Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Other? If so which?

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

Furnus

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking about starting wow, horde prob. Im kinda lookin into either warrior or druid, but i don't really know which? could anyone tell me abit about the chars and like whats needed most, what pve's and pvp's best? in other words, help!

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Be prepared to get bored very quickly once you reach lv 60 unless you make loads of friends and/or end up in a decent guild.

Warriors are always needed but also may be too numerous for you to group all the time. It's great fun playing a warrior but also quite a challenge as generally speaking if they die, the group will wipe.

Mages are the damage dealers. Druids are a strange mix or healing, magic and melee. Good for soloing but rather unimportant in groups.

Rogues are sneaky fuckers and everyone hates them. Don't be a rogue.
Ditto for paladins (but that's alliance side only).

Priests are always needed but they can be difficult to play as a solo class unless you know what you're doing.

Shamens are pretty good all round characters. Healing/melee class.

Warlocks and hunters are pet classes. They're surprisingly similar tbh but can be played in very different ways.

Erm, I think that's it.

If you've got no friends you're meeting up with in game, keep an eye on wow-europe.com for new realms opening up since everyone will have to start from level 1 you'll find plenty of people to group with.

Furnus

Fledgling Freddie
i was planing to grp with my friend who's starting a shaman.. on some server called silvermoon? ( still downloading patch ) is there a good way to spec a warrior? i was thinking tauren since there big as fuck :D

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
You won't be able to play on Silvermoon since it's at capacity and only people who have current characters on that realm can create new ones. You'll need to try and pursuade your mate to start on another realm if you want to play together.

Rage/fury is a good start for a warrior untill you get up to about 50+. You might want to respec to Prot then. Bare in mind what kit you might need for tanking after 50+. Stock up your best +def gear that drops also any +resist gear is good for certain instances and mobs.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
This poll is missing a "better game" option. Please fix.

Gray

FH is my second home
Have a warrior, its pretty awesome PvE side of things, generally you need luck in PvP though against several other classes.

Started a druid off, 46 at the moment and its great fun, going for full out Heal-a-Druid once i hit level 50 - but its great fun, enjoy it loads [Still sucks at PvP tho...]

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Play a paladin or a warlock because they get free horsies at level 40! I'm never going to be able to afford one on my hunter. I'm having to decide whether to pawn my Gryphonwing bow for loads of cash or continue to save it until I am 50. Sadly, that is a no brainer...

Damn you blizzard!! Make horsies cheaper!!!!!!!!!1111etc

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Play a paladin or a warlock because they get free horsies at level 40! I'm never going to be able to afford one on my hunter. I'm having to decide whether to pawn my Gryphonwing bow for loads of cash or continue to save it until I am 50. Sadly, that is a no brainer...

Damn you blizzard!! Make horsies cheaper!!!!!!!!!1111etc
When I moved server and started all over again I made the decision not to do any crafting as it had been a total waste of time and cash for me originally.

Simply take up two gathering professions (skinning + herbology for example) and earn yourself a fortune. Use that money to buy your horse and anything you may have crafted yourself previously. This way you also save hours crafting and can spend more time levelling.

I equipped my Hunter with blue weapons all the way from 20-60, had my mount at 40 and have 200g at 60 despite having never yet been in an instance.

I'm not boasting, I'm just saying how you can earn money *and* save yourself time.

[edit: I will add to this that I always tip generously to crafters because I genuinely do appreciate their time.]

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I've done this to a certain extent (skinning ~240) but for some reason the leather market is a funny ol' business on my server. Where heavy leather used to sell at 1g50s a pop now you'd be lucky to sell anything. I can't even shift any of my nice weapon drops. I just have to wait till the leather crafters stop being tight bastards and start coffing up the G's again. :)

... I've also taken up mining but I'm not looking forward to grinding all the way again. Brr...

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Mazling said:
This poll is missing a "better game" option. Please fix.
such a game doesn't exist yet, so the poll is OK ... just missing Priest as option :twak:

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
WPKenny said:
Druids are a strange mix or healing, magic and melee. Good for soloing but rather unimportant in groups.

Unimportant? I don't think so :-P
They might not be needed near as much in 5man grps these days, but they are certainly needed for the higher instances.
They are excellent healers when Restro specced, although it gimps their soloing advantages, but this will change with 1.11 as all Druids will get Innervate then.

Going a 0/30/21 spec then will become quite fotm. Besides that, druids are nice for the Innervate, they can tank pretty ok if they have the equipment and skill when everything gets chaotic.

Druid is just overall a bit tougher to play, if you want to keep the hybrid to the limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom