A shield in the quickbar?

O

old.Andro

Since I am new to Albion and the minstrel class I took the time and read through this guide.

http://www.kungfugeek.com/~powersong/

Luckily there was also a few hints on how to set up the quickbar since this has been my main concern until now actually. I noticed that most of them has a shield in the quickbar as well. Not what the ... does that do? I mean readying the weapon in your right hand does notautomatically ready the shield as well if it's equipped?

I

Insurrextion

yeah that's the best guide for minstrels :) and NO it does not autoequip your shield (at least not for minstrels) ... i'm hoping that it will be implemented in some patch cause it would free up some space on my already very messy quickbar :(

O

old.BJ|Bored

serves u right for having too many abilities :p

M

Madonion Slicer

Sheild on the quick bar is vital mine for my armsmen is set as

1=Crossbow
2=Sheild
3=Sword
4-7 are Slashes
8=Run

But when it come to my other alts i am switch between two quick bars and it can become very confusing at times.

P

Pfy

Aye, I've had to split my bars into 2 ... Bar 1 has my Thrust/Sheild styles and Bar 2 has my Bow/Crit shot/Stealth etc on it ...

Works ok ... apart from when i try to melee with my bow :[

O

old.Paranoid

on my quick bar.. i have...

1. Sword
2. Shield
3-4. commonly used styles
5-6. DD Shouts
7. Stun
8. Sprint

Quick Bar 2...

1. Drum
2. speed
3. manna
4. flute
5. mezz
6. Stun

O

old.Organ-Grinder

i hate minstral hot bar so much ive stopped playing my mins unless its for taxi/mezz with guild group in rvr .. my cpu sux so it wont allow me to be efficient enuff to use the hotbars properly . imo a longer hotbar with more keys that we can assign as keys be a lot better and im sure minstrals aint the only char with more than 8 hotkeys needed to be effective in rvr , so it maybe a good all round choice even just a 9 and 0 hotbar option would help a lot of chars..

O

old.Organ-Grinder

this is my lag/hot bar attempt of rvr solo :)

1st drum n speed song to ussually chase enemy
switch to flute/mezz to mezz "swapping with lag and casting takes me 6-7 seconds"
2nd switching from #2 hotbar to #1 hotbar for sword/shield takes me another 4-6 seconds then "sometimes i rush so much to get sword/shield out i hit buttoin to much and it dont recognise i try sword so i dont draw weapon :( .. if there is another mid/hib in area by the time ive even swung my 1st blow mezz has worn off or ive been ganked by mezzd foe's friend . if im lucky enuff to do all that with out dying its ok but id say 8 times out of 10 i fuck up cos of my cpu and die due to hotbar/lag :) takes to much time switching and with slitght lag its impossible sometimes to draw sword :)

B

belth

Originally posted by Organ-Grinder
im sure minstrals aint the only char with more than 8 hotkeys needed to be effective in rvr , so it maybe a good all round choice even just a 9 and 0 hotbar option would help a lot of chars..

I could fit my most used stuff in 10 hotkeys, but to freely quote Sanya (think it was her) from Mythic, "It's impossible to do"... Geez, if they can't expand the quickbar, how on earth have they managed to add anything to the game...

A

Aeiedil

before anyone says anything, i know im in the wrong forum
i find that i need ever more buttons to press though :\ atm i have :

1: Perf Artery
2: Creeping Death
3\4: Garotte Chain
5: Interchangable (usually BSII in RvR)
6: DD Spell
7: Stealth
8: Run

my problem is that soon ill have a 3rd move for the perf art chain, and a shout :\ which means that instead of my 8 buttons for pve and rvr, ill have to change :\ i guess ill have to do this

BAR 1
1-3: Perf Chain
4-5: Garotte Chain
6: DD Shout
7: Stealth
8: Run

BAR 2

1-2: Garotte Chain, or Perf\CD
3-4: Evade Chain
5: DD Shout
6: DD Spell
7:Stealth
8:Run

All in all, I need more buttons :'(

on a slightly attached note, n1 Belthazor ;) if id been paying attention you wouldnt have got the PA :D i had just got an exp group in the far south of hibernia, so was coming out to find you anyway, hoping to get you and get rp, or just to get killed for a quick ticket down south a bit ;) i wasnt disappointed :D

B

belth

Originally posted by Aeiedil
on a slightly attached note, n1 Belthazor ;) if id been paying attention you wouldnt have got the PA :D i had just got an exp group in the far south of hibernia, so was coming out to find you anyway, hoping to get you and get rp, or just to get killed for a quick ticket down south a bit ;) i wasnt disappointed :D

Hehe, I was worrying I'll get a strafe-miss on PA, but luckily didn't :D Nice fight, altho I messed up a bit and pressed Garrote instead of CD... 453rp, I like it a lot ;)
Was hoping to get Nero too, as I saw him running around earlier, but he was with a yellow con, blue con and a gray con, so I decided not to try.

Back to topic, eg. quickbars...

I have
2 bars, of which I use the second mostly and it consists of
1 stealth
2 perf
3 switch weapon
4 cd
5 stick
6 garrote
7 ah
8 sprint

Switching to first bar, which contains both garrote/ah and hamstring leaper chains and some other miscellaneous styles, if I'm in prolonged melee. All I want is to get Hamstring/Leaper chain on the stealth-bar and I'm happy ;) I can get rid of the weapon switch, but I will still need one slot...

A

Aeiedil

as you may or may not have noticed i carry a guarded rapier on my back, but rarely use it really :) dps 12 qua 93%, but the speed of 3.5 makes it a bit better for PA'ing atm, but i rarely use because of the speed being worse for general melee. when i get a diamond one though........... (may take a while, still waiting for a crafter to hit 800)

I

Insurrextion

at least u assasins dont need to change instruments (actually noone does cept us :() i have no space for a lot of skills on the 2 bars i use for RvR coz of the damn instruments :(

bar 1
1-sword
2-shield
3-stick
4-amethyst slash
5-stun
6-dd
7-dd
8-sprint

bar 2
1-stealth
2-drum
3-speed
4-stun
5-flute
6-mez
7-dd
8-dd

bar 3 for PvE just replaces stealth with power song
bar 4 is for miscellaneous stuff like healing song and confuse

got no space for sprint on most bars, no space for /face, no space for any other styles (taunt), no space for confuse - which is great to break those pesky archer's speed bursts :) heard minstrels on US forums are asking for instruments to auto-equip when we press the song button - i hope mythic implements that (well by the time goa patches that it'd be 2012 :p)

O

old.Zanaa

A question, anybody managed to re-bind the keys for switching hotbars, there is some select-group thing in settings but changing it doesnt change the annoying shift-1,2 etc in game. As mentalist i have shitloads of different spells i am using and would like to be able to use F-keys or something. U need 2qbars, I need 3.

Zana, Lliad Ddraig

I

Insurrextion

nope no way of rebinding keys :( i need to use all 4 sometimes too ... but usually just the 2 ;) hopefully mythic listens to ppl on the US boards and make the 9 and 0 keys available for quickbars, as well as make sprint and stealth bindable to a key instead of having to use spaces on the quickbar

A

Antiarch

Yup i back Ins here most minstrels use 4 quickbars, its really a pain especially when i press forward+shift+3 and i get something like /tell Outlaw where? :D:D:D ;D

My main bars look like this:

amethyst
sword
shield
dd
dd
stun
stick
sprint

confuse(cant of ....[never can recall name])
flute
dd
dd
stun
mezz
face
sprint

motivational anthem
power song
drum
lute/flute
healing song
mezz
charm
sprint

stealth
/loc
various macros
sprint

T

Talifer

I think the real problem with the quickbar is the poor programming of the keyboard input. This is what Mythic should be fixing, it's a really basic error.
When you press a key the program is notified of the keypress, and can action it as it sees fit. At this point the program should check the state of the shift key. But for some reason, only Mythic can understand, they decided not to check the shift key at this point. Instead they check the shift key when they actually come to action the user input. This results in the shift key being next to useless when things slow down i.e. RvR.
If this was fixed the 8 slot limit wouldn't be such a problem

I'm sure most people have encountered this?
You press shift+2 to switch quickbars, but my the time the game actions your input you no longer have the shift key held down so instead it just activates the number 2 skill on your current quickbar.

I've lost count of the number of times this has caused my death, since I have a quickbar for changing weapons. I switch to this, pull out my bow and shoot some people, then as they get close I switch to my melee weapons. They attempt to switch quickbars and activate a style, only to find my quickbar didn't change and now I've wielded my bow again :(

Talifer

S

Smartypants

Speaking of quickbars... Why is there only 8 quickbars with 8 slots on each??

Now, I read an interview with Sanya somewhere, where she said something about it being too hard or maybe even impossible to make quickbars with 10 slots.

Since this is EXACTLY what they have in Anarchy Online, I don't think she is right.... :p

So, how about it? Wanna give us 10 slots, Mythic? :)

B

belth

Originally posted by Smart
Speaking of quickbars... Why is there only 8 quickbars with 8 slots on each??

Now, I read an interview with Sanya somewhere, where she said something about it being too hard or maybe even impossible to make quickbars with 10 slots.

Since this is EXACTLY what they have in Anarchy Online, I don't think she is right.... :p

So, how about it? Wanna give us 10 slots, Mythic? :)

Soon they'll decide they have to "balance" the classes a bit more between each others and reduce quickbars to 6 with 6 hotkeys each :p The reason for this being "We never intended to have 8 bars of 8 hotkeys each" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom