A True Shadowlord

B

Belomar

Recently, one of the core, old-school members of Shadowlords Society, the theurgist Thagran Silverblade (aka Swifteagle the scout), announced that he was quitting the game. Yesterday was his last day before his subscription ran out, a time we spent happily killing in Emain with our guild groups. This has inspired me from coming out of my writing hiatus and producing the following little minstrel song dedicated to his memory:
A True Shadowlord
Swifteagle, Thagran, Tangle and Horde,
A hero whose loss we ill can afford.
Stoic and patient, helpful and kind,
Better a friend you will never find.
When chaos is ruling, when times are too dark,
His courage and friendship will your road mark.
But times are a-changing, our friend goes away,
A chapter is closing, of Camelot astray.
Swifteagle, Thagran, Tangle, and Horde,
Forever the names of a true Shadowlord.
/salute

O

old.LandShark

Sad to see Thagran go, vague memories of going through pygmies with him.... :p

Also, hurray for iambics.

O

old.shotgunstow

True roleplayers ;) Nice poem, very touching :)

O

old.LandShark

The number of abbreviations, incorrect grammar and obscenities I use in-game is directly proportional to how much the guy I'm talking to is attempting to roleplay.
Bloody Mid/Pryd roleplayers driving me mad... "Hi, are you doing the third starter quest?"
"Indeed I am doing that quest, for Arni has indeed requested it"...

Not that I didn't have fun temporarily roleplaying that the lvl30 shaman I had in tow was blind, deaf, mute and only knew when to buff me because I prod him with sharp stakes.

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by old.LandShark
The number of abbreviations, incorrect grammar and obscenities I use in-game is directly proportional to how much the guy I'm talking to is attempting to roleplay.
Bloody Mid/Pryd roleplayers driving me mad... "Hi, are you doing the third starter quest?"
"Indeed I am doing that quest, for Arni has indeed requested it"...

Not that I didn't have fun temporarily roleplaying that the lvl30 shaman I had in tow was blind, deaf, mute and only knew when to buff me because I prod him with sharp stakes.

You should put up with it, it's a RPG after all ;)

D

Draylor

Originally posted by old.LandShark
:clap:

C

Ckiller ofDust

thagran to :(

guess every old skoolers r leavin :(

R

Rollie_David

Yeah thaggy was a true star of the shadowlords and one of the reasons i left mid to come back to albion, he will be sorely missed within SS.

X

xevius

One of my first friends, first members who remained loyal from his first to last day to ss.
A man of honour who showed that this game really reflect our personalities irl. He gave the word style a new meaning.

Respect............
I`ll miss you my friend. :(

S

supersaint

We miss you already Thagran,keep in touch through our forum.

K

Khalen

BB Thagran :(

Nice poetry (I believe it is called) there Belomar :)

J

jilson

i didn't know Thagran, but from the poem i can see he was a great person of albion.

very nice poem i wish if i left daoc the same would happen for me but alas i doubt that would be so.

H

heath

Cya Thaggy....gonna miss those reports of Mids or Hibs coming from you while you were busy taking them out ((o:

/salute

M

marchegiani

Bye bye swifty mate and good luck in rl. Lets hope arsenal do better next year eh mate.

/salute

C

Ckiller ofDust

Originally posted by leorin
Knip näbb lr så nitar ja dig!

:D

jag tar dig vilken dag som helst.... du ska få så mycket stryk :)

S

Spellsinger

Farewell Swifty, was you as I remember that brought me into SS.

/salute

D

dakeyras

Bye Swifty and GL.

Still remember those groups so long ago at pikes/danoins and trees. Thaggy wanting to log and us begging you to leave him /stuck to Cad so we still had bubble :)

So many names fading from this Realm.

Farewell and don't delete. Never say never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom