About ToA

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Is ToA absolutely necessary with all its artifact leveling and ML crap in order to compete in RvR nowadays in DAoC?

Thinking about coming back but I really wouldn't want to be stuck in the ML / artifact grind :(

Thoughts?

x

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Not directly needed with the artifacts and MLs, but it gives you a higher edge. My warrior can still comptete with old SI suit, but i have started to do Mls and lvl artifacts.

Warlord is pretty nice for both pve and rvr. And you can use artifacts for pve too :-P
Alas..in the end im afraid its needed with the MLs and artifacts, since Mids run the leetism..so they shun people with no artifacts >_<

TaF

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely neccessary if you are planning to do anything seriously.

Difference between well ToA-d and same non ToA-d char is kinda huge imo (cast speed, range, damage, HP + all the ML abilities, etc, u name it) :x

edit/
PS. I also had a break, a 4 month one, made a brand new char on new acc, can't say ToA is too boring, lots of catching up but it's ok :p. Considering it takes 4 days to lvl 50 with 7-ish hour a day PL max then ToA kinda compensates it now timewise .. not in good sense that is :p

Kainz

Fledgling Freddie
Not needed yet, but will be needed in future. It's half the reason why I'm leaving when my subs expires next month. Pretty pathetic really :/ ToA just doesn't give casual gamers a chance.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Ooh come back hun! :) Ml's are a pain, but artifacts arent all that bad really!

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Kainz said:
Not needed yet, but will be needed in future. It's half the reason why I'm leaving when my subs expires next month. Pretty pathetic really :/ ToA just doesn't give casual gamers a chance.

Its very true that TOA has made the gab between the casual players and hardcore players very huge, althoug it is my belif that Mythic is very aware of this, as a massive amount of players have canceled their supscription on Daoc. Im sure in a very near future somthing will be done to even out the ballance, or the game will eventually end up with only a few players left.

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
My advice is that you should not come back to DAoC if you aren't sure about the ToA stuff.

Some says ToA killed the game, some says it made it better.

In my oppinion(sp) MLs and artifacts are nice and o.k as such. But then again, Mythic should have re-thought the concept and made it just a BIT easier than it is. Guess no player, even if they're PvE minded, find the joy in standing at the same place day in and day out looking for a arti-mob to spawn.

Take this as whine or not, don't really care to be honest. This is just the way I see ToA.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
ML's arent that high priority if you gonna play your sm lumi, but you cant escape the artys :(

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Lumi :cheers:

Yes, if you want to get into one of the RvR-guilds you'll need to get an arty or two, and maybe some MLs. For an SM you can still get randomgroups anyway, and I think any char of yours will always be welcome in the ranks of Nazgul ;)

Hope you decide to get back soon milady, lots of fun stuff happening with this game atm.

Kind regards

Hrogar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom