about dpk system.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
hello. since I am not very familiar with the dpk system I would like some advice on it. I know how it works but I dont know the amount rewarded or penalty for attend, killing boss etc etc. how do you guys work in your guilds for example?any help pls? :)

ps. what does dpk (or whatever it is called) means? :p

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
dkp= Dragon kill points from EQ (Everquest) basically if you search for eqDKP you'll find loads of info about

We use something along the lines of 50 dkp attendance, 50 boss kill, if its a first kill then maybe 100.. etc..

Items are then auctioned using those points accumulated.

Some guilds use a 'Zero Sum' points system, if you want to read up about a guild that made up their own system (Based on Zero Sum) i suggest you take a look at this EJ DKP

EJ also discuss quite a few interesting topics on their Boards

P.S search for their 10 man Onyxia Kill video

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
One advice I can give you is that you shouldn't use a "Bidding" system.
That will only cause problems after awhile.

This is my guilds DKP site: http://eurotribes.root.org.uk/dkp

We are using different prices on different items and the one with most DKP gets it if it drops and he wants it and so on.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
One advice I can give you is that you shouldn't use a "Bidding" system.
That will only cause problems after awhile.

Each to their own about a bidding system

Here's my guilds DKP site Master Brewers DKP

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree with Urme on the dont use a bidding system. It all seems like a good idea in the beginning, but the multi class items will end up being totally owned by low attendance classes which will lead to arguements in the long term.

eg. Due to hunters getting their epic kit for minimum bids they will have end up getting their kit for far less dkp than say a rogue or a warrior. Which will lead to hunters taking items like Quike Strike Rings, even though the warrior or rogue has maybe attended twice as many raid and only been able to buy a couple of items at over inflated prices in compariason to what the hunter has paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom