About skills.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've only got, with Dark Templar, skills in bandaging as i've heard rumors(you see) that other like run speed etc aren't working at the moment.

Could someone deny/confirm which skills don't "work"?

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently not no, probably get fixed soon though.

I am not hugely experienced myself, but you will need climbing, relatively early on I had a quest that required at least 30 skill.

Zed.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Apparently not no, probably get fixed soon though.

I am not hugely experienced myself, but you will need climbing, relatively early on I had a quest that required at least 30 skill.

Zed.

Aye, what i was thinking of. I've run twice to 20, necro was easy, just put all mana related and hiding up :D

With Dark Templar though, well, gotta save the points i guess, only use what needed.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, what i was thinking of. I've run twice to 20, necro was easy, just put all mana related and hiding up :D

With Dark Templar though, well, gotta save the points i guess, only use what needed.

The mana related stuff works, although I hear conc seems broke and works at just 5 skill.....I may be ill-informed though.

Source as always, was the AoC american forums.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
The mana related stuff works, although I hear conc seems broke and works at just 5 skill.....I may be ill-informed though.

Source as always, was the AoC american forums.

link to that?
the forum :)

kaizez

Fledgling Freddie
i did read that they all work but have very little gains the further they are increased and as such you can just throw a few pts in each to get the proc of that skill. i personally have 350 climbing, max hiding and about 50 in each others. going to max the perception one at 80.

Nurag

Fledgling Freddie
Skill points further info but dont tell everone

;) a rip off of a rip off;)
Ok, so this is not my research but I found this on the forums and it seems to be valid.

Some people have been questioning about how much the endurance and run speed skills actually help. This will explain it.

First we'll go with the easy one, run speed. Every 100 points into run speed gives you a 1% increase to movement speed out of combat. At level 80, with 800 points in run speed, you will be 8% faster than you were when you started, plus whatever you gain from gear. Putting only 1 point into run speed does nothing. You should only add to run speed in 100 point increments.

Now, endurance is a little more complicated, but works on the same basis. Every 100 points reduces your stamina usage by 1%. At level 1 each tick of sprint uses up 20% of your max stamina. This gives you 5 full ticks of sprint. At level 80, with 800 points into stamina, each tick will only cost 12% of your max stamina. This equates to huge gains in distance. Examples below.

Person 1 has 0 points into Run Speed and 0 points into Endurance.
Person 1 can sprint 100 feet (5 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Person 2 has 800 points into Run Speed and 0 points into Endurance.
Person 2 can sprint 108 feet (5 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Person 3 has 800 points into Run Speed and 800 points into Endurance.
Person 3 can sprint 162 feet (9 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Person 4 has 800 points into Run Speed, 800 points into Endurance, and 8% movement speed from gear.
Person4 can sprint 174 feet (9 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Important to note, however, that while run speed works at just 100 points in, endurance gives you no benefit until 350 points in. So wait until level 35 and dump 350 points into it and you will see a 3.5% reduction in stamina use per tick, thus have 16.5% stamina used per tick, giving you an extra tick (for 6 total) of sprinting.

P.S. climbing
Not sure if anyone else has seen this before, but there are a couple of ladders in the docks of Old Tarantia that require a climbing skill of 300 to use them. I think the soonest you can get 300 points in this skill is about lvl 30. Once you climb to the very top there is a little alcove with a treasure chest which contains a couple of pots, one of which gives you a 100% chance to do a fatality for the next couple of seconds

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nurag, thanks for that.

I was thinking in the same ballpark, that there is gain, but people don't notice it because, like with anything, you need to spec HIGH before getting the big gains.

Which is good. Don't want people running at mach 3 on level 20.

kaizez

Fledgling Freddie
;) a rip off of a rip off;)
Ok, so this is not my research but I found this on the forums and it seems to be valid.

Some people have been questioning about how much the endurance and run speed skills actually help. This will explain it.

First we'll go with the easy one, run speed. Every 100 points into run speed gives you a 1% increase to movement speed out of combat. At level 80, with 800 points in run speed, you will be 8% faster than you were when you started, plus whatever you gain from gear. Putting only 1 point into run speed does nothing. You should only add to run speed in 100 point increments.

Now, endurance is a little more complicated, but works on the same basis. Every 100 points reduces your stamina usage by 1%. At level 1 each tick of sprint uses up 20% of your max stamina. This gives you 5 full ticks of sprint. At level 80, with 800 points into stamina, each tick will only cost 12% of your max stamina. This equates to huge gains in distance. Examples below.

Person 1 has 0 points into Run Speed and 0 points into Endurance.
Person 1 can sprint 100 feet (5 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Person 2 has 800 points into Run Speed and 0 points into Endurance.
Person 2 can sprint 108 feet (5 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Person 3 has 800 points into Run Speed and 800 points into Endurance.
Person 3 can sprint 162 feet (9 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Person 4 has 800 points into Run Speed, 800 points into Endurance, and 8% movement speed from gear.
Person4 can sprint 174 feet (9 ticks) before running out of Stamina.

Important to note, however, that while run speed works at just 100 points in, endurance gives you no benefit until 350 points in. So wait until level 35 and dump 350 points into it and you will see a 3.5% reduction in stamina use per tick, thus have 16.5% stamina used per tick, giving you an extra tick (for 6 total) of sprinting.

P.S. climbing
Not sure if anyone else has seen this before, but there are a couple of ladders in the docks of Old Tarantia that require a climbing skill of 300 to use them. I think the soonest you can get 300 points in this skill is about lvl 30. Once you climb to the very top there is a little alcove with a treasure chest which contains a couple of pots, one of which gives you a 100% chance to do a fatality for the next couple of seconds

makes alot of sense. now to decide what is best way to spend my points.

taB

Part of the furniture
For testing purposes, when a skill goes over 400 points it costs 50S to reset, at 300-400 it's only 1S. I'd suggest capping at 399 until you're certain. I have a couple of skills in the 400+ range and can't realistically reset them atm.

This is from my own experience and not corroborated by any shred of evidence :) .

kaizez

Fledgling Freddie
For testing purposes, when a skill goes over 400 points it costs 50S to reset, at 300-400 it's only 1S. I'd suggest capping at 399 until you're certain. I have a couple of skills in the 400+ range and can't realistically reset them atm.

This is from my own experience and not corroborated by any shred of evidence :) .

500+ costs 3g or so to reset, after that i dont want to think...

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
if ur worried about 3g you shouldn't check how much the best horses and riding skill cost! (100g skill 150g for horse)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom