FH news Accessing FreddysHouse from mobile devices

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have today installed ForumRunner support at FreddysHouse. At this point it it not listed in the public directory so you need to search for "FreddysHouse" inside the app.

From the ForumRunner website:

Currently, Forum Runner supports the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad as well as Android OS devices.
Please give it a go and report any feedback in this thread.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I notice xenforo is in beta testing, is this likely to be fully supported in future? Not the most expensive app, but as there is a charge, would like to know before buying.

Thanks for listening :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The XF plugin is available now and I will be downloading it and installing onto the test forums at some point this week.

This product, imho, is far superior to Tapatalk and will be staying as long as it does not interfere with the operation of the website. I will be purchasing the app (at £1.19) to do some further testing.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Testing a reply from within the app along with an image from my camera roll...

Attachments

• image-453016666.jpg
    image-453016666.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Is it worth the £1.24 asking price? (Scottish)
Well designed mobile sites are a pleasure to use, like reddit or the Guardian's site.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I too would prefer a mobile theme from the get go but the problem is that VB does not have a really great one, mobility needs to be thought as part of the design of the software and not "bolted" on as an afterthought years later.

XF has this in mind but the developers have not released a working theme as of today but a developer has started designing a theme which looks amazing on a mobile.

The biggest difference between an app and a theme is that you get push notification support, something which a theme can never support properly.

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
Finally paid for it, looking good, if a little bland atm. Freddy is now mobile :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got it running on Console Forums for those who want to check out a Xenforo version (I can't see anywhere to stick in the url or the login details for the testforums in the app as they all appear to need submission).

I have to say that it is actually really good. I like that it keeps the little touches like taking you to the newest post on a thread. The only thing I don't like at the moment it there's no list of just your updated threads. You only get a "subscriptions" view which can sometimes show older out of date threads mixed in.

Oh and it sucks at handling long threads from what I've seen, the "Random spam" thread just won't load at the moment :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
PS: Logo ffs!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got it running on Console Forums for those who want to check out a Xenforo version (I can't see anywhere to stick in the url or the login details for the testforums in the app as they all appear to need submission).

I have to say that it is actually really good. I like that it keeps the little touches like taking you to the newest post on a thread. The only thing I don't like at the moment it there's no list of just your updated threads. You only get a "subscriptions" view which can sometimes show older out of date threads mixed in.

Oh and it sucks at handling long threads from what I've seen, the "Random spam" thread just won't load at the moment :(

Random spam thread loads here properly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Rob's got an ancient iphone and he's on a dinosaur of a network, that's probably got more to do with it ;p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, I am using a 3GS. Must say the more I use this app the more I like it. Will have a play with the XF version at some point (on the test forums).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Will it work on my Nokia 101?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, no :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Will it work on my Nokia 101?
Maybe if you can read binary.

Also heard a lot of people are having problems with downloading this app atm and still being charged, think I'll wait a lil bit.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs said:
Hehe, I am using a 3GS. Must say the more I use this app the more I like it. Will have a play with the XF version at some point (on the test forums).
So Chet just called your phone crap by proxy :p

Also, ads for subscribers = gay :eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
MYstIC G said:
So Chet just called your phone crap by proxy :p

Also, ads for subscribers = gay :eek:

Hehe. As for ads I'm still playing and will tweak to not show them for subs. Sheesh.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs said:
Hehe. As for ads I'm still playing and will tweak to not show them for subs. Sheesh.
Tweak faster man, this is teh intarwebs!!!! ;)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Laddey

FH is my second home
I havnt read the whole thread but I'm willing to pay a few quid if there's a blackberry app for freddyshouse chaps. FH is a great time killer when I'm doing sweet FA

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
is one in the pipeline for the windows 7 htc app market :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
is one in the pipeline for the windows 7 htc app market :)

At this point in time they only support SmartPhones.... :p

Not sure I will find out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom