About : Raids

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Hello,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that there are many raids clashing.

I would ask raid leaders to keep Wednesday's, Thursday's and Sunday's free for Dragon Raids lead by myself and GReaper.

I try to make any other raids on days that have no other raids on them when possible, I'm hoping that other leaders will do the same to avoid raids getting ruined.

QQ etc I know but would be nice to have a raid without worrying about finding lots of replacements.

Gizmo

Fledgling Freddie
No offence mate, but DR = 24 people of 200+ online on those days, what are the rest gonna do? sit on thier asses and wait that they might get a spot as replacement on DR?

If people dont wanna go on DR then there should be an alternative raid for them. eg. a ML run or whatever people want..

Just my humble oppinion(SP?)

Giz

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
A DR Involves 25 people
What do the other 525 Albions do on those nights then? :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Gizmo said:
No offence mate, but DR = 24 people of 200+ online on those days, what are the rest gonna do? sit on thier asses and wait that they might get a spot as replacement on DR?

If people dont wanna go on DR then there should be an alternative raid for them. eg. a ML run or whatever people want..

Just my humble oppinion(SP?)

Giz

beat me too it :)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Have to pretty much go with the majority here. If I'm arranging something the prescence or not of a dragon raid on the same night makes no difference. I'll make sure it doens't clash with any other large scale or FFA stuff but thats about it.

As said realm > 25 peeps, sorry. The other night at primetime I did a /who and there were over 300 people online. There is plenty that can attend a dragon raid and to try and reserve 3 nights of a week for your own raids is a bit self centred mate :D

My raids are fairly irregular anyway (tend to be when there's a gap - I'm nothing if not lazy and will happily go on other people's raids), so it probably doesn't make much difference what I think :D

I think to be honest you'd be better served looking at the people that drop raids at a moment's notice when they've signed up for something as that is indeed frustrating and annoying, especially when you are working with a relatively small group of people.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Or just arrange less dragon raids - which would make people drop other stuff to get on it. (I know, I know, Golestandt the whiner is paying me to say this)

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
If people are leaving your raids to go on others run by different people then perhaps you need to look at why they are doing this rather then ask others to give you a monopoly on those days so they don't have any other choice.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ive lost track over the number of planned raids for this week but know its at least 4.

I'll only be signing up to the Wednesday raids, as these have been going the longest and generaly seam to have the better turnout and run 99% of the time. As the others have said, asking 300+ albs to not run an event while 25 people attack one mob 3 times a week is not going to happen.

Other raid leaders nave generaly avoided wednesdays, i think tonights one exception with a ML4 running - but normaly things work out fine.

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Hello,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that there are many raids clashing.

I would ask raid leaders to keep Wednesday's, Thursday's and Sunday's free for Dragon Raids lead by myself and GReaper.

I try to make any other raids on days that have no other raids on them when possible, I'm hoping that other leaders will do the same to avoid raids getting ruined.

QQ etc I know but would be nice to have a raid without worrying about finding lots of replacements.

Maybe cut down on doing dragon raids as you now seem to be doing them for half the week? Have you thought about other people that might want to lead raids on them days?

I have lead many raids on Thursdays and the weekend and although fair play you are doing a realm raid, 24/25 people should not mean others are punished so ML10 will be going ahead this Thursday.

You would not believe the amount of raids I have already canciled to kill fluffy because you now want to kill it on Thusdays.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Speeedy said:
Maybe cut down on doing dragon raids as you now seem to be doing them for half the week? Have you thought about other people that might want to lead raids on them days?

And other people that may want to kill the dragon too - I'd love to arrange a guild outing to try again, but the number of days left are really limited now <sulk>

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
1 raid per person a week max could be locked inplace, like old Sidi raods were etc, but 3 days a week, your not likly to get anyone to respect even one of these days, and considering the 2 of the days u want to keep clear for your dragon raids are teh days TLW have the highest atttendance of guild raids (25-30 members) I also doubt were cancel our raids as youve booked almost every viable day.

Pick a day and stick to it.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
The TLW Sidi raids were public raids, so more than 25 people could go.
Also There wasn't much else to raid at that time :)

Normaly i try to leave wends as free as possible (i like signing up on these raids myself) but this week i was trying to get ML1 to 3 done for 2FG... so i couldn't spare the day

Britin

Fledgling Freddie
Just a shot in the dark here but i'm guessing you wish never started this thread GS

:fluffle:

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Only part of the online Albs come look for raids on FH. And only part of those are willing and able to attend raids (lvl 50ish, ToA, ...). As far as I know guild raids aren't on these boards. So I assume we are only talking about the FH public < Albion. It's not like FH dictates the activities for the whole of Albion.

I really appreciate all the guys and gals who organise these things. :worthy: Organising and leading a raid is a stressful job. People with high frustration tolerance and willingness to lead - mostly total strangers - and lead well, should be cherished :fluffle: : Albion needs you all! <insert picture of harp angel here>

Peace!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Britin said:
Just a shot in the dark here but i'm guessing you wish never started this thread GS

:fluffle:

Bullseye !! :) <gives the gimp a hug>

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
If someone signs for a dragon raid but doesn't turn up without notice, blacklist them.

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I'm one of the people who has originally signed up for Gimpstrel's dragon raid, but has given notice that I'll be doing the ML10 raid instead. To be honest, I don't think 2 days' notice is that small or "last minute", especially when the raid list of names had not yet been posted. If it had been and had contained my name, I wouldn't have switched come what may.

As for two raids running on the same day and causing some folk to swear and readjust their priorities, it's just one of those things that will happen. I usually try and _always_ turn up to the raids I sign for and also try not to switch from thing to thing, even with 48 hours' notice, because I run raids too and I know how damn annoying it is to lose people who have signed up. It's even worse when the end result is a lack of the basic classes that will make a raid possible. Sometimes, though, as a raid leader, you just have to accept that people have priorities which suit them more than you and that these can and may change. As long as folks either give good notice in advance of any change in their status or turn up as promised, I don't see the problem.

I hope your raid goes ahead ok, Gimpstrel. I would have liked very much to be on it, but ML10 doesn't happen three times every week, alas.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
I generally don't mind people withdrawing due to other raids , but only if the other raid was posted before mine.

What annoys me is when people make a raid on the same day as mine after my raid has been posted.

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
I generally don't mind people withdrawing due to other raids , but only if the other raid was posted before mine.

What annoys me is when people make a raid on the same day as mine after my raid has been posted.

It's annoying when it happens, I don't think anyone would dispute that. However it's just not unreasonable for other raids to take place at the same time/day as a dragon raid for 25 people. As plenty of others have said, there are a lot of folks in Albion who might not ever want to dragon raid or who don't want to dragon raid on that day...or who want to but who don't get a dragon raid space. Not really reasonable to expect that those few hundred people don't do something else.

Raid clashes are always going to happen. ML raids frequently take place at the same time as each other. Usually it works out, as there are enough people in the realm who have different needs and timescales.

At the end of the day, though, if it's hard getting the people together for a dragon raid against a backdrop of other raids taking place, maybe run only 1 a week instead of 2? That might reduce the difficulty of supply not meeting demand.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
You do run alot of raids, should try cut down to basics rather than flooding raids in and expect everyone to schedual around you, sounds mean but its not ment as such.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:
You do run alot of raids, should try cut down to basics rather than flooding raids in and expect everyone to schedual around you, sounds mean but its not ment as such.

Hate to say it but agree strongly with Krissy.

Fine if you had a rare unique raid, but you've posted for 3 dragon raids within a week, then moan when people decide to cancel and go on a once in a blue moon ML10 raid.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:

So what your saying is you would do exactly what your asking other people not to do? :worthy:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Breon said:
So what your saying is you would do exactly what your asking other people not to do? :worthy:

he even signed up to my ML rush and didn't turn up, instead when DR's :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Why do I feel like TLW are ganging up on me :F

Its not just TLW <hands Gimpy another shovel>

You have to admit tho asking a whole realm to NOT plan raids, while you monopolise the dragon for 3 raids in one week is really silly.

<hugs>

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not asking people to not run raids because I want everyday to myself.

I need some items from ml 5.10 ... so I decide to make a farm raid offering other albs to get items from Ammut as well, I personally see no problem with that. However, Jenkz has made a ML5 raid on the same day as my 5.10 raid and he posted the raid a day or two after I posted mine.

And Tears - I run 2 dragon raids a week, not 3. I plan ahead and post raids a week ahead so It gives more others more time to sign up or pull out.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
And Tears - I run 2 dragon raids a week, not 3. I plan ahead and post raids a week ahead so It gives more others more time to sign up or pull out.

Sun - https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=28836
Thu - https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=29348
Mon - https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=29348

Sorry I obviously cant count :)

However if you had a ML5 planned, then someone posts a raid for the same encounter on the same day at the same time thats pretty mean, I remember ruinning a guild ML2 raid on the same day a certain guild was farming the 2.10 boss, surfice to say our guild encounter did not all get credit for 2.10.. maybe poor Jenkz didnt notice your ML5 raid, as some posts here have been missing their stickyness of late. <shrugs> sure you can both work something out tho.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
GimpStrole said:
I'm not asking people to not run raids because I want everyday to myself.

rly ?

GimpStrole said:

Sounds like you claimed your days, everyone not just tlw have told you about the fact dr's only involve 25 people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom