a reposting of the full leveling guide which was on the old forums.

O

old.Charonel

These posts were on the official forums... posted by Verena and Mirandalia a while ago. hope you all find them useful. I'm going to be getting as much of the useful material out of my internet catch as possible and reposting it all here on these forums. enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[posted by verena on the official forums]

I came across a very nice list of mobs to hunt for from Level 1 to 40. I get asked quitte a lot by players what they should hunt at their level so I thought that this would be appreciated.

Keep in mind that this is aimed towards enchanters who can solo oranges so if you're another class, add some levels to it.

1 - 5
The usual mob. Mudman, water beetle collectors, etc

6 - 10
Ghostly siabra ( TNM, TNN )
Badger (TNM)
Red wolfhound (TNM)
Water beetles (MM, Ardee, etc)
Hill toad (MM, Howth ,etc)
Wind Ghoul (TNN)
Lough Wolf (TNM)
Empyrean Orb (Bri Leith)
Primrose (Bri Leith)
Barca (Bri Leith)

11 - 15
Curmudgeon (MM , TNM)
Bantam spectre ( Ardee)
Spectre (Moher)
Bocan (Moher)
Empyrean wisp (Bri Leith)
Blackthorn (MM, TNM)

16 - 20
Parthanan (Ardee, MM)
Gale (Moher)
Fishing bear
Irewood sapling ( Lough Gur, Connacht)
Curmudgeon (East Lough Derg)
Siabra ( Bri Leith)
Root worm (Spraggon Den)

21 - 25
Faerie horses (Innis, Bri Leith)
Giant ants ( Shannon Estuary)
Merman (Shannon Estuary)
Spraggons (Spraggon Den)
Rock sprite (Spraggon Den)
Walking rock (Howth , TNN)
Young irewood (TNN)
Dampwood mites (Innis)
Ghoulie (Innis)

26 - 30
Irewolf
Fee lion (Bri Leith)
Irewood
Mist wraith (Moher)
Fog wraith (Moher)
Wraith sprite (Moher)
Gorge rat (Cruachan Gorge)

31 - 35
Vehement guardian (Moher)
Phaeghoul (Moher)
Alp luachra (Basar)
Pookha (Basar)
Irewood greenbark (Bog, Innis)
Amadan touched (Basar , Bog)
Torcan / Torc (Frontier)
Aughisky (Moher, Frontier)
Evanescer (Frontier)
Ollipheist (Shannon Estuary)
Mobs in Treibh Callite , especially the fast spawn golem
Hillock changeling (Frontier , Moher)
Juvenile Megafelid (Frontier)

36 - 40
Grovewood (Moher, Collory )
Mobs in Coruscating mine
Cliff dweller (Moher)
Megafelid (Frontier)
White boar (Frontier)
Deamhan hound (Innis)
Far darrig (Innis)

41 - 50
Unknown to me
Perhaps dullahan, black wraith but I ain’t sure about it.

If you're stuck in a zone for some time and you want to know what to hunt, go take a look at this website. They're fairly updated and have a nice lists of mobs present in every zone.

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Mobs

================================================================================

Anyway. I just thought that it may be useful to repost it here for anyone who never had the chance to save a copy of it from the old official forums... I've found it to be immensely useful personally and it'd be a damn shame to lose it, hope it's useful to you,

the section posted by mirandalia is in the first "reply" since i couldnt fit everything on one post.

regards,

Charonel :)

O

old.Charonel

ok this is the part that mirandalia wrote:

[the below section was posted by Mirandalia in the same thread]

I'll continue with my own:

This list is compiled by me alone:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXP Monster Table, Hibernia
---------------------------------------
Level Description
1-3 Any blue monsters, starting point for Eldritch characters: Mag Mell
4-6 Skeleton pawns, minions, Mag Mell
5-8 Hill toads, various hills
Orchard Nippers
7-9 Wind ghouls, from Ardee straight N
11-15 Ghastly Siabras, best location near the Wind ghoul spawn
20-22 Dew Sheeries, cross lake from Tir na mBeo, across the Siabra Island...
23-24 Mist Sheeries, the forest near Sheeries
22-25 Grey Spectres, frontier
25-27 Mermen, Connla's Well

32-33 Sett Dwellers
33-34 Alp Luachras
35-36 Pookhas

Kill task table, Hibernia
---------------------------------------
Tasks received every 4'th level from a certain person.
Connla Sentinel Glynis 2, 6, 10, 14, 18
Mag Mell Sentinel Maitias 3, 7, 11, 15, 19
Mag Mell Meara 4, 8, 12, 16
Ardee Sentinel Moya 1, 5, 9, 13, 17
Tir na mBeo Guardian Andraste 2, 6, 10, 14, 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some material made by myself.. some I have gotten from various other forums.

LvL 11 - 12

Lumanshee(sp)

Just north (find the stablemaster and go north for about 100 feet or so) of Tir mBeo is a small patch of woods. There are alot of Lums to kill and also wolves are plentiful (which offer a neg on hits). mBeo is close and you can bind/sell there

LvL 15 - 17

Miner camp. Is part of your quest at 15 anyway so might as well exp there. In fact some nice gloves and items can drop from there as well. If you stay high on the hill exp is good and safe. Bind in Howth and Go straight east. Swim across the water and keep running east until you see a camp. Just north is a cove of trees. Siabra Miners and Archers are there. They hit hard but swing REALLY slow.

LvL 19 - 21

Parth Farm. This place is usually heavily camped BUT there is 2 other parth farms I have also found. One way up north in Connacth and another down south. The most popular one is the east one not to far from Meg. Either way Exp is steady and the stablemaster is a place to sell.

Lvl 22-24

Irewood Saplings in Lough Gur. Take a horse to Innis. After you cross the bridge and Tower near Connla in about 2 minutes of riding there is a tent with merchants. Jump off here. follow the path SE a little and the first patch of woods you see will have these mobs there. They are slow, stand still so you can get max range and drop good money items to run back to vendor. Easily make a gold per 30 minutes of exping here.
Quote:

Seriously, I started soloing there at level 24 and stopped around level 27. This is definitely the BEST spot for loot/exp at this level. Trees take lots of damage to arrows and you can bring most down with no melee.

(Quote made by Sixpax)

*Instead of SE from that little tent town, I'd head SW a bit (mind the Guirrite Footman!) to the treeline. There you'll find plenty of Irewood trees (they don't cast or anything so you can run away easily if you need to!), if you follow this a bit more SW, W there's a small clearing of them too...this is nicer in my opinion because then you don't have to worry about the respawning of a tree next to ya. As for the items they drop - I'd immediately drop the Ire branches...and keep the bundle of ire wood - they're worth 10s each! And buy plenty of arrrows...the little tent town doesn't have an arrow merchant*

LVL 25 - 26(?)

SW of that tent town above is, as mentioned earlier, a group of Irewoods...but also near that same treeline is a large fallen tree in the middle of a plain - full of Wood Mites or something - SO CAMPABLE! they all con-d yellow to me at 24 and there's like 20 or so all bunched up at that tree, I don't know if they susceptable to our pierce factor (arrows) as the trees are but you can bet I'll be camping there when I turn 25 or 26....

Lvl 25 - 27

Water Badgers/Merman .. Just north of the bridge near Connla in the water is two patches of water badgers and merman. Also a little further north is a split in the water , follow it for merman heaven. Badgers are good steady exp and very safe. The tower near the bridge is a place to sell and also has a vault

LvL 27 The Young Irewoods just north of Tir North gate. Easy, steady and good

Lvl 30 Siabria Wayslayers in Lower Gur. Take a horse to Innis after the merchant tents in Gur the path will split one going to innis other to bog. Jump off here and follow path toward the bog. BE careful on the path when you get through the forest the wayslayers are there. With quest bow you will kill easily.

[ok. going to post the next part in another reply since barrys world doesnt allow more then breif comments only :( figures i guess considering that most of them are fps only players :p]

O

old.Charonel

Lvl 31 Fog Wraths in Cliffs of Moher. Take horse form Ardagh to Tir Urphost.. get off and go west past the town and kill. Good money. No arrow merchant so bring lots of arrows.

IREWOODS in Mt. Collory.. just through the gates and near the emps you will see two hills with Irewoods. Steady safe EXP and the money is huge.. I made 100 gold in one day of exping and 2 levels here.

Level 32 - 34: Gorge rats/Squabblers.

Level 35 - 36: Phookas... Near Basar. Just past Ardee as you cross the bridge. There is an arrow merchant there so is great place if not camped already.

Horses in the gorge (Auquishys (sp). near the first fort on the path from Ligen ....just left of the path at the lake. Steady exp and good at 35.

Setts... as you just come out of the gate at ligen go up right hill you will see a valley Fully of blue and yellow setts.

Level 36 - 37: Imps

Level 37 - 38: Torcs

Level 38 - 39: Crum wanters .. in the gorge at about 5k 5k loc there is a valley full of them. Steady easy EXP.. huge money.

Level 40 - 42: Irewood Greenbarks. In gorge also. Near the first fort on path the woods near the lake

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 1 - 5
Any area around your starting point. This level range is really easy and pretty boring since you don't get any of your class abilities yet.

Level 5 - 7
I hunted Water Beetle Collectors and Mud Men near Mardagh... (the town just south of Mag Mell). I did this because it's FAR less camped than near Mag Mell but still within a short jog of Mag Mell and Tir Na mBeo for kill tasks. Between those two towns you never have to go anywhere else to get kill tasks. I was able to find a guard to give me a task at every level up to 20th without problems.

Levels 8 - 10
I hunted Water Beetles in the same area or moved north to the water beetle camp by Ardee if it got too camped near Mag Mell. Some nice quests in this level range also give you good equipment, don't forget to talk to Filidh's when you see them!!! Wind ghouls are also awesome experience (up north of Ardee just northwest of the bridge)

Levels 11 - 13
I hunted, for the most part, the Lunatishee's near Tir Na mBeo, the Lough Wolves on the hill north of Mardagh and also hunted some of the Large Beetles down across from Howthe and north of TNN for variety. Lots of fun in these levels.

Levels 13 - 15
Moss Sheeries! These give awesome coin in this level and the extra cash helps fund your fletching nicely to get to the broadhead arrows (which make a huge difference when soloing). There's a great camp of them if you go east from Mag Mell to the water then loop around the north side of it past the curmudgeon camp. Run along the mountainside to your left. Go past the forest on the far side of the water and you'll see Moss Sheeries there, three packs of them. Be careful of the Clubmoss ones as they always bring 2 extras with them. (Very nice at 15 as you can kill the clubmoss before he closes then melee down the 2 adds and the Group bonuses make up for the fact that they're green/blue and the coin is fantastic).

Level 16-18
Again I didn't take the more common path of killing at the Parth farms or anything. Instead I went out east of Howthe to the Sheevra Miner camp and shot them. Once they started greening out I went around the hill and hunted Sheevra swordsmen and archers for a change of pace. Also nice experience is the Dergan's (Siabra for the older players ) just past the parth farm east of Mag Mell.

Levels 19-21
For fun and excitement and a VERY under-camped area (bonuses are insane) go south to Innis Carthaig and hunt just across the road from town. Dew Sheeries galore and they also give extremely good loot for their level as well as hill hounds and other nifty mobs. Careful of wandering ghoulies though!

Another good camp in these levels is the Dew Sheerie camp far to the south of the Parth farm. Basically go to the parth farm then head south along the water's edge a ways, you'll come across dew sheeries. There are a TON of these guys in 3 or 4 separate camps as you head south along the water. You can basically kill them non-stop for hours moving down along the coast and never lose max 'bonus'.

Levels 22 - 24
Same area in Innis Carthag area there are ghoulie camps in the trees just across the road from innis. They con yellow to red at level 22 and are fantastic xp and don't BAF unless you're in a group. Excellent fun and great loot as well. If you get bored with those head across the side road to the hillside and hunt the human things (I forget what they're called) in the woods just below the rock sheerie spawn... for those who don't know this is also where Bran spawns)

O

old.Verata

Just to add to that list, seeing as there's nothing lvl 40-50. These levels are all about grouping. Try and get groups together who are within 2 or 3 levels of rach other.

Lvl 38-42
------------
Savage Fishing Bears (Lough Gur, Bog)
Pookas (Lough Gur)
Black Wraiths (Lough Gur, Bog)
Formorian Mobs (CF)
Grannies (CF)
Weeweres (Corus)
Absymals (Corus)

Lvl 43-46
------------
Banshees (Bog)
Siabra Guardians (Outside of Siabra City, if you don't mind faction)
Gorborchens (CF)
Warshades, Strikers (Sheeroe)
Azures (Sheeroe)
Pookas (Siabra City)
Eidolons (Siabra City, if you're feeling adventurous)

Lvl 46-50
------------
Siabra mobs inside Siabra City. Guardians, Archmagi, Cronicorns if you're feeling brave, etc...
High lvl mobs in CF. The ethereal werewolves, those ugly squid thing in the river, etc... (can't remember the names, not epic mobs)

Any others, Cuth, Tylar, Motorhead, etc... will have to add :)

V

Verena

Great, thanks for reposting. I lost the original list I had in a .txt file somewhere. :)

K

Kaatar

Let's not foget the other realms.

Sorry, mispost.

E

elerand

I'd like to add tumblers for lvl 35-39 in vale of balor, slash+heat weak, neutral mobs that drop some good loot+random items for the lvl, I did 4 lvls solo with my vw and was 3 shotting yellow, 4-5 on orange cons :D

B

Belle Donna

i havent seen it yet so: faerie drakes nxt to caillte are pretty good ( or were) to solo as a shade at abt lvl 20-21, weak to pierce afaik :). but i believe theyre much harder to kill since ive been there.

S

Sankat

Faerie Drakes still ok for a shade, but at lvl 20 bit hard, lots of orange and reds. from lvl 21 to 23/24 nice solid exp for a solo shade

A

athar

Hey Char !! You don't play the game for 3 months and now you come tell us where to level. :p

Anyway great list u put here and nice to see you're still alive :great:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom