About mentalist

Iwan

Fledgling Freddie
How does the charm work?
I never see mentalists having pet charmed in rvr...
Is the charm interupted in combat?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
A mentalist can charm a pet fine in rvr.

There is really two ways you can look at using a pet as a mentalist, either as a personal demezzer / interupter or as a more typical damage dealing pet.

For the first option you are proabably better off getting a green con/ grey con pet then if you get mezzed and your pet isnt just bang the release button and it hits you breaking your mezz and the pet will be recharmed next pulse of the spell without you doing anything further.

You can lose your charm sometimes when you get mezzed but recharming your pet if it comes for you shouldnt be a problem.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ad thing is mentas loose mana when charming and can loose pet often. whis it could be the same as sorcs have :(

Iwan

Fledgling Freddie
Cool :)

How high con pets can u charm and can u do ml9 on it?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Iwan said:
Cool :)

How high con pets can u charm and can u do ml9 on it?

mentads dont get convoker..... only warlord and stormlord... keeping a yellow con whit decent equipment and skills is fine... oj is bit harder

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
depends on your spec and RR, orange con isnt that much of a problem, humanoid pets use virtually no mana per pulse

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
it may not use much mana, but its still enough to stop ur mana from regenerating :x
and even grey pets can resist quite a bit and interupt u at bad times
if solo maybe it can be allright, but in group pet is more of a pain then useful tbh

unless theyve changed it since i last played, saw it said on camelotherald that the charm cost 0 ? but i guess theyre wrong :eek:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Assuming you have a decent template with say a 900 point power pool , humanoid charm uses about .1 % of your power per tick. Your normal power regen is alot faster than this without taking into account EC. With sash, pots and tarts/champ weapon it really is not a problem. Most mentalists in rvr will be 45,46 or 50 light and assuming +11 light in temp all of them can handle a level 50-52 mob with very little resists.

You can charm ml9 pets after you kill the sorc that has it :) The ml9 level bonus does not effect the resist rate on menty charm.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
if solo maybe it can be allright, but in group pet is more of a pain then useful tbh

In a grp the mentalist is probably the best demezzer with a pet, its like a free mezz purge.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ballard said:
You can charm ml9 pets after you kill the sorc that has it :) The ml9 level bonus does not effect the resist rate on menty charm.
yep! ml9 templers smacking the shit out of a sorc is one of the best things you can see in daoc :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Pets can work as a personal demezzer, but why bother when you got enemy BLs doing that for u? :D

Main thing that screws up usefulness of pet in rvr is the tether range - which is 2000 units. If pet goes out of range it'll break charm and aggro you, or if you get heals, your support. It will not recharm next pulse and you'll have to cast charm on it again.

All enemy has to do is kite it out of 2000 range to give you a headache. tbh is last thing you need in a fight is spending all ur time watching the pet, checking range...so it's more trouble to run with than not, unless you're just goofing about.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
hmm.....Elwiz regularly charms oj con in PvE without any problem ;)

in RvR it's more like grey con tbh, as already said, cause the personal demezzing can be handy, but it's not really a must have =)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
My menta is lvl 47 and I usally charm lvl 48-49 humaniod pets.
Im kinda bored on hib frontier pets, wish I could get some from alb.

At 50 I guess I can charm lvl 53 pets. (48+12.. charm spec)
I tryed to charm almost all mobs in the hib frontier on dry land.
Daughter of Mebd and Empyrian elder is my favorites.
Empyrian elder heals for ~150 and do red spec buffs and AF.
Crusher and Bloodletter is quite nice to charm as well since u can hide
inside them. :)

I wish menta could be convoker. Would be really really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom