A theory about effective crafting

O

old.Hendrick

Do it at 1 am CET. Yesterday I got 6 (Yes, SIX!!!) gains in weaponcraft in a row. Yes, six adamantium flanged maces => +6 skill in weaponcraft. Brought me up to the evil 666 weaponcrafting:flame:

Just a thougt, not really proven, but it really seems to me that I get my best skil gains at around 1 am. Very strange.

S

SFXman

Nice, I remember that apparently in UO the less people crafting the more gains, don't ask me where the logic is.

O

Olgark

The logic behind it is there are only so many skill points per hour that can be given out.

Also I have found that if you stay in one place crafting your skill does not go up as much as if you move around a little. Also early mornings like at 7 am to about 9 am seem to have alot of gains as well.

Or it could be my imagination playing tricks on me.:eek:

F

fatgit

Hmm

Never noticed an increase at any given time, but I can say that cloth from Nalinya seems to be extremely good for gaining from :)

O

old.Veritreus

I always keep my secondary skills at their max (ie my armourcraft)... I always feel cheated when it gives me a gain in something other than my main skill cos I figure that could have gone into gaining me an armourcraft instead :)

Oh, the superstitions of crafters.

J

Jupitus

I try not to watch for gains.... just fill yer bag to the brim and start hitting the button :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Jupitus
I try not to watch for gains.... just fill yer bag to the brim and start hitting the button :)
That is a great idea :)
You can just go "Wooooooooo, look at my skill now!" :D

O

old.Veritreus

Sure... until you reach 600 skill and it starts taking over a minute per item...

*hits button for an hour*

Whoo! I've gained 3 skill points!

;)

Why can't it be faster :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Veritreus
Why can't it be faster :(
Because then it would be too easy, you don't want another UO power-levelling/crafting and fucked up economy do you :)

O

old.Hendrick

You won't believe it, but yesterday I had 11 skill gains in a row. Yes, 11. Eleven points in weaponcraft. Got from 669 to 680 in an hour. I still can't believe my luck. In total, I now gained 36 skillpoints in weaponcraft from 3 evenings of work.

:clap:

O

old.Veritreus

Originally posted by SFXman

Because then it would be too easy, you don't want another UO power-levelling/crafting and fucked up economy do you :)

Well all right, let me rephrase that...

Why can't it be faster for me?

:D

L

lairiodd

I have spent the last few weeks leveling since I ran out of consignments money. Anyway I went back to powerleveling my skill and I forgot how slow it is. How did I ever have the patience before :) .

Anyway, so both the mids and the albs have superiority in weaponcrafting. This is not good. Once I hit 682, I will be switching to shields, and then there will be no stopping me ... until I hit 720ish :)

As for your late night skill theory ... isnt working for me ... So far I have got 1 skill point for 4 attempts :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Veritreus

Well all right, let me rephrase that...

Why can't it be faster for me?

:D
Because... no-one gets special privilidges! :)

O

old.Hendrick

Try crafting in your merchant-frontier keep. Seems faster to me. And is more fun, you never know when a Über-Mid shows up and kills you with one shot ;)

L

lairiodd

hmm would that be the merchant keep that is currently occupied by those norse invaders. Hmm, I could try going there but I have a feeling that the automated defenses would rip me to pieces before I got my first sword made. Maybe when I get to level 50, I could stealth in and make the weapons understealh.

BTW, do the merchants in the merchant keeps sell to foreigners? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom