A single "servers" forum?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Is there any point in having a "Servers" subforum, to help people find other players on their server? Obviously having a forum for every server will be too much. I'd expect threads for: "who else is playing on PvP#4" , "Alliance starting on PvE#3" type threads to appear in General Discussion, unless there's a forum ready for it.

I'd guess most people will want to gauge activity on theirs, and other servers. Something like this could help ;)

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
why would that help, since by far the majority of people will be using the official forums as they do on the US side. Personaly sounds like too much of a headache to do that here

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Cause the official forums suck and all the GM's are power-hungry pigs deleting every thread where people come with a sensible complaint against them and banning people for lame reasons.

Another forum is MUCH better, like FH houses the daoc forums. Gives the players a freedom of speech instead of having to be moderated over and over.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Since when is freedom of speech a good thing for forums? Have you ever read the usual posts that tend to arrive when forums go unmoderated?

Vesuvius

Fledgling Freddie
think this was already discussed a while back.

it ended with:

the huge amount of servers would seperate the FH community to much.
this wasnt a huge problem in DAoC cos there was only two english servers.

it went on but it was a while back and my memory aint what it used to be :(

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
blizzard forums are annoying closes when servers are down etc. + the forum structure on FH is way better :)

Anyway i would love a server forum for each server like in daoc, but if there get 40+ servers that would be hard i guess :)

Ziva

Fluffy
I personally don't see any reason to make subforums per server. I mean, what would be the benefit in that except beeing able to find out who plays where?

I can understand a split between PvE, PvP and RP but not a subforum per server.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can understand right now alot of people trying to find out where others are setting up etc and it's causing a fair number of threads. However, the need will be short-lived as we get past the weekend so I won't create a sub-forum just for it to be taken away in 2 weeks time :)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Ziva said:
I personally don't see any reason to make subforums per server. I mean, what would be the benefit in that except beeing able to find out who plays where?

I can understand a split between PvE, PvP and RP but not a subforum per server.

same reason as on the daoc boards, to discuss whats happening on Your server trade stuff etc i would love a forum build up like that.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I reckon if we get enough people on one single server, it might be worth it, otherwise, we might as well use Blizzards own server specific forums.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
why not have a guild recruitment or something type of forum here?

personally using the blizzard forums gives me a headache and the mods are abit overzealous (but they seem to leave alot of the whine intact for some inexplicable reason :p )

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:
Since when is freedom of speech a good thing for forums? Have you ever read the usual posts that tend to arrive when forums go unmoderated?

ballad spams for about 4 days on every thread and then gets banned? stupid ban imo but meh moderators choice. WELCOME TO CAMLANN FORUMS :D

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Ralgedi Smurf said:
same reason as on the daoc boards, to discuss whats happening on Your server trade stuff etc i would love a forum build up like that.

Not as necessary as in DAoC since there is the Auction House facility in WoW to sell your stuff.

I don't think there's any need at all for server specific forums, it would separate the community too much. Perhaps PvP and PvE specific discussion forums might be something to look into in the near future tho.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
All you need are posters sensible enought to put "[Servername]Thread title" for the posts that are for one specific server. But some unwritten law means most posters are fuckwits. So you need attentive mods to counter-act this...or just say fuck it and hope people pick up at some point what server you're on about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom