A warning to all future fighters! (and a rant)

O

old.Carnak

Any people out there considering to make a thrust fighter be warned: there are barely any quests that give you magic thrust weapons :( , they are all either for slash or crush weps :eek:
This is in my opinion totally unfair and a huge disadvantage for me, as im a thrust armsman. I know this will change once the new trade skills come (then we will have to PAY to get magic weps) but until then any thrust specced fighter will be less effecticve than slashers or crushers.

/em finishes ranting and watches as his blood pressure level drops

R

razorboy

lol, gamebanshee gives mee 197 results for thrust weapons in albion. I even got a guildm8 who has a 17.2 dps 1h weapon.

[edit] orange to lvl 50 that is [/edit]

S

SFXman

You will always be able to get a weapon somewhere, there are high-level thrust armsmen and they have enough weapons most likely. Especially when the tradeskills will be able to make even better stuff after some patches...
Originally posted by Ibaun
lol, gamebanshee gives mee 197 results for thrust weapons in albion. I even got a guildm8 who has a 17.2 dps 1h weapon.

[edit] orange to lvl 50 that is [/edit]
But hmm.... Ibaun, Gamebanshee focuses on US servers so the patches have brought them more maybe? But probably not that many... unless the US already got the max. tradeskill cap made higher.

A

Addlcove

are we gonna be able to make magical armor to??

H

Heish

I think spellcrafting will be able to enchant both armours and weapons, and I think I remember something about putting gems with magical abilities on weapons and armours. Might be wrong though.

O

old.Carnak

Thats not my point...

My point is that ive reached lvl 17 successfully and without a magic thrust wep of any sort (no quests for them so far). There have however already been 5 quests for slash weps (1 polearm, 1 2H and 3 sword) and 3 quests for crush weps (1 2H and 2 hammers). This makes leveling for any thruster harder, because its damn useful to have +2 slash on a wep (or even 2 as my infiltrator does)

R

razorboy

k i searched some for you:

Leaper Gut Rapier , dps 5.6, Thrust +2, Avalon Marsh
Jeweled Rapier , dps 6.0, Dex +4, Thrust +2, Salisbury Plains
Spear of the Legions, dps 6.0, Thrust +3, Avalon Marsh
Decorated Roman Stilletto, dps 7.2, Qui +3, Thrust +2, Cornwall
Giant's Toothpick, dps 7.5, Cha -6, Thrust +4, Salisbury Plains
Keltoi Defender, dps 7.5, Dex +3, Keltoi Fogou
Cornwall Hunter's Rapier, dps 8.1, Dex +1, Thrust +2, Cornwall
Embossed Bone Gladius, dps 8.1, Dex +4, Thrust +3, Salisbury Plains

yes I was bored :rolleyes:

O

old.Carnak

Lol, im talking about QUEST items...

not regular drops.

H

Heish

Those are all one handers though, aren't they? I think he talks about polearm thrust weapons.

S

SFXman

Well if he says he is a thurst polearm armsman then I guess that is what he wants.
Carnak, ever think of getting 100% quality player crafted and then enchating them.... the difference between quality from drops to player-crafted makes a difference aswell. You'd woop ass with 100% qua and enchanted...

D

Damon_D

Danm I just made a few search's on middi item's..boy that was not nice to look at, it missed the most basic items :(

O

old.Carnak

SFXman but i will have to PAY to get it enchanted...

... and im not just talking about thrust polearms. There just are more quests for slash and crush weps which i find unfair.

oh, and polearms cant be made by weaponcrafters so thats another bad thing for me (can they be made by fletchers or what?)

S

SFXman

Polearms can't be made by weaponcrafters... that is bs :)
Of course they can. ALSO I would think your money is sufficient for enchanting at higher levels... 30+ you start having loads to spare... most use it on dyes.

O

old.Torfa

In midgard there is a lvl 44 hammer quest and a lvl 44 axe otd but no sword, but its ok.

What really bothers me is when were in malmo (epic zone) and exping we always find like 3 lvl 50 spears and we have maybe 20 of those spears in the guild, and we have found a grand total of 1(!) sword?! That kind of makes me puke:) Some balancing of itemdrops would be nice!

And dont come tell me its because we camp the same spawns, weve been everywhere.

D

Danya

Embossed bone gladius and Long lion fang are OTDs, that's near enough a quest as anything else. Both are magical 1h thrust weapons and 100% qual.

As for thrust polearms, you can get one for your epic for sure, and for PvE you're better off with sword and shield anyway. Also there are several high level drops for thrust polearms.

Crafting - weaponcrafters can make poleamrs, I know this because when I still had Dannyn my crafter I made several polearms.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Dannyn
Embossed bone gladius and Long lion fang are OTDs, that's near enough a quest as anything else. Both are magical 1h thrust weapons and 100% qual.

As for thrust polearms, you can get one for your epic for sure, and for PvE you're better off with sword and shield anyway. Also there are several high level drops for thrust polearms.

Crafting - weaponcrafters can make poleamrs, I know this because when I still had Dannyn my crafter I made several polearms.
What he asks for are thurst polearms... there are plenty of 1h thrust drops unlike thrust polearms.
The epics give a slash polearms.
In PvM polearm is just fine, maybe better. I remember my armsman soloing giants when they were orange, never used anything but my trusty polearms, slash polearms (due to the fact that halberds have big enough damage to make up for the loss compared to the advantage thrust ones have in RvR) because I knew quests/epic give slash polearms. So you most certainly don't need a sword and shield for PvM (PvE) if you have specced in it enough (max) and take some parry.
I knew you could get them crafted.... enchanting aint a problem tbh, you will have enough money for it.

O

old.firebrace

SFXMan,

The odds of getting a 100% crafted are extremely slim.

I probably average 95% Quality on weapons that are grey to me, and I've only ever crafted one masterpiece (100% quality) out of 100s of grey weapons.

however 95% Quality crafted is better than 89% quality with +2 weapon skill so until you find some proccing weapons, or get past level 40 (until new material come out in Europe) stick to player crafted over the 89% magic drop crap.

The enchantment bonus you can get will be 5 to 15% above an equivalent magic drop.

Always sticj with those 100% quest weapons though. As a thrust Pole user, you will be better off going with crafted all the way.

F

Flimgoblin

Weaponcrafter's can't craft polearms?

Tell that to the Wizard trainers and Magus Isen (that irritating cabalist trainer who lives in the tallest, most windy, horrible to climb tower) who order a silly number of Pikes, Bills, Lucerne Hammers and Lochaber Axes.

:)

Ooh another opportunity to moo:

:m00:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by firebrace
SFXMan,

The odds of getting a 100% crafted are extremely slim.

I probably average 95% Quality on weapons that are grey to me, and I've only ever crafted one masterpiece (100% quality) out of 100s of grey weapons.

however 95% Quality crafted is better than 89% quality with +2 weapon skill so until you find some proccing weapons, or get past level 40 (until new material come out in Europe) stick to player crafted over the 89% magic drop crap.

The enchantment bonus you can get will be 5 to 15% above an equivalent magic drop.

Always sticj with those 100% quest weapons though. As a thrust Pole user, you will be better off going with crafted all the way.
Oh I see, but oh well... good enough with enchantments on top.

O

old.Hendrick

Need a polearm? Ask Honest Hendrick, your favourite weaponstrader. Now offering a wide range of polearms made just for you. Even some special super stylish weapons like the Partisan are now possible to make. Choose of the finest variety of materials. Alloy, Fine Alloy, Mithril – you name it. And for those nasty close combat situations – Adamantium daggers and dirks are now available too! :clap: Advice on the best weapon for your season included.

O

old.Carnak

I asked a weaponcrafter (600+ skill)...

to make me an alloy polearm and he said it couldnt be done. Thats why i thought you couldnt.
Thanks for all your tips:), and i think i will send an email to mythic to suggets making the drops a bit more fair, as i can see that its not only unfair in Albion.

O

old.Hendrick

Drops are not unfair. They are rare items that can only be found sparely, that's the point of having "rare" stuff. if you could grab a super-duper-weapon on every corner, then why should anybody ever take up crafting? And if your weaponcrafter was around 400 skill then he maybe had woodwork lagging behind considerably and therefore could not do polearms. Fletching can help here, as it raises your woodwork at very low cost.

[EDIT: He was 600+ skill and couldnt do a alloy polearm? Oh dear...]

O

old.Carnak

He said they couldnt be done at all...

... not that just he couldnt do em. The drops are unfair though, if more slash weps are dropped than thrust. Im not saying there should be MORE drops, im just saying they should be balanced out between the 3 damage types.

S

SFXman

Strange that he said it couldn't be done.... at 600+ skill. It sounds like he thought that they can't even be made.
Oh well, anyway...
Ask some high-level thrust polearmsmen what they have used throughout their levels and ask if they know of some good drops (maybe somewhere who knows) and such.... that's how I usually get along with my characters. High-level people are a great source of information. :)

O

old.Hendrick

Tell your crafter to scroll down in his weaponmaking list. There are two more pages to view, where you can find shields too. People tend to forget that we can do these as well. Oh, and ask him if he ever did a consignment, for there should surely be the occasional polearm to be forged.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by SFXman
You will always be able to get a weapon somewhere, there are high-level thrust armsmen and they have enough weapons most likely. Especially when the tradeskills will be able to make even better stuff after some patches...

But hmm.... Ibaun, Gamebanshee focuses on US servers so the patches have brought them more maybe? But probably not that many... unless the US already got the max. tradeskill cap made higher.

I can comfirm that the trade skill cap does go above 1000 on the US servers soon or even now.

I got the information from a reliable source.

O

old.Carnak

Ok i will ask high levelers...

for information, thats sounds like a good idea. I dont KNOW this weaponcrafter, i just did /broad in camelot for a high level weaponcrafter. Some guy msged me back and asked what i wanted and i said alloy polearm, to which he replied that they couldnt be made. Well maybe i should go to camelot and do:
/braod hey crafters you can scroll down you know!!!
(No offense to any crafters who knew you could scroll down :p)

Once again i thank you all for your help :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Olgark

I can comfirm that the trade skill cap does go above 1000 on the US servers soon or even now.

I got the information from a reliable source.
Yeah... that is going to be sweet, read about it some while back. Also new materials coming out if I am correct (have a very faint recollection of such a piece of text).

O

old.Hendrick

as far as I know, Netherium and Arcanium will come to us in time, maybe even with the next patch.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Hendrick
as far as I know, Netherium and Arcanium will come to us in time, maybe even with the next patch.
Wonder what AF armor and DPS weapons can be made with such a material, any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom