Abuse

O

old.job

Is it against the rules for Mentalists to use their pets to pull their own realm guards and then farm money and xp off them?

Presume the xp isn't that great but the cash can soon pile up as they just keep popping up for more.

T

tris-

well, depends if mentalists were intended to do that :) if some class is not intended do something and they do it, then its abuse i thought. guards drop about 70+ silver each i think

A

Archeon

Maybe, but i doubt anyone would bother to report it ;)

H

Harhr

First of all, how to pull and kill own real guards?

X

Xeanor

alb minstrel can do the same

see it a lot at ft. gwyntell when people are waiting for sidi raid

T

The Kingpin

Ah, mythic stupid pulse charm system strikes again...

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think its probably only considered abuse if it is used to interfere with another player's activities within the game for example preventing them getting to a merchant. I seem to remember Mythic stating this at some point.

Might have it wrong though :)

O

old.Biohazard

How would you attack your own realmguards?

F

Flesh

Get your realm/guild to upgrade a keep to lvl 10, and see if you could farm the named guards that drop uber RoG's etc without getting adds.
That would be stlong bug abuse skills fyi.

O

old.Biohazard

Originally posted by Flesh
Get your realm/guild to upgrade a keep to lvl 10, and see if you could farm the named guards that drop uber RoG's etc without getting adds.
That would be stlong bug abuse skills fyi.

How the fuck are you supposed to attack your realm/guild's guards. You can't attack guards of your own realm.

O

old.job

A mentalist just releases his charmed pet, the guards attack then you re-charm it, they continue to aggro it and give xp and cash as they die, if you charm a high lvl mob and have 2 druids healing you can farm all night.

U

uberstein

It's a cool idea though I am sure Mythic would disapprove of it. Even if they do though they can't really ban you or anything, you break no rules. They get narky about BoneDancers leaving pets on Agro mode in a field of blue mobs to xp whilst they sleep but they aren't breaking any rules doing this unless they're stupid and steal other people mobs unawares.

P

Purefun

L

liste

According to GOA, this is considered bug abuse, no matter if it interferes with other people's game or not

C

cHodAX

How about using it to kill buffbots in the portal keeps? Charm and confuse are a great combo for killing grey con buffbots :)

E

etaew

omg those minstrel pics rock.. btw you cannot kill realm guards.. as they do not attack mobs.. you can only attack normal guards as they do attack mobs.. u just relesae ur pet.. then recharm it.. then the guard comes to attack it and the pet kills it.. i wana know how to charm / stealth .. that is uber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom