AC2 open beta

O

old.Krusha

I know its been filled .. but did anyone of you got in?

I got account and 5 min later when i reloaded the dl screen from fileplanet it said 'FULL' .. was i lucky or what :D.

Speak up ;).

P

Psy|:m00:

Tried dl'ing it twice, cut me off both times, a dl manager didn't seem to work either so cba trying again, unless someone will dcc resume it for meh from 404 mb... :D

I

ImLestat

I got in, having problems with running the damn thing though. It freezes on me constantly.. :/

N

nicky-nook

I have an account but having probs getting in...Puter might be to slow but new one will be here next week so ill keep account untill then..

Looks like a Cool game though that i think already ill play.

S

SFXman

FilePlanet is biggest load of BS out of just about all download sites. It is so freaking annoying especially when it hogs new downloads first and that kind of crap...
if it wasn't for that, I could maybe even try AC2.

K

Khalen

I got it but I'm still busy downloading the patches (60 Mb sigh) and it goes with speeds of 0 to 4 kb/s :(

M

Midgardian

Got in, downloaded it on Friday afternoon, Patched it...took a while...Then Logged in...Played it most of Friday, Graphics are very Good, Skill system takes a bit of getting used to, Movement of your avatar is a bit odd, but overall quiet impressed.

Havn't done much exploring yet, except wandering down one mine and then getting completly lost.

Having played DAoC for at least 6 months, this was quite a refreshing change.

Will keep this updated as I find out more

L

-Lonewolf-

Er is there an answer to my question in there or did I miss it?

E

Eliz

Its too late to get in now. I got in this weekend and my experience so far is similar to Midgardian's. Think it has some potential.

L

-Lonewolf-

Is it still possible to get the game and get an account I am assuming no but can someone spell it out for a slow witted person

M

Midgardian

I Think The Beta is Now CLOSED. I might be wrong, but having read many posts on many Forums, it would appear that this is now the case.

They will probably re-open again in a couple of weeks, once they have ironed out some of the in-game issues. Thats normally the case with any Beta.

Cheers

1234Taz

Ive had closed beta account for a while and I wouldnt waste your time tbh, AC2 screams I A CONSOLE GAME!!(Its been ported to xbox iirc).

M

Midgardian

Of course its being ported to Xbox, its Microsoft. Their entire current line up of games have X-Box equivalents.

It would be suicide for M-Soft to bring out games for PC and not support their own Console.

If the gameplay is good, which it should be, the Graphics are looking very very good, and they iron out the movement issues that alot of people have already mentioned, and over time they smooth out the game...who cares what Platform it plays on.

My only thought here, is that in order to bring out a MMORPG on a Console, and then mantain it the same as you would if it was running on the PC, you would need to Patch it on a regular basis, and therefore, unlike most if not all Console games, it would need to be installed...Not too sure if that would work to well, only time will tell.

X

Xtro

Been playing it today (it IS closed btw).

Walking around bored looking at the drab empty world with minimal player interaction...just like AC1 imo.

If I want a game like that I'd just go to work ffs ;)

L

-Lonewolf-

I know this may sound very cheeky but if anyone has a account that they really don't care to play anymore I would really like to at least have a go of it

If anyone is generous enough just PM me the details or e-mail me at simonperezuk@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks alot guys and gals for the information

V

Venemous

Personally I thought AC1 was awesome for its time, much more social than daoc... You could actually do stuff with people who werent within 5 levels of you.... Even Powerleveling people was fun on that game...And they had an events team who actually done stuff.... shame to hear that people dont like AC2? is there anyone out there who likes it?

As for the "Its a console game, get me out of here" syndrome... you do know that Star Wars Galaxies is coming out on the PS2......

M

Midgardian

I thought i had actually Said it was Good. My only Bad Comment was that the Avatar looked a bit off when he walked/ran, but then I'm used to playing DAoC.

I personally can't wait for it to go 'Gold' as they say.

M

Midgardian

Taken from SWG FAQ

1.08 Will Star Wars Galaxies be a PC only game?

This site deals with the PC version of the product (entitled “An Empire Divided”). LucasArts Entertainment Company has also announced that different versions of the game will be release on the X-Box and the PlayStation 2. Other platforms have not been announced or ruled out as of yet.

Finally, I have found a good use for my X-Box

T

tripitaka

I got Ac2 Beta

And its seems fine thru broadband even when connecting to the U.S - although i do get one or two lag spikes every ten mins or so.

And a lot of the items don't have proper descriptions yet.

Apart from that - its not bad - but def not as good as Camelot.

S

Sharma

didnt get in but im on alert for when theres a space.

Hehe guess what ill be...

K

Khalen

Well finally got the chance to try it and it isn't really wat I expected.. I think it could be even played on a console if they converted it...

N

nicky-nook

AC 1 Was a Very good game anyone that says it was not just never gave it a chance..

As like Khalen i just got in and TBH it looks good feels nice and really has alot to offer i think the P v P Areas will be nice maybe not as mad as DAoC but after 1 year playing a game that TBH has not much more to Offer than Nerf Fixes or being Nerfed from one Realm to the next ( also waiting for Slow Patching , Why o Why did i leave the USA Version ;) ) I can Honestly say i cant wait for AC 2 .....

Dunegon, Drudges and loads and loads of new places to explore without having to bust yours balls trying to get an 8 Person XP Group or and 8 Person Guild or any R vR Group Just to R v R for as long as you can to get RA that TBH just mean that the Person with the most Realm Points ( ALA the person with the most time to play the game ) Can Stroke around killing anyone 1 v 1 ..Its not my Idea of a well a Good Fair game..

Bring on AC 2
Bring on Shadowbane
Bring on SWG

Because once these games go onto the market DAoC will have a Hard Time of it ( and SI will need to be Awsome and i Doubt that. ) also the Expansion Pack will be more Eye Candy same game more of the same thats it ...

Ill play them all and see what i like best but will and am playing Earth & Beyond untill AC 2 Comes out and then ill be onto that unless E&B is rather good :D...

Reagrds Nicky.

X

Xtro

no offence as you are far from being the only person to do it but Why Do people seem to Randomly put Capital Letters in their Posts?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Xtro
no offence as you are far from being the only person to do it but Why Do people seem to Randomly put Capital Letters in their Posts?

A good question, Watson...

because it's annoying perhaps?
*waits to get jumped by Klavrynd for being intolerant...*

K

klavrynd

i'll let you get away with this for this one time...

O

old.Biffsmash

I am in the AC2 beta and I agree with one of the posts further up, got bored wondering around an empty landscape, with lots of nice looking broken down cottages you cant go in, and fighting hundreds of annoying as hell Rat people :/

Maybe the full game will be better, but personally, it confuses me, and the Diablo 2 style character building puts me off.

Could be good game, Graphics are exellent, and its fun to watch people standing around in town playing music, but from my small brush with it so far(maybe 2-3 hours) I aint too impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom