About time the english website was updated don`t you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurithegreat

Banned
This is beyond a joke now
6 days since we had the last update via GoA`s site
Yet the french had an update about Carnac on the 29th (yesterday)

New players coming to Prydwen are not getting any info on what the server status is

It`s about time GOA pulled their finger out and give an update on their site
It`s ok saying theres posts here but how can someone who doesn`t know about this site find out about this info??
Theres not even a link on the site pointing them here
So explain how they get the info??
Maybe put a link on the post on their site to this forum?

Something needs to be done
Even if not for this problem GOA needs to give it`s customers frequent updates

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
yurithegreat said:

New players coming to Prydwen are not getting any info on what the server status is

It`s ok saying theres posts here but how can someone who doesn`t know about this site find out about this info??

Amen to that!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
yurithegreat said:

Are you reading a different news page?
When I was at school, 26th to the 30th wasn't 6 days. Since the server went down on Wednesday, there's been news about it every single working day except yesterday. You aren't likely to get news in the mornings either as we can't tell you much until Mythic get into their office at 3pm our time.

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
As much as I'm sure we all can appreciate how difficult this must be for you, Requiel, and the people working on the problem... You cant really defend this, since it is a huge debacle. And its not exactly the first time GoA have been accused of not keeping thier customers informed.

Like most whine, there is at least some justification.

Most ISP's have status pages where forum thread like posts are made on open (major) issues. Something similar called for perhaps?

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
so it all depends on how much Mythic cares ? great :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
imo any kid (yes its mainly kids) who whines "mummy the bad man wont tell me why i cant play my game" or "goa sucks tbh imho iirc no updates 1111!!!" should be perma banned.

not everything is black and white, people like requiel cant say "yeah theres a problem with <insert fancy word> causing a cross over in <blah blah>" cause he may not have 100% solid evidence, everything may point towards tha tbut he (from my understanding) can only tell us certain things.

you've seen those films where the maffia say "its on a need to know basis, and you dont need to know!".

they are working on this, who cares if they update us once a week or once a day, as long as they are fixing the issue......yep they're probably fixing it.

vaadeskud

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Are you reading a different news page?
When I was at school, 26th to the 30th wasn't 6 days. Since the server went down on Wednesday, there's been news about it every single working day except yesterday. You aren't likely to get news in the mornings either as we can't tell you much until Mythic get into their office at 3pm our time.

okey nice the removing the server complet and dont think is importen to tell ppl. about it nice work.

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
maybe you've missed it, but this thread is about the lack of information on GOAs homepage. There's neither a link to Freddyshouse nor any info about the removal of Prydwen from the server list on it.

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
yurithegreat said:
i think ur being a little infair with this comment.. it has been stated by Xalin why the main Goa web site hasnt been updated.. as there has been nothing 100% sure to report and Goa will not post anything on there main web site unless it is 100%,, i also think that Xalin has done all he can do to keep us informed via FH forum.. I appreciate that ur gettin pissed off a bit but there doing all they can and as certain areas of the coding can only be accessed by Mythic and Goa have no authority to change the main coding of the game and this problem amoung many others may just be of that area then its a case of waiting until Mythic as stated get into work which is as stated 3pm our time.. were all in the same boat atm so be patient and back off a little theyve got enough on there plate atm without adding to it..
were all paying customers including the gm's as they do play as well ya know..
Xalin has also stated that free days to compensate players may be incoming so let them get on with getting the server up and running and address other things when the time is right..
Patient is a virtue

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:

The thing is that they should mention that on the website itself and not only on an inofficial daoc community forum as they call it so nicely on their website. Truth of the matter is that 6 days ago the problems started and up till now we haven't had a decent description on the problem besides a corruption of the database. You can hardly blame people for getting aggitated then.........

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
I think people are complaining because there are no news at the official web page.

It is good thing that there has been several posts here in FH.

One of the GM's explained in one of those posts why they can not write news on official page. Can't blame GM's but sure can blame GOA.

Remember that not all read these forums and like forum admins have said they can kick anybody out of here if they want. Community shouldn't be dependable on a totally unofficial site for getting important news.

Thumbs up for GM's and thumbs down for GOA.

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Norcott said:
i think ur being a little infair with this comment.. it has been stated by Xalin why the main Goa web site hasnt been updated.. as there has been nothing 100% sure to report and Goa will not post anything on there main web site unless it is 100%,, i also think that Xalin has done all he can do to keep us informed via FH forum.. I appreciate that ur gettin pissed off a bit but there doing all they can and as certain areas of the coding can only be accessed by Mythic and Goa have no authority to change the main coding of the game and this problem amoung many others may just be of that area then its a case of waiting until Mythic as stated get into work which is as stated 3pm our time.. were all in the same boat atm so be patient and back off a little theyve got enough on there plate atm without adding to it..
were all paying customers including the gm's as they do play as well ya know..
Xalin has also stated that free days to compensate players may be incoming so let them get on with getting the server up and running and address other things when the time is right..
Patient is a virtue

I bare to differ; they took prydwen out of the serverlist. Imagine you are a new player who isn't familiar with this forum and all of a sudden the server disappears from the list on the official website. I think it's not more than fair that they mention at least that on the website.

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
they are working on this, who cares if they update us once a week or once a day, as long as they are fixing the issue......yep they're probably fixing it.

There is a big difference between putting in alot of effort, and being seen to be putting in alot of effort.

As I said before, not exactly the first time there has been a problem with little/no information being given out to customers. Perhaps thats where the whole attitude towards goa comes from...? ;)

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Qbic said:
The thing is that they should mention that on the website itself and not only on an inofficial daoc community forum as they call it so nicely on their website. Truth of the matter is that 6 days ago the problems started and up till now we haven't had a decent description on the problem besides a corruption of the database. You can hardly blame people for getting aggitated then.........

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

I understand where ya coming from.. im a prydwen player too and yes it is annoying.. but lets be honest here most people whom play daoc have access to either here or prydwen.net as a forum.. and if not it doesnt take a mastermind to look around the main goa webby to find the LINKS section and there you will find a link to FH.. I admit it doesnt point you there for updates but most people know FH or know somebody who knows where to look..

vaadeskud

Fledgling Freddie
yes the GM hav handel the ting nice Thx: to them but GOA suks in this matter

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
About the only valid point made in any of these posts regarding Prydwen is GOA's working attitude/hours. But this time, it seems they can be excused that (possibly) as they were waiting on Mythic input. Although, I must state that I find it very difficult to believe, that after 3 years there are no system/server software experts within the GOA team.

Anyone who has worked in France or with French companies knows that 'in general' they show terrible levels of commitment to a project. Most of this stems from their working week practices of 35-37 hours and their very strong unions. Trying to get them to work outside the norm is very costly to the company and difficult to enforce. They will never change which is why I'm praying that Mythic goes elsewhere with Warhammer.

/rant off

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Norcott said:
http://daoc.goa.com/en/

I understand where ya coming from.. im a prydwen player too and yes it is annoying.. but lets be honest here most people whom play daoc have access to either here or prydwen.net as a forum.. and if not it doesnt take a mastermind to look around the main goa webby to find the LINKS section and there you will find a link to FH.. I admit it doesnt point you there for updates but most people know FH or know somebody who knows where to look..

Even though you got a good point this forum isn't official. And perhaps there are few new to be customers I am sure they doesn't know what FH is.
GOA is a company in the real world with real customers. The way they are acting now is more like a bunch a collage buys who has made a little program in Visual Basic and are trying to share it to the world via forums.

Even though GOA hasn't been able to find/fix the problem they should atleast try update once per day how the work progress. I know that there are work in progress so why not update it?

"We tried today to reinstall the databaseserver att import the backupdatabase but we were unable to..bla bla bla...."

They don't even have to give promises... they just need to share their
information.

/Labbe

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
I really do hate to bring wow/blizzard into this, but it has to be said... thier customer focus is untouchable.

Dunno how many of you played wow, especially on one of the problem pvp servers in the early days of the game. There was a huge lag/crash problem. Truth be told, for several weeks on a handfull of servers.. the game wasnt even worth playing. But customers were comforted by the fact that there was so much information available during downtime. Server restarts/crashes/maintenance could all be found quickly here, even when its just something and nothing.. they still made it a policy to tell people.

They kept open discussion threads about known issues, so that people could post information/reports and feel as though they were aiding the investigations.

The update threads on the lag issue specifically was a sticky in the EU forums for quite some time, with daily updates about what had been done/looked into and what blizzard were doing to resolve the issue.

Weekly maintenance is done from 4am-11am.. they actually go into work at silly times in the morning to do patches/restarts/etc, rather than have thier servers down for a whole day. I dare say, they even do work at weekends. We had a server restart at 1am on a sunday morning once.

Now sure, problems are problems, they happen to every online game. But the difference is obvious to even the casual observer. Blizzard just do more to support thier customer base, instead of thier GM's posting flippant remarks at community members (rightfully) complaining about the loss of a server which they pay to have the use of. (Sorry Requiel, nothing personal.. just dont agree with lack of understanding)

Maybe some day, goa will realise they have alot left to be desired in this area.

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
/em is disgusted by the whole attitude / customer service / <maybe this maybe that> info from goa tbh.....

xalin, ty for your updates, and thank the GM's for their contribution....

but tbh guys, look for another job at another company....

goa's respectability is hitting rock bottom fast imho.....

/hugs gm's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom