About <Strife>...

A

adari

Hai,

Well lately I heard a lot of stories about Strife and stuff, so I just wanted to make this clear for those who care.

Strife was a great guild when Ody was GM, we were underestimated by a lot of people but we were effective in RvR and helpful with alliance-wide events.

I don't know why people laughed at Strife, I'll just blame ignorancy. We were being classed as FC wannabe's, which was absolutely bullox, last thing we wanted to be was like FC. We had also never zerged, mostly didn't go to emain anyway. We loved our fg/2fg fights in odins and we loved being together.

Ody was with no doubt one of the best players this realm has ever had, he was a great GM and a great friend. He know all that was to know about the game and he was able to keep a great guild running for a long time. It is a shame he left, I loved talking to him or working with him when doing guild stuff.

When Ody quit, the core of our guild was gone and other old school members started to become inactive or quit as well. Chipper and me (Ody promoted me to GM) tried to prevent it from going down but without our best gm and best members there was nothign we could do.

Chipper disbanded the guild later on.

Thats a brief summary of what happened, thanks.

Z

zlair

Yes, Strife took all my solo keels in Odin's !

.. ohh, w8... i wasnt even 50 at the time ;)

But true, Strife was a bunch of nice peeps and effective too...

... a shame all went tits up when Adari took over ;)

(j/k :p )

B

Bellona

Noone wants to be like me, i understand ... :(

O

old.m0000

yeah strife owned, but it's still around afaik - just called something different.....

:p

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Karlo
humph... or not

ok sorry its a new guild that has nothing to do with strife except has 90% of strifes old members.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by old.m0000
ok sorry its a new guild that has nothing to do with strife except has 90% of strifes old members.

with 2 different gm's who have nothing to do with strife policies?

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Lets try this again.....

cleric, friar, sorc of level 45+
tanks level 50+

see http://www.vegy.34sp.com/strife/ for more info and contact me ingame if it has interest.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our goal:
- To be able to reliably field at least 2fg of competent players into battle, whereever that may be.
- To enhance the RvR experience of our members.
- To improve the skills of all members with regards to utilization of abilities.
Our activities:
RvR.
Our members:
- Humour is a necessity
- RvR experience is nice to have
- The ability to take and give constructive citizism is a necessity
- l33t uber 3g0: dont apply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by leorin
Black Legion is a pretty new but well workin guild with main focus on RvR. Guild was started by me and yog a week ago. We have finally hit our 20 member limit. And are currently on the lookout for Friars , Clerics , Sorcerers , Theurgists.
If u believe you got what it takes to join us , feel free to contact me on (remember/leorin) or Yog (as yog) ingame.

We currently recruiting : Clerics 40+ Sorcerers 40+ Friars 45+ Theurgs 40+

Our goal is to have 2fg RvR going everynight , and we succeded for 1st time last night in Emain we had 2fgs going with some help from other ppls.

Days before that we had 1fg pure BL going almost entire day/evening, in odins/emain.

We ll if interest is also do PVE bigger raids and such together with our alliance.

BL = Strife+PvE.

a.

O

old.m0000

I'm not saying its a bad thing, ffs i was in strife and it owned ass.

O

old.Sepiritz

Originally posted by old.m0000
I'm not saying its a bad thing, ffs i was in strife and it owned ass.

Eeew, u saying Strife was gay? :\

On a serious note though, yes, Ody rocks, except being danish.. ;)
Shame Strife didnt work out though, but I know how hard it can be to make something work when depending on other people..

L

leorin

And again apathy cant see why you doin this , your irl too boring?
Black Legion dont have 90% of Strife members in it thats just bs, and we dont wanna be compared or anything with Strife. Not that Strife is a bad thing but this is a new guild with new leadership and plenty of non strife members in.

And concerning apathys quotes: What you quoted of Strifes goals is an copy of FC:s goals, and this odyssesus made pretty clear and explained that he had pretty much of copied FC goals.

But why listen to you apathy anyhow? you were an less then average sorc on alb/excal spendin more time on these forums then really achievin something yourself. I think FC members which grped with you have put it pretty clear that you was an shit sorc, on earlier threads. And however i havent seen you in CS/Emain/odins any frontier for ages , dont know even if you still playing so stop talkin out of your ass, since you clearly dont know what your talking about.

There is/was Strife - BF - HB - BL - Prodigy - FC - GoL (sorry if i forget anyone) and they all are different guilds but yes they have 1 thing in common which is their focus on RvR. And thats about all
apart from that they are all different guild like any guild have differances from others.

A

Apathy

Right. I was a shit sorc so that makes everything okay.

Good luck with this guild. Hope it doesn't dissolve around you. Again. How crap would THAT be!

:chortle:

a.

O

old.Odysseus

Nice post Adari, dont think i could have said it better myself.

Strife was a great achievement, I just realized that I could not manage both that and my real life simultaneously.

However, dont think that Strife was my achievement, I had a co-gm and plenty of competent officers and councellors to help me out.

F

Freppe^^

yo adari mate :) first post ive seen from u thats pretty nice, no offence bro xD

P

Poseidon

Strife was THE guild very very nice ppl and we had loads of fun, and all was friends, was a happy time :p to bad nothing last forever... and we truly rocked in odins, but i think that we was a guild for a so short matter of time that not many ppl did take such big notice of us and realized how good we really was.

This is just what i think....

Y

Yog.Original

Black Falcons is THE guild, no other guild compares tbh.

C

Cronn

Originally posted by adari

<snip>
and we loved being together.
<snip>
I loved talking to him or working with him when doing guild stuff.
<snip>

hahahahahaahah gay.

D

dimerian

Good words Adari. Try to ignore some spamming **nts in this forum and enjoy the game.

H

heath

Was enjoying reading this post til macsharky came along and tried to turn it....just goes to prove, the world really is full of immature fools. Good luck with the guild now and hope it does well.

:bazbeer:

Z

zlair

Originally posted by heath
Was enjoying reading this post til macsharky came along and tried to turn it....just goes to prove, the world really is full of immature fools. Good luck with the guild now and hope it does well.

:bazbeer:

:great:

In ya face, mac !

Apathy :mgwhore2: Macsharky

J

Jergiot

strife was a great guild imo, to bad it went down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom