Abit fx5600 Ultra probs (game freezing)

B

Bebopbo

lo peeps :)

ok i upgraded my gfx card to a Abit fx5600 Ultra, i installed the retail drivers (1s that came with the card) & 9/10 when i port/zone my pc locks up, it sometimes locks up when daoc is loading too & i have to punch the reset on my pc. So i d/loaded the latest drivers & installed them & so i got a new error "Render Creation Failed" when ever i try to boot up daoc thats the message i get with the latest drivers installed, so i had to go back to my old drivers & put up with having to hit reset on near enough every port/zone :( I've taken my firewall's down but still same prob. Anyone know a solution..

I tried formatting my HDD & did fresh install of win & i also a while back i had exactly same problems with my other pc (i wasnt getting the freezing, but just the render creation failed when i installed new drivers) which has a mx440, i tried to update that card using latest drivers & it got the "render creation failed" message..but wasnt too much of a prob as daoc worked fine on old drivers so i just went back to them..but with my new card...im stuck :( Old drivers cause freezes & new drivers wont even boot daoc :( ..some info below...hope someone can help, thanks in advance :)

Old drivers: Nvidia Version 43.51 (causes freeze & 1s im using atm)
New drivers: Nvidia Version 45.23 (Daoc will not run "Render Creation Failed" error)

Ram: 512ddr
CPU: Athlon 2.2XP

C

cjkaceBM

Have you installed the latest motherboard drivers for your machine as they will contain up to date AGP drivers?

Also consider upgrading to Windows XP as many companies are no longer supporting Windows 98SE with driver releases.

B

Bebopbo

aye i did that last night (after i made this post!) & with the new 4in1 via drivers my new gfx drivers work & daoc boots fine & so far (touch wood) i can port w/out freezing :D

R

Rubric

FX5600 has problems with DAOC which i dont believe are completely resolved yet. If you get anymore problems try running with classic shadows.

N

Nazghul-

Originally posted by Rubric
FX5600 has problems with DAOC which i dont believe are completely resolved yet. If you get anymore problems try running with classic shadows.

I have that card too, and even with shadows and water set to classic there are graphic hickups every 3rd seconds, making the game unplayable if you don't want epilepsy.

Finally a reason to stop playing at least.. :(

A

anioal

i have a prolink fx5600 256 ddr and with 4x.xx drivers i got lockups/freezes every 5-10 seconds especialy in SI landscapes.

with 52.16 whql drivers and shadows/water set to classic its OK.

i will try in this evening with the new 53.03 whql drivers to see if there r some improvments.

B

Bebopbo

mines running nps now even with all effects, but my grp mate who i RvR with has a fx5900 256 & she has major probs alot, turning shadows down has helped her a lil bit..only thing i see different here is most of the peeps with this prob has a 256ddr card...mine is 128 & is an ABIT, wonder if that makes any difference, as onec i updated all my drivers & re-installed DX9 ...nps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom