A Tale of Dartmoor, Acietha, and Griffon Knights

O

old.Tyraette

Found this one laying around my vault. Its awful, its shit, but served its purpose. a) it was a grats on 50 for Acietha, Shaeffer Style, and b) it was a practice for a battle scene <where Im shit scared I'm gonna fall down on Loyalty with>

Anyway, thought i'd put it up so I can cringe and make myself write better :p

=========================================

Shaeffer glanced around, and smiled. How the bloody hell did we end up here? He thought wryly to himself.

The valleys of Dartmoor were expansive and untouched by the hand of man. The civilisation that was epitomised by the spires of its jewel, Camelot, had no influence on the gravelled wastes or tree-speckled valleys. Far from the heart of Albion, the land had a wild, untamed chaos about it, populated mostly by the 'Granite Giants'. Tall, blue skinned, with a hide like thickened leather, the local people that called Dartmoor hom had little dealings with the outside world. Fiercely territorial, they viewed their lands as sacred ground, and would attack any trespassers without mercy. Even if those unfortunates who had, had no knowledge of where they were.

'I think the phrase I'm looking for, is 'Cirwanesque' he muttered dryly, before eyeing the horizon once more. Grinning, Acietha poked him in the ribs. 'Getting scared hun?' she asked mockingly. Pointing to the line of Granite Stonelords, the most ferocious warriors of the Dartmoorians, Shaeffer raised an eyebrow. 'I thought you knew me better than that, Princess. I'm not overly bothered about my own safety. Call it a mild concern for the Griffons.'
'Pfft,' retorted Gondo. The tall Griffon Knight mercenary drew both his blades, curved jambiya's of strongest Arcanium, and grinned. 'Don't you worry about us,' he said loudly, waving one of the swords towards the 14 Griffons beside him. 'My boy's are looking forward to this.'

Drawing his own daggers, Shaeffer checked their sharpness, muttering darkly all the while. 'Bloody highlanders. Anyone would think you led us here deliberately! This was supposed to be a relaxing stroll in the park. I dont recall getting lost and wandering onto bloody Stonelord ground as being part of the plan!'

Lamagra, clad in his suit of plate armour, couldn't help but laugh. 'Go on, admit it Shaeff, you were hoping for a bit of action.' The stocky paladin clapped him on the shoulder. 'Anyway, either way, I suggest you get ready,' he said, nodding at the horizon.

Turning, Shaeffer felt the familiar rush of adrenaline, as the line of 7ft warriors charged down from the hill towards them.
'Cernunnos take thee,' he muttered softly

O

old.Tyraette

Shaeffer couldnt be certain, but were he to guess, he'd say that about half an hour of fighting had passed since the charge. The first wave had been short and bloody, with most being cut down before they even reached the waiting swords and shields. Midge's arrows had taken 3 or 4 before Shaeffer had time to blink, whilst others were blown back by icy blasts from Axiom the theurgist. Whilst the other giants were engaged however, more and more surged through the valley, seeking to overwhelm the trespassers.

Shaeffer had no time to think on events that had already taken place however, and ducked and rolled, narrowly avoiding the crushing blow of a hammer as it swung through the air. Whilst moving to his feet, he rammed out a leg, catching the knee of his oppenent, further unbalancing him. Whilst the giant staggered, Shaeffer leapt in, sliding a dagger across its throat, before pushing the dying attacker to the ground.

Glancing to his left, he saw one amble towards Acietha from the side. Unsure as to whether she had seen it, Shaeffer hurled one of his blades, noting with satisfaction as it thundered into the giants heart. Hearing the sound, Acietha turned before hammering an uppercut into its chin, sending the giant back. As it fell, she leapt towards it, and withdrew the dagger, before throwing it back to Shaeffer. 'Ta hun,' she winked, before running off to assist Lamagra with a pair of giants.

All around him, the Griffons battled, giving no ground. Several had fallen, but Shaeffer could not see who. Away to the north, he could see still more giants flooding in. Finding himself next to Gondo, he clapped him on the back before pointing at a group of roughly 10 giants that had formed themselves into a crude wedge. At their head, a huge, even by Dartmoor standards, giant wielded a massive two handed hammer that was almost as big as he was. With apparent ease, he swung the hammer, and caught a Griffon full in the chest, sending him flying, before shouting out a warcry.
'Fancy something stupid?' Shaeffer shouted, trying to make his voice heard over the racket. Grinning, Gondo nodded. 'Always m'friend, always.'

Circling round to the side of the valley, the pair worked together in tandem, despatching the few who opposed them, before gradually finding themselves behind the wedge. Glancing at each other for confirmation, the pair nodded and charged, barrelling into the rear. Stabbing and slashing, the two dual wielders formed a bladedance, cutting through the group. Time and time again, the blades snaked out, tearing into throat, groin,and heart, before returning to centre of the whirlwind. Soon, they had forced their way through the group, until only the huge giant remained of them.

Splitting up onto either side, Shaeffer and Gondo stalked cautiously. Leering at them, the giant's voice boomed out. 'Moran mighty. Big strength. Crush you. And you. Time to die!'

O

old.Tyraette

With a haste that belied his appearance, Moran lunged, scooping up a shocked Gondo, before tossing him like a ragdoll against the side of the valley. Taken aback by the speed and ferocity of the move, Shaeffer took a step back, before steeling his resolve and approaching more cautiously.
'Your friend gone ride. My friends come soon,' he gestured to the hill line behind Shaeffer, where still more giants were coming through. 'Them get your friends. Me though. Me send you for ride too.'

Hurling himself to his left, Shaeffer barely avoided the giant, and hurriedly rose to his feet. Moran stood waiting, grinning, and removed the twohanded hammer from its position on his back. The grin though, dropped from his face, shortly before the hammer did likewise. All the onrushing giants, who mere moments ago had been anxious to reach the Griffons, froze as if mesmerised, staring with horror at something in the sky. Confused, Shaeffer turned, trying to see what had terrofied them so, but could see nothing. Then he caught sight of Acietha, face wracked in concentration as she chanted words that Shaeffer couldnt understand.

First one giant, then a second, turned and ran, starting an avalanche as one by one all the giants retreated back the way they came, until only Moran still stood. The fear on his face was replaced by anger at whatever apparition Acietha had summoned, and he shouted out. 'Moran know no fear. Moran Mi-' His voice was cut-off though, as Shaeffers blades appeared in his throat as if from nowhere. Dropping to one knee, the huge giant continued to stare with hatred, gurgling as he tried to scream his defiance at the demon in his mind, before finally toppling over.

Rushing over to Acietha, Shaeffer steadied her, before her legs buckled and she collapsed into his arms. 'The 50th spell, Shaeff. I mastered the 50th spell!' She muttered, before slipping into welcome unconsciousness.
'Aye princess, that you did. No more have you to learn,' he whispered, before scooping her up.

Seeing a bloodstained and battered Lamagra, he called out. 'We'd best make a move. Gather up the dead and wounded. Theres a celebration tonight. And for the Lights sake, someone wake up Gondo. Lazy tart fell asleep on the job.'

O

old.SadonTheGrey

one of these days tyr old friend, you will realise the key to good story telling

(i'll give u a clue, its something u need 2 include)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
one of these days tyr old friend, you will realise the key to good story telling

(i'll give u a clue, its something u need 2 include)

An old fart like you? *cough* *cough*

:p

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Your mind evolves quickly young one ><

Users who are viewing this thread