A tidy netgraph.....

O

old.Monyet

anyone know how to get one? whenever i look at mine it's a total mess!!

does anyone know what it actually means? there're loads of different colours and all that....

c'mon HL experts...i want the best conn possible to play CS!!

thanks,
Mon

O

old.KTM

Well I can give you an idea of what the colours mean, which might help you tweak your settings.

Green is good, the lower the better, the smoother the better, since a consistant latency is much better than one that varies.

Yellow spikes usually mean that you can raise your rate setting. Try raising it by 500 and see if the spikes disappear at all.

Red spikes, or large areas of red are bad. You are dropping packets, either your connection isn't very good, or your ISP isn't very good (maybe very busy). This is what most people call lag. Every time it goes red you will freeze momentarily. Keep moving though, sometimes when you un-lag you can find you've dodged that sentry or pipetrap while you were lagging.

Blue is very bad. I never get blue so don't really know what it means. But its bad, you might be better playing by post, with someone sending drawings of whats happening to you
smile.gif

O

old.Mad Kain

I hate that godamn new netgraph, mines a mess, and yet I need it switched on, to see how crap my connection is.
Since the patch, my frame rate has dropped beyond belief, and since I'm in software mode for now, it just doesn't help!

I want the old netgraph back!
frown.gif

------------------
[ChPt2]Kain aka [EQX]Kain

O

old.Monyet

hmm i've made a few changes but the most significant one was setting the /fps_lan setting!!!

weird really, cos i wasn't even playing on a lan....

now it's much much tidier since i've changed that....

i also use the following settings i got from tweak3d..

// ==========================
// Tweak3d Generated Settings
// ==========================
gl_d3dflip "0"
r_mmx "1"
r_dynamic "0"
r_drawviewmodel "1"
gl_keeptjunctions "1"
r_shadows "0"
firstperson
gl_ztrick "0"
cl_himodels "0"
s_a3d "0"
joystick "0"
s_eax "0"
_snd_mixahead "0.200"
m_filter "1"
gl_texsort "1"
cl_allowdownload "0"
cl_allowupload "0"
s_reverb "0"
loadas8bit "0"
hisound "1"
gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
gl_polyoffset "4.0"
texgamma "2.0"
lightgamma "2.5"
brightness "2.0"
r_decals "0"
fps_modem "33"
fps_lan "33"
gl_picmip "0.0"
rate "3000"
pushlatency "-150"
scr_conspeed "5500"
gamma "4.0"
// ======================
// ======================

seems to have helped a lot and my ping rarely increases to above 200 now
smile.gif

O

old.Kez

$*_"&%"_&%"_^!!~# - fooking Go!zilla is now catching this silly forums bloody post replies :/

Oi! Daz, the new netgraph rocks, it tells me I'm getting 10fps on bootcamp - and that I gaussed those 3 people with the gayon using pure cl_kezprediction 1
hmh.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom