About the crash to desktop problems

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Clicky

We thank the people that sent us their dxdiags and errorlogs and have put an updated game.dll on the patcher. When you connect to the game it will patch automagicly. This should fix the crash to desktop problems.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

illu

Part of the furniture
Fantastic.

I'll try and check it out soon and will post results. Hope this does the trick :>

Oli - Illu

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
happened again, between crau and crau t2 in open field :(
ToA client with toa gfx and sounds on, amd xp2400, Gf5900XT, 1280MB RAM.

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
Same here crashed within 5 mins of logging on.

Have sent details of machine type drivers and crash log to Rightnow suggest the previous poster does the same.

Phuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
No crashing here, but since the mini-patch (which installed itself today when I logged in early afternoon) I've been getting a very wierd pulsing lag, kinda like a slow heartbeat ... lag ... no-lag ... lag ... no-lag ... never had anything remotely like it before. Noticed it especially in Green Glades & Arbor Glen. There were 2 of us playing 4 accounts & we both/all noticed it. Sometimes it was a very strong pulse, other times weaker.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:
happened again, between crau and crau t2 in open field :(
ToA client with toa gfx and sounds on, amd xp2400, Gf5900XT, 1280MB RAM.

exactly the same place as me.....

i didn't have the CTD problem before this new fix...and now i have crashed 3 times ....so i can't even leave the darn place!!!! rebooted the comp between all 3 times...testing one last time now...

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
keeps crashing for me. toa-client/emain(between crau and crau t3 in open field)

give us back the game.dll we had a week ago. or atleast tell us why we can't use the one that worked for us....

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Nemo said:
keeps crashing for me. toa-client/emain(between crau and crau t3 in open field)

give us back the game.dll we had a week ago. or atleast tell us why we can't use the one that worked for us....

i finally got it ran around for 1 min and just after passing t3 i crashed AGAIN...give me old game.dll.....

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
when is a fix not a fix?

When its in DAOC ofc.A nights guild fun ruined :(

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
been crashing again, too. Same area, in or around Crim T3.

Very very annoying.. as if all those stealthers arent enough to deal with already :s

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
This should fix the crash to desktop problems.
You fixed it as you allways does GOA(irony), imo a better way to fix it are: cancel autopayment of subs, I just did it on both acc's. So tired of this now.
Xalin said:
Please let us know if the problem persists.
In a near future:
Problem solved: can't log in and you just lost 2 subs

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
OOOHHHH gues what - YUP crash to desktop is bak!!!!

ffs just roll bak the changes u made and make the game playable -

THIS is gonna get worse once clustering arrives - fucking stupid!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I understand your frustrations folks but please try to remember that the GOA team are trying their best to communicate with you via these boards and excess flaming is not the best way to communicate back. If problems persist then log the details as previously requested with right now so they can get on to Mythic for a better solution asap.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Nemo said:
You fixed it as you allways does GOA(irony), imo a better way to fix it are: cancel autopayment of subs, I just did it on both acc's. So tired of this now.

In a near future:
Problem solved: can't log in and you just lost 2 subs

I CANT PLAY I QUITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Yea sure....

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Only chance to get off addictive DaoC is play DaoC elsewhere and that is on the superb Mythic servers. And yes they are Superb.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Same problem as others, crashing in the area in emain around crauchan docks while I was heading to Crim T3, had the same crash while standing 2k units away from Crim T3 about 30 minutes ago.

Had similar problems earlier where I was in the same area as above, more or less around Crim T3, usually just to the SE of the tower I get the crash, starts off as a bad freeze, as if it was 0fps. then the screen goes blank and nothing untill I attempt to alt-tab out and get 'this program has performed an illegal operation' :(

Strangly enough I have been running around hib and mid all day and only when I go near Crim T3 have I had problems.

EDIT: this is using a P4 2.8 with 512 DDR RAM. DX is up to date (as far as I can tell). running on TOA client with reflective water on and toa gfx on.

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
^^ Absolutely identical to the poster above and same spec. Only I can NOT provide details as I have to turn my pc off at the front as alt-tab and ctr-alt-delete just will not free me from the screen freeze of death.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
Same problem as others, crashing in the area in emain around crauchan docks while I was heading to Crim T3, had the same crash while standing 2k units away from Crim T3 about 30 minutes ago.

Had similar problems earlier where I was in the same area as above, more or less around Crim T3, usually just to the SE of the tower I get the crash, starts off as a bad freeze, as if it was 0fps. then the screen goes blank and nothing untill I attempt to alt-tab out and get 'this program has performed an illegal operation' :(

Strangly enough I have been running around hib and mid all day and only when I go near Crim T3 have I had problems.

EDIT: this is using a P4 2.8 with 512 DDR RAM. DX is up to date (as far as I can tell). running on TOA client with reflective water on and toa gfx on.

Thats cos u were zerging m8:p and dont deny it i saw ya hehe!

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
I have SDK DirectX9.0c on my computer. Gonna log all the debugging information as soon as I get home (=Saturday). Hope error occurs and the log helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom