A small but nice Shrouded Isles video

O

old.CrazyMuppet

This link has a movie about some middies owning a few mobs.

Nothing spectacular on itself... but the movie is made from the new Shrouded Isles engine...

Watch the shadows and enjoy :)

http://www.malvision.com/new.htm

G

Gef

Someone been breaking the NDA on that one methinks

F

Flimgoblin

Nice :) I like the shiny effect on the ice root animation...

and the styles look cooler - is that the animation blending? or is it just the midgard styles :)

O

old.LandShark

I really hate to say this, but..
fuck shadows
fuck animation blending
fuck reflections

all i want is decent FPS.

O

old.job

Well they do promise that framerate is fixed as well, and I've read really good reports that RVR framerate is perfect ,even with full effects on ..so here's fingers crossed it's true!

S

SFXman

First of all I'd like to know the specs of the system used there. Second I would love to have a maybe ~100mb version (whatever a 3x or 4x res takes) made with maybe triple or quadruple the resolution compared to this.
I like the look of the shadows and generally the graphics seem some bit better... you could see it more clearly if this larger version was made...
Originally posted by old.job
Well they do promise that framerate is fixed as well, and I've read really good reports that RVR framerate is perfect ,even with full effects on ..so here's fingers crossed it's true!
If this holds to I will be so happy. Especially if I get one of those sweet Radeon 9700 Pro's at Christmas :)))
Even if not it'll still kick butt.

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by old.LandShark
fuck shadows
fuck animation blending
fuck reflections

*makes a cross motion across his chest with his right hand*

Amen my brother.

J

Jiggs

its quite emotionally distressing the way americans always feel the need to set these movies to heavy metal music.

a little jazz next time pls

S

SFXman

But if you get them all in one, including the good FPS that is always better :)
You can turn fancy graphics off most likely and that will be EVEN better for you :)

D

Damon_D

to low res to realy see the diff , except shadows.. well we got shadows in UO 3d and from there it only got worse...hope we get some nice eye candy and mucho fino fps...shadows is just flimflam

A

Aeternus

Originally posted by old.LandShark
fuck shadows
fuck animation blending
fuck reflections

Thats included, at least from what ive heard... and it was with some 500mhz comp so thats always a good sign.

But im just happy ill finaly get some payback (visually) for all those months starving on macaroni and mircowave pizza to afford my new computer...

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Aeternus
and it was with some 500mhz comp so thats always a good sign.
If that is true... well, nice. Then again is a 500mhz computer with a R9700Pro? I guess that card is way over that CPU though :)

C

Cerverloc

Boy I can't wait till shrouded isles comes. COME BABY COME TO ME!!!

S

saltymcpepper

a 500mhz cpu will bottleneck a radeon 9700 by a long way.
itll be the same kind of performance with having a gf3 classic as a radeon 9700 on that kind of cpu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom