about stealth?

lorem

Fledgling Freddie
does it make you invisible as it does in daoc ?

horde kicks ass :p

__-

lorem ipsum dolorem
L50 snack @xcal

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
In the beginning it was supposed just make you transparent, I think.

Then they changed it so it made you invisible to enemy players lower or same level as yourself.

Then they nerfed it but they did something wrong so now everyone can see you. In other words, its totaly shit atm.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, stealth is very broken atm, everyone and their pets can see you even if they are much lover level than you. Add to that the Mastery of Deception nerf (changed from 5x5 to 3x5), Catseye Goggles (27+ to stealth detection) and overall suckiness of stealth at the moment, it's quite useless as it is now.

Not to mention the Vanish bug (nerf?)

I'm sure things will get much better again next patch.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
they are working on stealth issues. Dunno though how it will be in the end

mts

Fledgling Freddie
im hoping for daoc-like stealth (invisible), even tho i'm not 100% sure about playing a rogue..

transparency just doesn't work since everyone will notice you that way and it kinda makes backstabbing impossible.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I hope its not like daoc stealth.

As its was way overpoward, one of the reason i left daoc in the first place because of their bs stealth.

Mythic and their half arse counters.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Either way, it has to be efficient enough to allow you to sneak behind mobs and player since rogues are nothing without their stealth-opening moves.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
DAoC stealth didn't make rogues overpowered... buffbots did ;)

No point in having 'stealth' if you can be seen. I'd rather see see stealth affected by movement: stand still and you're invisible... but the faster you move the more visible you become. A system like that would really test player skill and probably make the class more fun to play.

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
aye something like that would be better altho imo stealth doesnt mean invisiblity everywhere you go, fair enough if the rogue is hiding in somewhere very dark or in a bush or something or at night then yeah they should be near invisible but not completely but when you are standing in bright daylight in the middle of a field with no long grass to hide in then you should be able to easily be seen not completely invisible like in DAoC, thats one of the few things i hate about DAoC, stealth is complete bullshit in DAoC they might aswell call it Invisibilty coz it isn't stealth at all :flame:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Escape said:
DAoC stealth didn't make rogues overpowered... buffbots did ;)

No point in having 'stealth' if you can be seen. I'd rather see see stealth affected by movement: stand still and you're invisible... but the faster you move the more visible you become. A system like that would really test player skill and probably make the class more fun to play.

stealth: The act of moving, proceeding, or acting in a covert way.

note that it doesnt mention invisibility :)

DAoC stealth as it is, is invisibility, its more of a magical ability than stealth :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
If you want to be pedantic, stealth can mean invisibility.
DAoC rogues aren't truly invisible, they're just very good at hiding(You can see them at close range).

In games like these though, a stealth class would be useless if you could see him while he's stealthed. So "invisibility" is needed to make the class work.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I never had a problem with DAoC stealth, save the time when you could one shot kill and remain stealthed.

Right now WoW's stealth is useless, it's rather strange that they nerfed it (blizzard said it was not a nerf, they just changed the frequency of the stealth check) but at the same time they nerfed Mastery of Deception, which actually was needed to make stealth work properly even before the nerf.

Class that depends on stealth should have it work atleast, I'm trusting that Blizzard will make the right decision.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Lumikki said:
I never had a problem with DAoC stealth, save the time when you could one shot kill and remain stealthed.

Right now WoW's stealth is useless, it's rather strange that they nerfed it (blizzard said it was not a nerf, they just changed the frequency of the stealth check) but at the same time they nerfed Mastery of Deception, which actually was needed to make stealth work properly even before the nerf.

Class that depends on stealth should have it work atleast, I'm trusting that Blizzard will make the right decision.
Aye, there's still 1 or 2 patches to go before launch, and tweaks to be made after that.

I think the "one shot and remain stealthed" is similar to the reason why they changed improved Sap to be 90% at highest rank instead of 100%. They can still Sap and remain stealthed, but not without (apart from the old 'missing') risk. :)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Only gripe I have with Imp Sap now is that it was changed to lower tier of the talent tree, requiring more points to get it. I don't think it's fair since it's a class defining skill :(

Generally I didn't like the talent tree changes at all

~mutter something about not having imp sap, cold blood and adrenaline rush~

Ah well, we'll see ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom