A Survey!

O

old.Tohtori

What would make you buy(from a legal store etc legal shit) a game instead of d/l:ing(warez..whatnot..copy) it for free?

K

kuragari

Well, first off it's gotta be a game worth buying...

... second is slapping a CD Key on the thing so I'd have to go and buy it.

T

taur

long /play time, onlineplay
buying a singleplayer game which you will be done with in 15hours is just not worth it (tho i dont even play sp games anymore, except its really good, happens twice a year or so ;) )

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Morality?

I always buy my software, music, dvds. Anything else is theft.

W

Whoodoo_RD

a) Price - if its sensible enough
b) Gameplay - if I liked the demo, no demo I wont buy
c) Longivity - will it keep me going more than 5 minutes.

I dont as a rule pirate games, the ones I do play are worth every penny, i have the originals of the Half Life series, not the mod versions for example. From time to time I have been given pirate games, but I dont tend to play too many like that, and if its any good, and needs a unqiue CD key (for a WON ID etc) ill go buy it anyway.

As for music, yes I DL a fair bit, and ppl like Madonna can STFU moaning about it, CD prices have hardly dropped since they first came out, yet the price of the media itself has plumetted, so they should learn to stop being so greedy IMO. But again, if its a good album, Ill buy it (Meteora for example).

S

Sibanac

uther lazyness, I cant be arsed to look for some warez for 2h then spend 5 hours dling it at 50KB/s

C

Cavex ElSaviour

nice gfx that can also be played on a "lesser"pc. Good gamplay. high addiction value. Bringing something extra to your gaming expierence. but most important, when you buy the game you indirectly encourage the developers to make more/new games. so it has to be worth in the whole line.

Ohh. and ofc originality.

Warez is good for singleplayer games you play for a few days and delete them. no use to buy and throw away after a few days.

W

Worm_th

Try before you buy... always prefered to try something out first before wasteing my hard earned cash on some shite game.

If i like it i buy it, if i dont it gets deleted and never darkens my HD again

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Morality?

I always buy my software, music, dvds. Anything else is theft.

aye, I heard of that myth, morality... wierd story though

C

Chenuba

whenever there's a game that sounds interesting to me, I'll read a lot about it, DL the demo (if there is one) and then buy the game if it's good.

O

old.Biohazard

Prices which are not based on a 75% profit margin.

O

old.yaruar

I wouldn't. I know far too many people who work in the games industry.......

T

the_smurflord

With most things, software, music, films etc, I normally downloaded them from illicit sources. If I enjoy them and want to keep them, I go out and buy the original, after all they've earnt my money.

CD Keys also make me go buy stuff. But I've wasted too much cash in the past buying stuff I've hated.

L

lacroix

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Morality?

I always buy my software, music, dvds. ....

Me too .... - having said that, I do accept it if friends come and give me a d/l cd etc ...., but I wouldn't do it myself or ask for it ... ;)

O

old.Kerosene

Games bought in last 6 months..

SI
Sim City 4
Champ Man 4
MOHAA
Half Life (again coz I lost my CD key)
Colin McRae 2
Fallout
Freelancer

Games downloaded in last 6 months

Chessmaster 9000
MOO2
Monkey Island collection
Frontier (Elite 2)

um... I suppose if it's an old game or a game I'm not at all sure about then I'll d/l it. If it's something I really want then as Sibanac said, it's pure lazyness so I buy :)

O

old.Elrond

I download most games tbh to see what they are like, if they are good and playable online I'll buy them as chances are a) they need a valid cd key for online play b) I'm likely to play them for months; quake 3, daoc, c&c for example - in which case I dont mind the price tag as I get long enjoyment from them. If I warez anything its the single player games that tbh, are generally so easy I complete them in 2-3 days (wolfenstein anyone?) and these are definately not worth the £35 price tag.

edit: for the official records, I have never warez anything of any nature...

O

old.Elrond

oh, I suppose I should answer the question:

Single player games that have more than a couple of days played time on the hardest difficulty

Multiplayer games that provide prolonged enjoyment.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I downloaded Life from God.com but and its ok. Am told Afterlife is quite good but I'm not sure I want to try it yet.

S

Sharma

Bringing down of intial prices...

a look lovely new game...

<looks at price tag>

45 quid??!?!?!!?!

screw that get pirate

T

The Fonz

Have to agree with the above post to be honest.

As soon as people stop ripping off customers by having the cheek to charge around £40 - £50 for a game then I'll start buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom