a Short Mauler vid

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
hehe, thats a guildy of mine on US
pretty funny seeing a rr2 mauler take out a rr7 friar on classic

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Although i dont know much about the class i get the following from that video

a friar's type dmg but with better styles, with wardens pbt and vamp spells...

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm playing on Classic US cluster at the moment and if the BG's are anything to go by they are a very tough class who are kicking everyones ass in 1v1 situations and i mean all other classes. I cant comment on what they are like in NF though.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
There going to get a nerf... one day :)

We were running as a small bard-bm-hero group in Molvik last week and found a solo mauler, myself(bm) and the bard backed off and let the hero have a go one on one. Bard used a full bar of mana on healing before I jumped in and helped out - even then it took us a good 60-90secs to kill the damn thing.

On the other hand, I was in the LAB on my vamp and wtfpwned a mauler (but i had 50% power and spammed the claw - sure they dont get mana from magical attacks) quite easy to take them down with my eldritch too - baseline stun and nuke nuke nuke.

As they dont get stoicism a good root/mezz should keep a mauler out of the fight long enough to take down their support.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I really wouldn`t ant to meet a mauler solo 1 on 1 with any class tbh they`re crazy. In pve chain soloing red con mobs unbuffbotted with massive health regen abilities. Imagine a savage with self heals and self end regen with str and str/con buffs built in and your pretty close to a mauler.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Alan said:
There going to get a nerf... one day :)

We were running as a small bard-bm-hero group in Molvik last week and found a solo mauler, myself(bm) and the bard backed off and let the hero have a go one on one. Bard used a full bar of mana on healing before I jumped in and helped out - even then it took us a good 60-90secs to kill the damn thing.
QUOTE]

I was that bard, it was ridiculous Hero with moose up and good weapons and armour at 39 against a 39 mauler and seriously it was no contest the hero would have been dead in seconds. Even with me running end regen having base buffs on the hero and chain healing he`d have killed her without Alan jumping in with some positionals.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
I really wouldn`t ant to meet a mauler solo 1 on 1 with any class tbh they`re crazy. In pve chain soloing red con mobs unbuffbotted with massive health regen abilities. Imagine a savage with self heals and self end regen with str and str/con buffs built in and your pretty close to a mauler.

Seriously, I don't normally have a problem with the light eld as long as there's range :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't been playing full rvr yet but whenever I've met one in Thid I'd be better off just sitting down and letting it kill me. They're obscene, as always with the new classes.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I just read a thread on VN where some guy wanted maulers to be boosted. He complained that zerkers were likely to hit harder than him. :p
I wish my zerker would break 450 mainhand like he said...

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Was some guy on vnboards saying maulers are like free rp`s they are so easy to kill shows what they know ^^

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Alan said:
quite easy to take them down with my eldritch too - baseline stun and nuke nuke nuke.

that goes for everything a hib caster face. thats the only thing they use.

/edit: and givf a better host fgs.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
any caster should trash a mauler - all their abilities are melee range (apart from the taunt, which is the same as the savage one - i.e. 4s cast time ;) not that it interrupts anyway)

They are a bit scary in melee though. Because of the HoT you need to be doing all your damage at once, so offensive classes should do better than defensive ones. The pbt is a pain though for 2hers. Dual Wielders might find them a bit easier.

Other option is CC them and ignore them :p no charge/stoicism ;)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
The HoT is really nice, if you don't kill the Mauler in the first 15 seconds then he will become quite "unkillable" ( yeah with the whole assist train on him he will die, sometimes they die so fast but that is probably because the players don't really know the class ).

But imo I don't think its nice to have a Mauler in the group ... I had a mauler in my group for a few runs and it really wasn't that good ( tbh I had no clue what he was doing, I only saw him running around a bit or maybe I wasn't really paying attention :p ).

Not to mention that I heard him say on ventrilo "damn stupid root I can't keep up with the assist train, I feel so useless in the assist train" etc.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Had no trouble with them on my BD. Don't worry. I'm only taking him to 50 to be a PvE HoE :D

Even took two down at once...

Are they weak to magical damage or something?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Bugz said:
Had no trouble with them on my BD. Don't worry. I'm only taking him to 50 to be a PvE HoE :D

Even took two down at once...

Are they weak to magical damage or something?
No you are just leet Bugz :wub:

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
All I saw in that vid was a lotta runthrough. But it appears they are able to sustain themselves similar to vamps...let em get power and ur dead.

Im not fussed as of yet tbh.

/Dracus

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

Mauler...lol!

What.. is the thougth behind this class?

The brain-storming at Mythic during the developement of this class must have lasted for... 2 sec?

:puke:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Hero is an old class, it sucks in the BGs compared to the new classes. It would look different in end game.

Maulers are nice for PvE or solo/duo PvP, but they wear leather, in groups you can train them easily or just CC them.

Still, was a bit shocked how a lvl 39 Mauler was trashing the mobs in TDs, my Vamp and the Bard stuck to him looked like an old school duo. The fists line looks nasty, DDs, side stun, snare... They also got a matter debuff, dual legendaries... ouch.

I think I'll give a staff Celt Mauler a try soon.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jox said:
What.. is the thougth behind this class?

I think it was

Hey new guy, write out all the different class abilities on marshmallows.
Place them in a bucket
Throw a hedgehog in the bucket
Whatever ability marshmallows stick to the hedgehog write them down for the new expansion class.
If you need us, we'll be in the Warhammer room.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Doesnt look like they can do too much vs valks - slam + ragna and capped swing speed should do the trick dmg wise...

Shield, parry + hots + af charges and 50af template and your pratically invulnerable vs a class like the mauler hehe :>

Same goes for other shield users who can 2h wield to finish em off...

or reavers.. maybe hard without heals tho?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Ah more targets to grapple, gifv!
Seriously though they might be OP 1v1 but 8v8 I don't think they will be that OP, esp since they only gain power from melee hits last time I checked.
It's just like when Vamps got released and people said no class could take on a Vamp 1v1.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
I think it was

Hey new guy, write out all the different class abilities on marshmallows.
Place them in a bucket
Throw a hedgehog in the bucket
Whatever ability marshmallows stick to the hedgehog write them down for the new expansion class.
If you need us, we'll be in the Warhammer room.

:p

In the warhammer room smoking Marcs crack...

Jeros

Part of the furniture
cmon specs lines is either fists or staffs, whats wrong with swords like us normal classes ffs!

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
crispy said:
Doesnt look like they can do too much vs valks - slam + ragna and capped swing speed should do the trick dmg wise...

Shield, parry + hots + af charges and 50af template and your pratically invulnerable vs a class like the mauler hehe :>

Same goes for other shield users who can 2h wield to finish em off...

or reavers.. maybe hard without heals tho?

Apart from they have better absorb with self buffs, upto 6 sec PBT and 50% evade with 2 hot's. Plus better style's... Purge 2 and TWF3 and you can chomp Valks like cookies tbh :/ ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom