About 1.65

J

jox

"Time to cry "enough" on this patch before it gets any bigger. Barring bug fixes, I'm told this is the end of new material for 1.65."
said by Sanya this very friday.

I was under the impression that 1.65 would contain some sort of style/ra-review. What happend?

O

old.Zeikerd

Next patch. 1.65 would also contain caster fixes. So far they only 'fixed' the debuffs, nerfing casters even more.

F

Flimgoblin

1.65 had a style "triage" - they took the most silly styles (in their opinion... I'm sure a lot of people disagree with what they changed and what they didn't) and changed them.

a more comprehensive style review comes later, and the RA review is also tabled for another patch.

J

Jiggs

i think the RvR expansion/review is the next thing?

F

Flimgoblin

ToA is the next _big_ thing...

according to

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/974.shtml

it looks like that's it for balance at the moment - that said ToA isn't going to be out for a month or so I think... so there might well be more 1.65-like balance changes first.

J

jox

"- September. A patch focusing on RvR world enhancements, RvR bug fixes and balance tweaks (although it may have other fixes in it as well). This patch is NOT the RvR expansion (more on that below) - instead it is a patch that will address class balance, bugs, keep and frontier zone enhancements, and anything else that is RvR related." by Matt

"it is a patch that will address class balance, bugs"

Ok, notcied that.

The class-balance made in 1.65 must have been done during a coffee-break.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by jox

"it is a patch that will address class balance, bugs"

Ok, notcied that.

1.65 was also the patch where they were completely "re-working" stormcalling to make thanes almost viable in RvR..
And what did they do, they tweaked the spells thanes never use anyway.

nerf mythic!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by jox

yeah there wasn't any (*savages* shhhh!) changes (*theurgists* I said shush!) at (*focus shields* oi I told you to shuttit) all (*debuff/dds* hey! quit it!) to (*thanes... well ok maybe not*) classes in this patch.

O

old.Ramas

They promised way too much to various TLs...

Resistance review.
Making Wizards either have better damage or having comparable utility
Thanes being viable
Soulrending being viable above 40 spec (basically getting more Reavers to drop slam)
Style review (mostly more positional chains, less anytime or reactionary styles. And less 9sec stunning if the rumours are correct)
RA review

As well as the savage/debuff nerf and earth theurg love that actually came through.

This is too much stuff to put in one patch, I'd put it down to overenthusiastic feedback from the new feedback guy.

If it did all come through on one patch we'd all be complaining that the changes were too sudden and have too many unintended consequences.

J

jox

Originally posted by old.yaruar
1.65 was also the patch where they were completely "re-working" stormcalling to make thanes almost viable in RvR..
And what did they do, they tweaked the spells thanes never use anyway.

nerf mythic!

I was also hoping for a closer look at determination. Perhaps give it to all classes but to different costs, or remove it and bring down cc to a decent level, but nah.

But that was it gentlemen, the style/ra review is done, lol

C

Cyradix

1.65 is for style tweaks, the review is for a later patch....
(not that I don't find some of these "tweaks" complete rubbish)

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by jox
I was also hoping for a closer look at determination. Perhaps give it to all classes but to different costs, or remove it and bring down cc to a decent level, but nah.

But that was it gentlemen, the style/ra review is done, lol

I suspect determination will be looked at as part of a whole RvR balancing review, although hybrids will probably still be screwed as they keep insisting that hybrids won't be getting determination (or IP afair) which still leaves us worthless in rvr unless they bring in a more balanced approach to the whole CC issue.
Maybe even remove det (or cap it at a low level) and bring in a decent ability to resist crowd control. I can't actually recall the last time in RvR I actually resisted mezz.......

R

Roo Stercogburn

2 out of 3 spec lines for SMs taking a hammering. I don't think Mythic have done a proper job yet as they've accidently left a viable line for SMs. We'll have to get the Albs on the case.

Do I sound bitter?

Probably.

They're hammering the 2 spec lines I use.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas

Making Wizards either have better damage or having comparable utility

they said they'd do that but not 1.65

the only thing they sneaked in was the aoe changes... (for all 3 primary casters)

S

Sard-Nair

GIVF new icon change ! these icons are getting old now... ;<

S

Silenzio

before rvr Update u have to buy atleast 1 o 2 nex expansion...
... n maybe later... only later somthing will be done

Users who are viewing this thread