A thread for new music

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Hi, i just thought id make a thread to promote new music, such as local bands you love or maybe friends bands... maybe if they have one post a link to their website where you can download mp3's, or if they've got some tracks on soundclick or something... anyway

if you live in the south look out for the Hip-Hop farmers or Carbon Bass in the southampton / Winchester area. HHF is 2 blokes, 1 rapping, 1 beatboxing, doing fucking hilarious rap tracks, such as a cover of Eminem's 'Stan', from the Car's point of view! Carbon bass is the same 2 blokes, but with a full band behind them, even better!

A friends band here - http://www.metapop.co.uk kinda musey but slower and more depressing.

kingcon

Fledgling Freddie
ok bit of an obscure post but did anyone watch Jools Holland a cpl of weeks ago? There was this girl from Scotland on "K T someone" was a soloist using a recording box with just her guitar and vocals etc.. erm if you saw it ull know what im trying to explain hehe sorry... Anyone know her full name? was awesome :clap:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Interlock
A great metal band, currently in the process of signing a record deal, going strong, well worth checking out

Deathboy
Industrial/metally/breakbeat, lots of influences, Scott the singer and principle songwriter has a couple of guises, both known as deathboy, one is him solo producing thousands of songs and releasing them online (previously a top artist on mp3.com) and in the last few years working in a full band setup. Again well worth a gander

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Basically every local band in Nottingham is playing somewhere in the city on Sunday. If you're in the area, check out as much as you can. I will be spending most of the day in Rock City, which will be hosting these great bands, (among several others including the 22-20s):

Punish The Atom
Nottingham based art-punk band, quite funky to listen to. You can hear some of their album in the "music" section.

The Magic Heroes
Quality 3-piece funk rock band. Obviously a very strong Hendrix influence, but damn good nonetheless. They're playing twice on Sunday, Rock City at 3pm and Junktion7 at 10pm. Plus the lead singer has an afro.

Amusement Parks On Fire
Strange and incredibly LOUD rock band. They use some sort of effect that causes their guitar strums to last a really really long time, then play madly. It's noisy, but the songs are actually good.

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Alright, time for a bump of this thread.

Ah well, will surfing another board I found some guy talking about this unsigned band. So I listened and I was really impressed and it just annoys the crap out of me that gothenburg style death metal bands keep getting signed while something like this does not. :rant:

Anyway, they are called Memfis and have members from Burst(swedish band, dunno if anyone knows em) for example. Well anyway, I could trace shitloads of influences, Opeth being the ridiciously obvious one especially on Breathless. Anyway, enough of my jabbering:

http://w1.550.telia.com/%7Eu55011596/Memfis-Breathless.mp3

http://web.telia.com/%7Eu55011591/Audio/coveritup.mp3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom