A Trolls Tale: Chapter 2 - Return to the Shadows

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
This is the followup chapter where Dwera, a young shadowblade is confronted by the highcouncil of Loki, wether or not she will be allowed in to the master ranks of the Guild.

Previous chapters: said:

------------
The kobold shadowblade was standing in a corner of the room, he was silent, his right hand was holding his chin and slowly shok his head while listning to the masters discussion about the young shadowblade, all dressed in green, that was standing infront of them.

The kobold suddenly exclaimed:
- Master Viras, your arguments are innacurate and insulting to this, one of our most experienced field operatives.

The norseman master turned his head towards the kobold and hissed:
- Master Durgi, your interuptions are as expected as they are rude.
You are no longer a member of this council and have no say in its matters,
All since..

The former master lifts his eyes from the floor and looks directly in to master Viras ey eyes and speaks with a low voice:
- All since that incident with the two saracens and the lurikeen, yes I know. My ability to show mercy and your jealousy towards it is what made you vote me off the council, but do NOT let your hatred for me affect your judgement when it comes to my the compleatation of my students training.

Meanwhile the masters argue, Dwera has had her eyes fixed, as the codex of The Order of Loki says. "Do not see the faces of Loki." Wich in short ment that a member of the Order was not allowed to see the faces of the highest masters.
Dwera now lifted her eyes from the floor, looking directly in to master Viras eyes, whom instantly grabbed the shaft of his swords that were resting at his sides.

Dwera took the edges of three throwing daggers, her eyes changing from master Viras to her own master, Durgi the kobold, then back to master Viras.
During this moment had jumped out, was midair towards Durgi with the razor sharp blades aimed towards the kobolds heart.

Fast as lightning itself, Dwera throws all three daggers at the attacking shadowblade master, hitting each of his hands and one in the foot, making him fall to the floor.
In the same moment, before the injured norseman master has fallen to the floor, Durgi has rolled over the floor and stops at the seemingly lifeless master Viras.
Durgi draws his short dagger and holds the sharp edge against the throat of master Viras and whispers, so low that only a trained ear can hear it:
- What shall happen to him, oh high master of Loki? This master who dares to break one of the most sacred laws of Loki.

Then, after a few moments of unbreakable silence, an old man steps out of the shadows, old and scarred by war, the gray color of his cloak and robe is only matched by the one in his beard. He sets down the staff he is wielding and with a commanding voice he says:
- Enough of this! We have more apressing buisseniss to attend to, other then your internal fighting.

All the masters kneel infront of the old man, left standing is Durgi the kobold and his apprentice Dwera, daughter of Grivne the troll.
They both take off there hoods, showing there faces to the crowd of masters.

The old man looks at Durgi and says:
- Durgi Silvarion, my old friend and brother in arms, you have done a fine job in training this girl and I am proud of you.

Durgi, not saying a word to reply kneels next to master Rian, following the handgesture of the old man, his kneeling means that he accepts to once again be part of the High Council of Loki.

The old man turns to dwera nd speaks with a booming voice:
- And you Dwera, daughter of Grivne, the only troll who ever have visited these halls, you have become everything and more that Ohmak forsaw when you were born.
But before your training can be compleated, I have one last task for you.

Dwera nods her head in acceptance, then the old man continues:
- You are to follow your fathers group, at a distance, I want you to help them from the shadows. But most important, do NOT let them know of your presence. You are at no circumstances to talk to your father.

Dwera nods slowly again, then disapears out of the masters sight.

A moment later, at the northern gates of Jordheim, Grivne and his party are getting ready to start there journey to the snow coverd regions of Odin's Gate.
The members of the party consist of:
Grivne the troll thane, Cerbie the dwarfette healer, Ohmak the troll shaman of Galpen, Moriad the norseman healer and Belorfyn, Moriads kobold spiritmaster brother.

They are preparing there horses and making sure there gear is in top shape.

Meanwhile, at the milegate protecting Odin's Gate from Albion invaders, a group of five shadows cover parts of the battlements...

----------
This was the third chapter in the story about Grivne, Dwera and there friends.
Feedback would be great :)

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Nicely written, Viras actually tried to kill Durgi I take it? Bit confusing that part :) As they're both kobolds

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Niroth said:
Nicely written, Viras actually tried to kill Durgi I take it? Bit confusing that part :) As they're both kobolds

Master Viras in this story is a shortgorwn Norseman ;>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom