed because they hard technical problems which they apologised for.

Only problem is that the subscription page isn't working.

So near and yet so far :)

D

Damini

I'm debating whether to set up a poll to see how many people have had problems with their account in the past. Could be interesting...

A

arrithus

Well in all fairness to GOA this was my fault too.

I receintly replaced my card and that changed the exp date, hence it didn't work. I lost my account password too.

If they had sent me notification that my card no longer worked I would have paid.

I tried the login page on another computer in my house and it worked. My main PC is running through a proxy and they have a tendancy to remember things, especialy when php is using the same name for a page which is really a different page due to the previous information used.

I've had this problem in a site I've made so I know that it is hard to discover and tricky to solve.

I can't really blame them for this.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by sickofit...
Gee... one should really think that GOA was able to sort out the payment problems after eight months...
Not one week without a post about closed accounts.............:flame:

I think they fooked some accounts up - and stopped the payments on them because of it...

as far as I know it's now fixed when you resubscribe....

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by arrithus
Well Right now have sent me my subscription password. I was quite suprised to find it pop up at 7:30 BST

They also explained that my account had been closed because they hard technical problems which they apologised for.

Only problem is that the subscription page isn't working.

So near and yet so far :)

the subscription page goes to the pub on friday nights I tell you...

K

Keri

Originally posted by Damini
I'm debating whether to set up a poll to see how many people have had problems with their account in the past. Could be interesting...

I think you should ... after all, Kemor and Zargar like concrete information to pass on to "those who need bottom-spanking". :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Keri

I think you should ... after all, Kemor and Zargar like concrete information to pass on to "those who need bottom-spanking". :p

.......mmmmh bottom-spanking... :eek6: Uhm.. I mean - pie!!

M

melander

eek. when r they gonna fix the payment-system ;/
no daoc on a whole day! ;(

S

Sionell

I had this problem today too :mad:

I resubmitted my credit card details and its working again now...:clap: :clap:

One thing i noticed when i went back to my account on the subscription page was that it showed my next subscription as being none...when i scrolled down i saw a validate button so, being very brave, i clicked it and it changed my next subscription to 11/01/02-12/01/02...i hope this means that next month my card will automatically be debited <raises hands in mini prayer that this happens>

i dont know if that was why the automatic billing didnt take place or if it helps any of you at all but i thought i'd mention it anyway. :D

:m00: :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom