About selling accounts

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
As MYst said in the other thread : Bad monkeys, CoC says Trading = Bad.

However this is what it realy says :

Online Auctioning Policy
========================
Mythic Entertainment has a very definite policy about selling accounts and items using any online service or any other auctioning/sales system. Account selling and item auctioning is governed by the EUALA, violations of which will subject your account(s) to immediate termination. The current version of the EUALA may be downloaded from Mythic Support under the heading of "Player Policies."

1. Selling of Accounts, Items, Money and Equipment.
a. It is against Mythic policy to sell any items, money or equipment, using 'real' money. You MAY sell or auction your entire account, consistent with the terms and conditions set for in the EUALA.

Ps: this is not to flame or anything , just want to show what it says ;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Think he ment the FreddysHouse's CoC.. Imo I think that MG did something that was not needed at all. Back on EU servers we weren't allowed to trade, sell or buy accounts, but rules are different on the US servers. But then again why would Mystic G know that when he doesn't play the game? Yet he still mods the daoc section of FH :eek:

Will hold my tongue now as he's a "super mod" and can/will ban if he feels like it

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Could the CoC be updated to reflect the times instead of outright banning of it? Perhaps it could be restricted to a particular thread or subforum as not to clog up General Discussion.

To be fair though, it can bring down the quality of the forums if they get infested by too many people selling their accounts. However saying that, I seriously doubt it can get worse than the Off Topic forum!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TBH the CoC is based on the original GOA rules. We're not about to overturn any infractions (they're not permanent anyway) as the CoC was as stated at the time, but we will consider changing it moving forward.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
TBH the CoC is based on the original GOA rules. We're not about to overturn any infractions (they're not permanent anyway) as the CoC was as stated at the time, but we will consider changing it moving forward.

so basically they got infractions for doing nothing wrong? :)

gohan

I am a FH squatter
no, they got infractions for not following the current rules, jupitus has admited that the current rules may need updating and fair play to him for that, but they ARE still the rules as stands, stop mod baiting when they're acctaully being reasonable

infractions are for the kool kids anyway currently have almost as many infractions/neg reps as i do possitive ones xD

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
As i said when i started the thread , it was no intention to flame or anything ,
just wanted to make a stance about the Game EUALA/Rules , and as many of you others have said , FH rules/CoC might need a update .

Peace :drink:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no, they got infractions for not following the current rules, jupitus has admited that the current rules may need updating and fair play to him for that, but they ARE still the rules as stands, stop mod baiting when they're acctaully being reasonable

infractions are for the kool kids anyway currently have almost as many infractions/neg reps as i do possitive ones xD

he also said that those rules are in reaction to GOA's CoC, hence would logically not apply to the US servers as iirc ppl have always been allowed to trade accounts there :)

and i wasn't modbaiting, heck i wasn't even expecting a serious answer from it. but thanks for taking that question to hights it doesent deserve lol...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So?

Regardless of what it is based on it is still the FH CoC, totally unrelated to both the GOA CoC and the us CoC.
Even if it was based on the US servers CoC it would still technically be breaking it. It is still against the US terms of use, though ofc they turn a blind eye to it these days.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
so basically they got infractions for doing nothing wrong? :)
Let's clear this up once and for all.
  • I mod all of FH.
  • That thread was reported so point the fingers amongst yourselves, i.e. I don't go wading through the DAoC boards because I don't play it.
  • I was referring to the FH CoC. Mythic / GOA / etc don't have a say in how FH is run.
  • I don't ban "cos I feel like it" so you can post some more BS now if you like Cor :p
  • They all got warnings nothing more.
  • If the CoC is out of date and needs updating (something I've already mentioned in places you lot cannot see) then start a thread in feedback and I'll call Jup a **** (in said places) until it gets done.
  • Frankly though I have never believed any form of transactions through FH should be condoned as that way FH can never become a part of any deals that go sour (i.e. prevention is best option).
:ninja:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
something I've already mentioned in places you lot cannot see
written on your underwear? ^^

Frankly though I have never believed any form of transactions through FH should be condoned as that way FH can never become a part of any deals that go sour (i.e. prevention is best option).

agree tbf.h

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Frankly though I have never believed any form of transactions through FH should be condoned as that way FH can never become a part of any deals that go sour (i.e. prevention is best option):ninja:

:iagree: to this aswell , but seing that the DAoC community on FH is much smaller than lets say VN we also know who is who .
Couse you have to agree that its alot safer to do buisness with ppl you "know" a little better :fluffle:

Ps : And quite many of us have also meet irl at diff occasions

Peace :drink:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If the CoC is out of date and needs updating (something I've already mentioned in places you lot cannot see)

Yeah but just cause you tattooed it on my ass, dont mean I cant read it via the use of a mirror.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah, I tattooed on his ass that his CoC is out of date and needs updating. He needs CoC 2.0. Everything needs 2.0.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Partly my fault as well, it feels so warm and cosy in here these days that forget about stuff like account trading being banned. :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Too busy with Bahumat for that.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved

Who's this and where's the real pr0han?

gohan

I am a FH squatter
Who's this and where's the real pr0han?

hahahah i noes the spelling is all correct and im defending mods ???? WTF!!!!

but in this instance the baiting was unwarented, i know again WTF???

but the (specific european country's 1930's political party) mods were being pretty fair .....ish

and really waht more can we ask!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom