Help A quick question regarding missions

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am flying missions for agents at the moment but they all seem to be level 1. Am I right in understanding that the more I do the higher the level mission I get access to?

I bought some plask (think its called, the game time) and sold it in game so I currently have a fair amount of money and fly a Hurricane, obviously the level 1 missions are over pretty quickly, warp in, target enemy ships, one shot kill them. Is there any way to speed up the access to higher end missions or do I just sit it out and wait and continue to grind out the low missions? I think the problem is that I have only had a chance to play a couple of hours a night over the last couple of weeks so my learning has mostly been done while off line. My learnt skills and ships have outgrown my missions.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Train Connections up and you will increase standings with NPC corporations.

You can probably do lvl2 or lvl3 missions already. You should check what your standings are to the company that you do missions for.

If you've been doing lvl1 missions and the storyline missions for the last 2 weeks or so you should definitely have access to lvl 2 missions by now - maybe even lvl3 depending upon how fast you've done the missions.

M

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
You can see which agents are available to you btw.

What you do is get your agent up that you usually do and click his corp logo.

This will change the image from your agent to his corp and you should see some tabs along the bottom of the corp logo.

Select the agents tab and then select one of the divisions - command for example.

When you click on the tab the agents that the corp has under that heading should be displayed and if you scroll through the list you will see they are displayed by quality and in two batches (available and unavailable).

if you select an agent you can see where they're based and if you click on info for the agent, under the agent info tab it will tell you what standings you need to be able to use that agent.

You can also use the website EVE Agents - EVE-Online Agent finder to find agents for your selected corp in your system or region.

Makes sure you order your results by System Security.

Make sure you avoid low sec mission hubs. The pirates know all about these areas and will camp their entry points. Many a starter player has jumped into low sec and found 5/6 pirates waiting for him.

D

Marc

FH is my second home
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports

For mission reports. Never warp into a mission without knowing whats in there. Might save your ship if you are prepared.

I got well and truly sucker punched. Forgot to fit mission specific hardners. No worries I thought, only a 300k + 300k bonus mission. Warp in, 2 x 4 Battlecruisers and 1 battleship. Ive been playing long enough to realise that one battleship on its own is going to be a trigger but I still make the school boy error of killing it first. 2 more pockets of BC/BS/Frigates pop. Warp scrambled....dead.

My navy dominix down the drain.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I got well and truly sucker punched. Forgot to fit mission specific hardners. No worries I thought, only a 300k + 300k bonus mission. Warp in, 2 x 4 Battlecruisers and 1 battleship. Ive been playing long enough to realise that one battleship on its own is going to be a trigger but I still make the school boy error of killing it first. 2 more pockets of BC/BS/Frigates pop. Warp scrambled....dead.

Shit man :(

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved

ouch dude :s

You have my sympathy - I'd be properly miffed if that had happened to me :/

M

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Happens.

Prepare to fuck up alot in EVE. Lose expensive ships to noob mistakes

I can't count how many times I forgot I had alt logged on and got ganked by rats on gate in my covops

Or the time I tried ganking some people in stealth bomber in a plex, but got insta ganked myself by smartbombing batteries at warp-in

Marc

FH is my second home
Thanks to my lovely corp I now have a new navy dominix :D

taB

Part of the furniture
Nice corp help, ul with the loss.

I remember when I was missioning in my T2 CCC rigged Abaddon while ratarsed. It didn't go well. That was 500mil in rigs down the shitter at the time. The fact that I'd only paid 450mil for the ship + rigs didn't console me much :).

Ho hum.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Happens.

Prepare to fuck up alot in EVE. Lose expensive ships to noob mistakes

This....

Lost a Lach once when an alliance mate was bored during a hunt & asked me if we could test just how far I would damp him down. The answer was a lot - but not for long as we'd just moved from 0.0 to low sec & the gate guns frowned upon me damping a non-corp mate......

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I can remember giggling at a pirate in local as I entered warp from a belt only to bounce off the belt (with mwd on) and right back into neut/scram range of his nanophoon.

That was pretty painful.

Other than that... well just check my losses :p

when we were rolling with celes my corp title was "Main FC and target caller" for ages, that got very expensive.

:)

D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Everyones point being, it's allowed to die, just make sure you can replace the ship you lost. And don't make it a habit to die stupidly atleast ;)

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Everyones point being, it's allowed to die, just make sure you can replace the ship you lost. And don't make it a habit to die stupidly atleast ;)

I always ran under the 'can't afford to lose it then leave it in a station' approach for both mish's and PvP. Usually better to bin a cheap as chips boat to a cock up than your most expensive shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom