A Trolls Tale: Chapter 3 - Preparing for combat

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
"The party was waking up at the dawn of the second day of their journey to the last milegate, wich protects the realm of Midgard against the invasion of the knights of Albion and the elfish magicians of Hibernia.

Grivne was standing outside of his trollsized tent, stretching his arms in the air.
He is leaning against a big tree that is providing cover to his tent.

All of a sudden a shortrange sword flies by his face and nails deep into the tree.
When Grivne turns to look at it, he realises that there is a small creature, from the celtic lands of Hibernia, hanging in his cloak from the sharp blade.

The little creature has his blades drawn and is trying frenaticly to get a stab in against the aproacing troll.

Grivne looks at the little lurikeen and lets out a loud sigh, making the creature tremble in fear and drop his blades.
The troll pulls the sword out of the tree, patting it gently and whispers in his trollish tongue:

- There there, it is over now.

He then holds the blade up infront of his eyes and reads silently from it: "Loki is watching over you, father".
His other hand holding the small lurikeen by the cloak, hanging from his hand.

Grivne closes his eyes and reams himself back to the days when his daughter, Dwera, was just a little girl, practicing her first ways in the art of Loki, with her dull practice daggers. A wide trollish smiles and a little tear in his eyes rakes across his old, wartorn face.

He puts the blade carfully in his belt and turns to his prisoner and spoke in the hibernian common language:

- Why are you here lurikeen? Why are you lurking around our camp?

The lurikeen is trembling with fear, scared of this large rocky creature of wich he had heard many stories about, from his elders back in his home town of Tir Na Nog.
He speaks, in his own language, to answer the troll, that he is scouting ahead for the main force, who is heading in to the lands, after the fall of the great fort of Bledmeer faste.

Grivne puts the lurikeen down and nods. Penetrating the his cloak with one of the poles holding the tent up.
Our troll smiled to himself, feeling calm as he knew that he hand friendly eyes watching over him and his party.

He turned to the lurikeen again and asked:

- How far away from the Yggdrasil forest is the Hibernian forces?"

The lurikeen didnt answer so Grivne lifted his hammer as to crush the little creature, wich now coverd his head with his arms and hands, trying to protect himself, speaking very quickly:

- They broke through the gates of Bledmeer early this morning and I doubt that the lord has been able to hold out this long.

He looked up at the large troll infront of him, knowing what the next question would be:

- THeir next target is Avrakr Faste here in the forest of Yggdrasil and after that the Great Keep of Grallahorn.

Grivne began to think about this newly attained information, he stood still for about 10 minutes, then opened his mouth and yelled out, waking up his entier party:

- MOUNT UP, We are leaving in 10 minutes!

After wich he tied the lurikeen up and put him into his backpack.

The party got ready quickly and made haste to the fortress of Avrakar Faste to prepare the troops for the battle to come.

As they arrived to the strong keep, they were greeted by a tall norsewoman, who were wielding a glowing blue bow and wearing black dyed armor.

The party went inside the keep quickly and began to prepare the troops, shaping up their weapons and armor, for the comming battle.

Grivne himself, he stands outside the gates with the norsewoman huntress. He knew her, he knew her very well.
He knelt infront of her and embraced her with the love and tenderness only a troll, who stands infront his soulmate, can show.

- Roweena, my love, I thought that I had lost you at the battle of Benowyc so many years ago.

The huntress smiled lovingly and warmly at the kneeling troll. Then suddenly, she stiffend up as a cold chill went through her spine. She heard the distant sound of celtic bagpipes and firbolg battledrums and she whisperd to him:

- My love, we should move inside and get ready, this will be a long battle.

Grivne arose and walked slowly inside the keep, his arm wrapped tightly around the norsewomans shoulder."

----------------------------------------
This is the third chapter about the old heroes of Midgard, I apologise that it is so long since i wrote last, but other things has been in the way.

I would love some feedback and please mind the spelling.

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
first.. ill read after post. Give more of this stuff, and GIVE ROOOOOOO back to finish his story !!!!!

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
This was the last chapter ill post, seeing there was no intrest for it.

Hope it was enjoyed by those who read it.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
have secretly been working on the followup to this chapter!

is there an intrest in reading it? :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
such a sneaky post tbh !
bring on more :D

"frenaticly ", did you mean fanatically? or have i misunderstood?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Post more Griv and express yourself, this section is for being creative and you have some nice ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom