Account Been Hacked

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Ok a few weeks ago i set up a guild on Pryd/Mid and it was going ok till we staring putting stuff in the guild house.

I put a Vault in there for people to share stuff and why my back is turned the Vault goes missing.

Now there was 3 of us who had access to take it, and i thought that maybe they had picked it up by mistake, and after that i insisted that only i have access to have control the whole thing, and dropped them to lower rank.

So anyways last wednesday which was 9th June 2004, i had 2 rare scrolls go missing from the Mechant, and there were other scrolls in there so why just the 2 that were worth anything?

That says to me that it was no bug.

I quickly changed my password.

Is there any chance i can get this sorted with Mythic or with anyone who takes my money for the game service?

Thing is, is that i aint paying money out for a service thats gets hacked, or the the items i work hard for , and pay money each month for, to get stolen somehow.

Is there logs what have logged my IP with my account, as that would help, as if someone else as logged in with my account that would show it up.

If someone can help me in the right direction that would be cool.

Thanks

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sure your house permissions are set up properly? Sounds more like that's the problem - if stuff goes missing from on your character then it could be an account hacking (though usually you end up with no gear and no characters after that)

little brother nicking equipment? :)

have you found yourself unable to login due to "account logged in" (other than just after a crash to desktop that is)

If anything's been hacked it's not the service - it'll be your passwords (do you store them in an email inbox? or on hotmail? or somewhere on your computer?) due to some trojan or somewhat on your machine.

That or if you've been buying accounts...

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similair thing happen to us, rights in the guild house set for all guildies, access to vaults set the same, had a new guy join us & he nicked the lot including spare merchants for various crafters which we kept in the vaults.

We did get some info back via rightnow & some info via the E&E team but if you have set permissions wrong its down to you. I say this because i feel it is a permission problem because people who get hacked dont lose 2 scrolls they lose em all along with everything else.

Hope you get the issue solved tho dude, thievery sucks in my opinion.

ps.
Also with the scrolls are you sure you set the price right ? (i /blush when i confess to dropping the price of an uber shield from 6p to 4g by mistake).

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
After the vault went missing no one had permissions but me, so i just sit here scratching my head.

Who do i get intouch with to resolve this matter?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
RightNow.
Go to www.camelot-europe.com and choose Help from the left hand bar then Customer Support. Log into RightNow using your GAME login and password then you need to look at any FAQ. Once you've done that you can submit your own new question.
We can then investigate it properly.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Stealing merchants from a vault is pointless. The items aren't stored on the merchant but on the house. Same with the vaults themselves, they're useless.

Buy/get a new merchant/vault, drop it in place, and hey presto, there's your items again.

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
RightNow.
Go to www.camelot-europe.com and choose Help from the left hand bar then Customer Support. Log into RightNow using your GAME login and password then you need to look at any FAQ. Once you've done that you can submit your own new question.
We can then investigate it properly.

I tried to login but its said my password is incorrect. * shrugs *

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Starwind said:

Then try the right password.

Use your game password to get into rightnow, thats the official way to get answers, these forums arn't official in any way. Iim sure the in game logs can prove what really happened. Also not that Mythic run the USA servers, its GOA that run the european ones, additionaly check your PC's security, your password should only be known to you - do you have any antivirus software or a firewall ? If your account was hacked its extreamly unlikely that the info came from the server end, more like something on your PC

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Stealing merchants from a vault is pointless. The items aren't stored on the merchant but on the house. Same with the vaults themselves, they're useless.

Buy/get a new merchant/vault, drop it in place, and hey presto, there's your items again.

They're valuable when sold back (if you didnt' originally buy them yourselves.. I think they sell for 75% of the buying price).

living

Fledgling Freddie
Starwind said:

Yea mine keep saying that too and im pretty sure my game password is correct when i can play with it.. Just another GOA Fuckup :>

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
I requested it to send my password by mail and its seems that it has sent me my old password, which its not good, as ive had a new game password almost a week now. * still shruggin *

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If you have more than one account registered to the same email address, you will only have one RightNow account. In that case try logging in with your other account details.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
If you have more than one account registered to the same email address, you will only have one RightNow account
Ah, that explains alot :) Shame that was never explained when I asked via RightNow a few months back.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
This have happened in many ways. Firstly hacked email. Not that tricky to do, especially if you use hotmail or similar service.

Ather techniques used are straightforward hacks of local pc across the internet, or trojan's in the pc with keystroke loggers (had one myself a few months ago and had to reinstall the system.)
I suspect for a lot of the people the most common one is sharing accounts. Maybe not in this case, but I know of a lot of people who "borrow" friends accounts for crafting, pling or for bots. It's against the CoC but lots of people do it. I've been asked a couple of times for in game friends to borrow my accounts and everytime I've refused. I just don't trust anyone enough for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom