A thought on the artifact. Camper/raiders disputes

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Reading all thease Arti encounter arguments got me thinking
I was thinking i kinda like the 15-20 min "rule" or even say 30 mins

if you come across a camper, talk to him pm & say..if he dosent respond well i would have no prob starting the encounter, how ever if he does respond, i would give him say 20 mins to start it, if he cant within that time..tbh Tough luck..

there are alot of people that are out for thease artifacts, and denying a FG the Chance to try for something you cant accomplish really dosent seem fair.
but as always imo have a feel for the situation, and dont be greedy..if the person that is camping a site has even a slim chance of pulling it of, for the love of god let him.."go do another encounter and come back"
and the same applies the other way around..if you know that you do not have a chance of pulling it off with say 20 mins well let them have it, there will be other chances for you, or join then get a chance for the item + credit

Any how..was just an idea for a general mutual understanding between campers & raiders

Anyway feel free to comment, flame if you must, discuss,'
it's just an idea

/..Olga

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Olgaline said:
Reading all thease Arti encounter arguments got me thinking
I was thinking i kinda like the 15-20 min "rule" or even say 30 mins

if you come across a camper, talk to him pm & say..if he dosent respond well i would have no prob starting the encounter, how ever if he does respond, i would give him say 20 mins to start it, if he cant within that time..tbh Tough luck..

there are alot of people that are out for thease artifacts, and denying a FG the Chance to try for something you cant accomplish really dosent seem fair.
but as always imo have a feel for the situation, and dont be greedy..if the person that is camping a site has even a slim chance of pulling it of, for the love of god let him.."go do another encounter and come back"
and the same applies the other way around..if you know that you do not have a chance of pulling it off with say 20 mins well let them have it, there will be other chances for you, or join then get a chance for the item + credit

Any how..was just an idea for a general mutual understanding between campers & raiders

Anyway feel free to comment, flame if you must, discuss,'
it's just an idea

/..Olga

20 minutes is a long time. Almost every location can be reached in 5 minutes. If people want it they will suicide or equivilent. The longest it's ever taken me to get somewhere is 5 minutes and that's because I had to run solo to amg emain and for once wan't stealth zerged!

None of this is enforcable though, it's down to the individuals own personal set of morals and standards as to what they do.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
This is how i would approach it as well. 15-20 min is a reasonable time to give a camper to start an encounter if its up and he needs more people to complete it.

Tbh its pretty sad that ToA has fostered a sense of "civil war" (as someone put it) in the realm. I wish Mytich would increase the respawn rate on all artifact encounters so that these conflicts wouldnt occur - if ppl knew they could just come back in 30 min or so and do the encounter themselves they would probably dont feel the need to "steal" a camped site. Nor would ppl have to camp them in the first place.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
aye i know it isnt enforceble, and i'm not saying it should be..
more of a Gentlemans agreement so to speak..in other words..

ok you were here 1'st..so we'll give you say 20mins til we come back here..if by then your stil alone and do not have any mates inc to try, we Earn the right to try for it without any hard feelings from you..or the other way around ok i see you have a FG so i'll try and get people together now..and attempt it..if i stil havent got any people by then i'll let you have it or join me ?

this way all win imo, the grp can move on to other encounters and come back in 20mins to check, and the one who has spent time camping can try and get a grp going to do the encounter..again it's just a thought...

same goes for Pbaoe grps, no one can enforce lists, but most respect then none the less...or xp'ing camps and so on..

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
This is how i would approach it as well. 15-20 min is a reasonable time to give a camper to start an encounter if its up and he needs more people to complete it.

Tbh its pretty sad that ToA has fostered a sense of "civil war" (as someone put it) in the realm. I wish Mytich would increase the respawn rate on all artifact encounters so that these conflicts wouldnt occur - if ppl knew they could just come back in 30 min or so and do the encounter themselves they would probably dont feel the need to "steal" a camped site. Nor would ppl have to camp them in the first place.

guess it's difficult for them to balance it. They could up the spawn rate to make it easy for everyone to get, but then again artificats are supposed to be really hard to get. Personally i'd like to see it that all artifacts were trickier to get than they are at the moment and even rarer.

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
20 mins aint that long... 5 mins is much too short a time to get required ppl to a spawn spot.

15-20 mins sounds like a nice and reasonable amount of time and would allow for people to arrive at just about any spawn spot no matter how remote, and would simply be common curtesy from any respectful player/guild.

I agree ... if the person/camper is afk for longer than a few minutes (allowing for a brew/pee break) ... then they have no acceptable claim over the spawn.

Bee Man

Fledgling Freddie
We have 2 person in guild, who can hold chars on arti-spot... almost 24/7.
So we can "claim" 3-4 art spots forever (lol).

Not long time ago they ask about that, but guild-leaders says - "no".

Wish i see all whines on FH if answer was "ok"...

P.S. Lucky NP, they did almost all arts before that crap begin :p

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds nice imo.

Sad thing is those ppl who cannot think like this: "i just go for it another time" mostly the "core-gamers" who works 2 - 3 times a week to pay the internetbill and the subs.

Live with it, theres ignorant ppl out there, in all 3 realms :)

Have fun.(or at least try to..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom