A trolls tale - Chapter I

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
"The morning sun has just arised over the hills of Vale of Mularn, our large troll is
slowly walking on the road, leading his horse behind him. On the horse, his daughter Dwera
sits quietly, halfasleep tierd from the long journey.
Trolls rarley use horses, they dont trust animals to carry them and there is not many
horses in midgard, strong enough to carry a fullygrown troll.

When they pass the first watchtower on the road in to the small village called Mularn,
the troll stops and watches up the hill, remembering something from passed times.
Dwera notices her fathers reactions to the old tower and dismounts the horse and comes up
to his side and grabs his arm asking:
"Whats the matter, father?"
Grivne replys slowly:
"Nothing my sweet, me just rememerd an old friend I met at this tower.
"Who father?" Dwera asked curiously.
The troll sighs to himself and it looks like he thinks.

After a while he answers, sounding like sadness has come over him.
"It was Adrira, a good friend, a fine warrior and a good leader. She died many years ago
defending our lands up in the Gate."

Dwera listens to her father, curling up under his large trollarm and gives him a hug.
"I am sure she is with Odin at his table right now, father!"

Grivne looks down at his daughter, smiling thinking he will join his old friend at Odins
table soon.

He told Dwera to sit up on the horse again and that they were soon in Jordheim, a city he
hadnt visited in many, many years, not knowing what he would meet once inside.
They started walking again and after nearly an hour they reached the small village of Mularn.

The town was pouring with life and laughter. Grivne led the horse over to the local tavern
and tied the horse up outside, Dwera dismounted and they both went inside.

When inside the small tavern they they order a breakfast and find a table.

After breakfast, Grivne tells his daugther that he is going to seek out the high priest of
Thor in Jordheim. She asks to come along with her father but the troll tells her that only
one who is a beliver of Thor and a user of his might may seek audiense with the high priest.

Dwera looks down in the ground, she mutters something to herself and nods to her father who
begins to walk towards the high councils quarters.

The young norsegirl walks around the streets of Jordheim, her hands on her back and eyes
fixed to the ground. Suddenly she bumps in to someone, she quickly looks up and her eyes is
caught by a tall norseman, his beard is big and blond, his eyes are blue7 and his mail armor
carries the mark of Eir.
He is a healer, a man dedicated in caring for and helping others.

Surprised Dwera falls to the ground after seeing this man, she feels her heart pounding in
her chest and feels abit dizzy.

All goes black before her eyes and the next thing she knows she is looking in to those deep,
brown eyes and she hears his voice for the first time saying:
"Are you alright, little one?"

He helps her to her feet and brushes off the dust from her cloak while she answers:
"I.. I.. I think so."

They start walking together and talk about everything and nothing. The healer introduces
himself as Moriad Blackbyrd, healer of Eir and defender of the Gate.

When Dwera hears his name she stops, she looks like she is thinking.. trying to remember
something.
Then all of a sudden she remembers, this man who is standing infront of her is one of those
her father has fought together with. She had been told about the many adventures her father
had lived through together with the many heroes of the old Midgard.
They were adventures she thought only were made up to make a good bed time story for a little
girl. Now she realised, in the dark streets of the big city Jordheim, that all what her father
had told her as a child, were true.

Suddenly, a big bell rings, the sound echoes through the narrow streets of the city.. Moriad
looks up towards the council hill and tells Dwera that they must make haste, big news have
come, and all of Odins warriors must be asembled at the main hall.

The two rush up to the council hall to see why the bell of Odin is ringing.

When they come inside, they see all the high priests of the houses standing in a ring around
the a large kettle.
The elder shaman of Ymir, Ohmak, is standing over the kettle, chanting in ancient troll
language, stearing with a large wooden spoon.
Then, he stops and turns to the other priests and says:
"Da time has come, invaders have breached the barriers in the Gate and are here to take our
precious artifacts of valhalla."

A low mumble goes through the room and then the troll speaks again.

"Our brave scouts up in da gate has reported a large number of slim, pointy eared creatures
wielding staffs, daggers and swords. Last report said that dey were headed towards the Forrest
of Yggdrasil and we fear for the saftey of the Horn of Valhalla."

The high priest of Odin raises from his chair, he is a large dwarf, big red beard and hair,
brown eyes, mail armor and a large hammer at his side. He talks with a mighty voice that
echoes through the room.

"The council of the houses have decided to send out a party of warriors to investigate this
matter. The party has been chosen and leader of the party will be Grivne the thane, your
bravery and experience from the past will be of great help in this task.
On your side you will have the option to chose your party or the council can do so for you.
Do you accept this task, brave Grivne of Myrkwood?"

Dwera gulps, she does not want her father to go away from her, especially not on this task
that make cost him his life.
Before she can say anything about her fears she hears her father tell Ohmak in trollish:

"Ogh Grivne, Ogh agrats da grom grod do hibernia mog!"

Ohmak nods and turns to the high priest of Odin and tells him:

"The mighty Grivne accepts, but he do wish to take his daughter with him to face the forces
of Hibernia."

The dwarf strokes his beard, wrinkling his forehead and nods.

"Very well, she may come with him, it might give her some life experience."

Then all goes quiet, but only on what can be seen, Dwera is sitting on her chair, in the back
of the large room, trembling, heart pounding even harder in her chest, she does not know
what is to come..
But finally, she may finish her training in the shadowblade arts of war.

Dwera raises, thinking she must see the head of the house of Loki to seek council before she
talks to her father..."

--------------
Please give me some feedback, if liked i might wright some more of the adventures of grivne and Dwera ;)

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
that was actually ok :), you made a couple of spelling mistakes, but thats nothing really, the story wasnt bad, and i was actually slightly annoyed not to find the rest when i got to the end, so yeah, it is quite good :)

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
first time i read Dusksinger's stories about brave midgardian tales i had this aroused trembling all over my body , but since he stopped i thought i had lost it....now you gave it back to me, i thank you for that , and now get back to to the WRITING MARSH!

/alex

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Grivne please carry on with your story its left me wanting more!

the only drawback and thats a continuity error (i think) dwera first see's the healer who has blue eyes. when she faints and comes round she looks into his Brown eyes.

keep up the good work though :D

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Grivne please carry on with your story its left me wanting more!

the only drawback and thats a continuity error (i think) dwera first see's the healer who has blue eyes. when she faints and comes round she looks into his Brown eyes.

keep up the good work though :D

yeah.. i had to rewright that bit as i rememberd Moriad was blond and blueeyed :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
more is inc.. i have a 3 hour flight to london this evening so got to do something then! :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Grivne wru? did the plane land? where is the next part of your tale....i cant wait much longer

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Very good story, give u credit on it, very interesting. Still gonna hunt u down in game tho, as u once said on Msn to a friend of yours that lil inf called Stabb looks tasty :p

Bring it :p

Eyeball

Loyal Freddie
didn 't read it all but the part i did read was very good imo, ever thought of teaming up with a cartoon writer or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom